Author Topic: Another reason to lift weights with LOVE everything with LOVE  (Read 1447 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Another reason to lift weights with LOVE everything with LOVE
« on: January 27, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
 A steady flow of endorphins and Substance P through our bodies strengthens our immune system, keeps us feeling happy, joyful, optimistic and energized. This heightens our sense of well being so that we feel calmer, more centered and focused no matter what kind of stressful events might be happening around us.

Physiologically, these brain chemicals improve circulation, reduce blood pressure, increase body warmth and improve weight control. Kindness helps us relax so that we can connect with others and with our own good feelings.

The reverse is also true. When we are angry with others, it stops the flow of these “feel-good” chemicals. They are replaced by cortisol and other forms of adrenaline that create fight, flight and freeze behaviors associated with trauma and stress.
A

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Another reason to lift weights with LOVE everything with LOVE
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:34 PM »
A steady flow of endorphins and Substance P through our bodies strengthens our immune system, keeps us feeling happy, joyful, optimistic and energized. This heightens our sense of well being so that we feel calmer, more centered and focused no matter what kind of stressful events might be happening around us.

Physiologically, these brain chemicals improve circulation, reduce blood pressure, increase body warmth and improve weight control. Kindness helps us relax so that we can connect with others and with our own good feelings.

The reverse is also true. When we are angry with others, it stops the flow of these “feel-good” chemicals. They are replaced by cortisol and other forms of adrenaline that create fight, flight and freeze behaviors associated with trauma and stress.

I think youre right, but what if being angry makes me feel good?  I mean this IS the G&O for petes sake.

Jason

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:09:40 PM »
I had a dream, that I picked-up a mountain, and I broke that mountain in half. Inside that mountain was a little blue pony. One day, it would come to pass, that little blue pony would win the big derby.

Moral of the story? Crush the Man... power to the people (and the little pony's too).
a

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »
I'd love to smoke a big bag of bud with you, bet it would be fun
X

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:49 AM »

I have been practicing and reading about these principles for years. There is real research that backs its efficacy.

The UCLA Cousins Center (Named after Norman Cousins) brings together research expertise in the behavioral sciences, neuroscience and immunology to understand the interplay of psychological and biological factors in disease and how the resiliency of the human body can be aided by positive behaviors, attitudes and emotions.
http://www.cousinspni.org/

and keep moving!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
LOVE TO LIFT LIFT TO LOVE
Z

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:02 AM »
LOVE TO LIFT LIFT TO LOVE

Yep, results speak for themselves...
Here comes the money shot

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »
Yep, results speak for themselves...

everybody but you know thats not me. give it a break big guy
there's so many other blutos you can find by google, surprise me!
Z

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 10:09:11 AM »
I had a dream, that I picked-up a mountain, and I broke that mountain in half. Inside that mountain was a little blue pony. One day, it would come to pass, that little blue pony would win the big derby.

Moral of the story? Crush the Man... power to the people (and the little pony's too).

http://www.1chan.net/rail/thumb/1175497661590s.jpg

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
everybody but you know thats not me. give it a break big guy
there's so many other blutos you can find by google, surprise me!

bluto is sticking it out he knows he will live through the meteor hit!!!
A