Author Topic: BIG NATION Radio - SKIP LACOUR 1/28 REPLAY Available!  (Read 6609 times)

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
Re: BIG NATION Radio - SKIP LACOUR 1/28 REPLAY Available!
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 03:54:51 PM »
did skips jaw really grow in ten years?  anyone have comparison pics?
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 03:55:59 PM »

As for Dan Solomon, I wouldn't say I did all the leg work for him. All I did was bring him the Sirius radio deal along with the Sports Byline Network, Armed Forces Network, and the 62 FM/AM stations that followed, along with some promotions and production work, at a heavily discounted price.

No need for a boycott though, we at Big Nation support PBW!

How much money do you think they owe you? Would you like the number to the labor board?
E

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »
I think PBW does a good job, especially apportioning the workload and questions between Bob and Dan.  I still haven't figured out how they don't talk over each other, which is always a problem when people are not in a booth together. Dan and I have spoken several times and he's told me that in his heart he would like to be able to do a show with the freedom to ask a wider variety of questions, and I think that would improve the show, but in the end it's a business for them and the goal of any business is to turn a profit, which means pleasing your sponsors.

For Block and Special Ed, this started out as a hobby to entertain the Getbig audience. The danger of having powerful sponsors is having to kowtow to them and "be positive" even when the negative is what's most newsworthy and interesting.  Like Dan pointed out, there's no way to please everyone, as in his interview with Sergio. If you don't talk about the negative, you're a shill. If you dwell on the negative, you're a scumbag.

BIG NATION felt compelled to ask SKIP LACOUR about steroids because his reputation as being one of the top NATURAL bodybuilders of all-time is what keeps him relevant in the absence of his continued competitive bodybuilding career. BIG NATION fans loved the confrontation, the excellent question phoned in by Sir William Idol and hearing Skip's explanation. SKIP's fans felt that we ambushed him and shouldn't have wasted his time with "silly steroid questions".

I consider Skip a good friend, but no one gets a free pass on BIG NATION. Due to popular demand however, we have agreed to have Skip return to BIG NATION to discuss his very interesting "ManFormation" Program in greater detail.

Do you think skip = natural?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »

I do.  But not lifetime.   ;)

Jason

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »
I was initially skeptical. His rationale as he explained it to me was that his immediate success at bodybuilding left him little reason to look for a competitive edge. That made sense to me. If I can beat you at poker using my natural and learned abilities and skills, why would I need to cheat.

Also, as I've stated previously, I competed against and trained alongside IFBB World Amateur Champion winner Yohnnie Shambourger for several years. I saw him day in and day out at the gym and noticed certain qualities that very few possess: remarkable consistency, incredible focus, complete dedication to his diet, and obvious genetic advantages. Most importantly, Yohnnie's physique and features never went through the rather obvious signs of a steroid user: No off-season bloating, never blowing up, never shrinking, and always in great condition at a low bodyfat level. I also don't find a contest weight of 176 at 5'7-8 to be beyond the realm of possibility. Yohnnie weighed 167 onstage in 1988 and 176 onstage in 1995. I truly believe Yohnnie earned his pro card without drugs and took 3rd place at the Master's Olympia drug-free.

To me, these are the signs of a dedicated and disciplined person. In my life I have found that the most dedicated and disciplined people prefer thoroughness to shortcuts. I believe Skip has the same qualities.  Guys like Yohnnie, Skip, and Layne Norton don't have an "off-season". They don't eat at McDonalds. They don't pig out for weeks after a show. It's a way of life for them and they continue their lifestyle long after they finish competitive bodybuilding. Of the Pros I have known, I can tell you with 100% certainty that this description does NOT apply to ANY of them.
BigNationRadio.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »
I was initially skeptical. His rationale as he explained it to me was that his immediate success at bodybuilding left him little reason to look for a competitive edge. That made sense to me. If I can beat you at poker using my natural and learned abilities and skills, why would I need to cheat.

Also, as I've stated previously, I competed against and trained alongside IFBB World Amateur Champion winner Yohnnie Shambourger for several years. I saw him day in and day out at the gym and noticed certain qualities that very few possess: remarkable consistency, incredible focus, complete dedication to his diet, and obvious genetic advantages. Most importantly, Yohnnie's physique and features never went through the rather obvious signs of a steroid user: No off-season bloating, never blowing up, never shrinking, and always in great condition at a low bodyfat level. I also don't find a contest weight of 176 at 5'7-8 to be beyond the realm of possibility. Yohnnie weighed 167 onstage in 1988 and 176 onstage in 1995. I truly believe Yohnnie earned his pro card without drugs and took 3rd place at the Master's Olympia drug-free.

To me, these are the signs of a dedicated and disciplined person. In my life I have found that the most dedicated and disciplined people prefer thoroughness to shortcuts. I believe Skip has the same qualities.  Guys like Yohnnie, Skip, and Layne Norton don't have an "off-season". They don't eat at McDonalds. They don't pig out for weeks after a show. It's a way of life for them and they continue their lifestyle long after they finish competitive bodybuilding. Of the Pros I have known, I can tell you with 100% certainty that this description does NOT apply to ANY of them.

These novels really make me miss your top 10s :(
E

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 04:34:39 PM »

Good post.

Most people can not fanthom the amount of effort the best of the best (not IFBB pros) puts in every day of the years, often for decades. That brings results.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 03:00:57 AM »
Yeah nice post ED, I gotta say after listening to Skip I'd say he's either (a) for real and a very intelligent and dedicated man :).......or (b) hes lying and a very intelligent and dedicated man :o

Id like to think he's for real ;).

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2008, 05:08:46 AM »
Yeah nice post ED, I gotta say after listening to Skip I'd say he's either (a) for real and a very intelligent and dedicated man :).......or (b) hes lying and a very intelligent and dedicated man :o

Id like to think he's for real ;).

The key is that perhaps 0,05% or less of people training in gyms can come close to the effort and consistency people like Skip and Layne puts in. Thus, normal peoples results are not a valid frame of reference to evaluate Skips and Laynes nattie status, yet, since most of them believe it is, bashing Skip and Layne for using BBdrugs = a good way to rationalize their own lazyness.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2008, 05:15:54 AM »

Also, as I've stated previously, I competed against and trained alongside IFBB World Amateur Champion winner Yohnnie Shambourger for several years.
Do you have any comp pics of yourself?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »
Do you have any comp pics of yourself?
I'm sure you've seen them. Grand Inquisitor already posted them in the 'Wanted' section on Stormfront.org.

Seriously, I have 4-5 contest photos of me competing at 18 years old. My mom erased the video of the contest by taping an episode of Oprah over her son's 1st minute of fame. If you want to see the photos, please contact my agent Chris Hansen.
BigNationRadio.com

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!

AVBG

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 01:17:32 AM »
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=17664.0

Received this from Skip La Cour...

...Hi Guys,
I’m starting my own BODYBUILDING and TRAINING Internet Talk Radio Show TOMORROW and I want you to join me!
I want you to call me and participate in the show. The number to call is (347)326-9145.
Tune in TOMORROW Sunday morning, February 3 at:
10am (Eastern)
7am (Pacific)
London – 3pm
Sydney – 2am Monday
Brisbane – 1am Monday
Auckland – 4am Monday
You can call me with your comments or questions tomorrow LIVE and even chat on the message board while the show is in progress. (You will need to log in a free new account to do this).
DO ME A FAVOR:
Let me know if you can participate at that time by e-mailing me at
skip@skiplacour.com

. Thank you!

Go here and bookmark this site:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/skiplacour/2008/02/03/Skip-La-Cours-Bodybuilding-and-Training-Talk-Show
Let’s talk tomorrow morning!

Skip La Cour

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 01:20:53 AM »
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=17664.0

Received this from Skip La Cour...

...Hi Guys,
I’m starting my own BODYBUILDING and TRAINING Internet Talk Radio Show TOMORROW and I want you to join me!
I want you to call me and participate in the show. The number to call is (347)326-9145.
Tune in TOMORROW Sunday morning, February 3 at:
10am (Eastern)
7am (Pacific)
London – 3pm
Sydney – 2am Monday
Brisbane – 1am Monday
Auckland – 4am Monday
You can call me with your comments or questions tomorrow LIVE and even chat on the message board while the show is in progress. (You will need to log in a free new account to do this).
DO ME A FAVOR:
Let me know if you can participate at that time by e-mailing me at
skip@skiplacour.com

. Thank you!

Go here and bookmark this site:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/skiplacour/2008/02/03/Skip-La-Cours-Bodybuilding-and-Training-Talk-Show
Let’s talk tomorrow morning!

Skip La Cour

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Skip is a thief!
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
Hahaha, very good stuff Boonasty! ;D
Thats pretty funny.

Jason
boonasty aims to please