Author Topic: BIG NATION Radio - SKIP LACOUR 1/28 REPLAY Available!  (Read 6672 times)

evolutnbatista

• Getbig II
Re: BIG NATION Radio - Monday at 7pm - SKIP LACOUR
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »
What happened to the special md guest?!?!?!!?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »
My apologies to SQUADFATHER who called in and got disconnected. My apologies to DEREK ANTHONY as well. Ooops!
BigNationRadio.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 05:12:37 PM »
My apologies to SQUADFATHER who called in and got disconnected. My apologies to DEREK ANTHONY as well. Ooops!
no problem man, i'll call next week.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
It is guaranteed that 3 minutes after this post was POSTED that Derek got a text message and/or phone call reminding him that he can't talk to or have anything to do with Big Nation Radio.
?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 05:27:10 PM »
Skip was a really good guest. You guys should have him on another time as well.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »
basically if skip starts lifting at 27 years old, ten years after his natural test peaks, then develops the best natural physique on the planet....yeah, i guess his genetics are probably "average"  ::)

yeah and i was MVP of the AAA baseball league but i just decided the pro's weren't for me; you couldn't prove i'd be any good in the majors!

mabye skip rather go for helth look these day ???

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »
It is guaranteed that 3 minutes after this post was POSTED that Derek got a text message and/or phone call

It probably said, "Congratulations, Derek, you've been 'billy gunned'...  Please turn in your 'Team MD' magic decoder ring no later than noon tomorrow!"
Ron: "I am lazy."

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 01:43:14 AM »
i didn't listen to the show but did Skip answer the question on why his jaw has grown to Cutler proportions in the last decade?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 01:59:55 AM »
i didn't listen to the show but did Skip answer the question on why his jaw has grown to Cutler proportions in the last decade?

that's because of the myostatin blocking gene that is so prevalent in skip's and ken wheeler's families.

of course, this gene has an anabolic action as opposed to anti-catabolic ie subjects inflicted with this gene will continue to grow muscle whether they train or not. that is why flex wheeler has continued to gain muscle mass post retirement.... :-[

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »
that's because of the myostatin blocking gene that is so prevalent in skip's and ken wheeler's families.

of course, this gene has an anabolic action as opposed to anti-catabolic ie subjects inflicted with this gene will continue to grow muscle whether they train or not. that is why flex wheeler has continued to gain muscle mass post retirement.... :-[

haha...yeah wheeler is a monster...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 06:55:56 AM »
haha...yeah wheeler is a monster...

are you suggesting that mr ken 'flex' wheeler is not above deceiving people for personal gain Spoony Luv??...say...like begging for a kidney from some poor sap so you can take more drugs for a bodybuilding show...or employing friends like shawn ray to collect donations of cash for you while your thrashing the guts out of your brand new mercedes...or.........

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:11 AM »

Thanks for the show:)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »
you got a pic to prove that?  I ain't sayin your lying I'm just saying I've never seen anything like that...I haven't really looked either.
nasser=piece of shit

FOXTROT-1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: BIG NATION Radio - SKIP LACOUR 1/28 REPLAY Available!
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »
Just listened to the show. I highly enjoyed it. What happened to the MD athelte who was supposed to call in?

Let me get this straight. So Dan Solomon of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly originally hired Keith Jasper to help network his show and land a deal with Sirrus radio and Dan totally blew keith off? Did I get this right? This dude Keith did the leg work for Dan and Dan totally screwed him over and left him to hang out and dry?

How did big nation radio land him? Will big nation be better? How could Pro bodybuilding weekley do that when they are in the pockets of the Delucka brothers? Are they cheap or is Dan the kind of guy that wants to take the credit for everything and brush under the carpet the one who is responsible? Whatever though.

Good work guys at Big nation. I'll be tuning in on Monday nights now since my work shift changed. Who is on for next week?

FT-1

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 06:41:22 AM »
Does Skip talk about his cycles?

If not, i won't listen.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:29 AM »
skip came off as a nice guy who's really moved on from BB IMO.  I woulda liked to have heard more about his training, his dedication, his diet all that good stuff.

The whole alpha male thing is interesting.

Skip seems like a serious guy, I don't know how many of the jokes he got...still a good guest. 

it's ironic that he made his name as a drug free BB but when you say skip lacour on a BB board all you hear about is roids...
nasser=piece of shit

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 07:42:51 AM »
skip came off as a nice guy who's really moved on from BB IMO.  I woulda liked to have heard more about his training, his dedication, his diet all that good stuff.

The whole alpha male thing is interesting.

Skip seems like a serious guy, I don't know how many of the jokes he got...still a good guest. 

it's ironic that he made his name as a drug free BB but when you say skip lacour on a BB board all you hear about is roids...

Now WHY would that be??  ::) ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
basically if skip starts lifting at 27 years old, ten years after his natural test peaks, then develops the best natural physique on the planet....yeah, i guess his genetics are probably "average"  ::)

yeah and i was MVP of the AAA baseball league but i just decided the pro's weren't for me; you couldn't prove i'd be any good in the majors!

I don't see what is hard to believe about a guy that starts lifting near 30 and gets one of the physiques on the planet. 

Skip is nothing special!!

my friend you are too cynical, perhaps you have been on getbig too long..I recommend that you go offline and start reading some bodybuilding magazine..you will see on every other page some guy going from fat to a mr. O contenter is 45 days.

All that you need to do is start Jay Cutler MuscleTech stack..he sites that as his reason for Winning the O last year.
Here comes the money shot

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 08:38:41 AM »
I don't see what is hard to believe about a guy that starts lifting near 30 and gets one of the physiques on the planet. 

Skip is nothing special!!

my friend you are too cynical, perhaps you have been on getbig too long..I recommend that you go offline and start reading some bodybuilding magazine..you will see on every other page some guy going from fat to a mr. O contenter is 45 days.

All that you need to do is start Jay Cutler MuscleTech stack..he sites that as his reason for Winning the O last year.
hahahahhaa, another monster who's not impressed with LaCour ::) you must be an absolute beast.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »
hahahahhaa, another monster who's not impressed with LaCour ::) you must be an absolute beast.

umm..next time I will include the " ::)"

Squad, I was being sarcastic..no one truly believes that Skip is clean..from day 1 he wasn't natural
Here comes the money shot

thisiskeith12

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 08:58:09 AM »
Just listened to the show. I highly enjoyed it. What happened to the MD athelte who was supposed to call in?

Let me get this straight. So Dan Solomon of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly originally hired Keith Jasper to help network his show and land a deal with Sirrus radio and Dan totally blew keith off? Did I get this right? This dude Keith did the leg work for Dan and Dan totally screwed him over and left him to hang out and dry?

How did big nation radio land him? Will big nation be better? How could Pro bodybuilding weekley do that when they are in the pockets of the Delucka brothers? Are they cheap or is Dan the kind of guy that wants to take the credit for everything and brush under the carpet the one who is responsible? Whatever though.

Good work guys at Big nation. I'll be tuning in on Monday nights now since my work shift changed. Who is on for next week?

FT-1

Yes.  :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »
sarcasm fails to see the sarcasm

the irony!

Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 09:25:31 AM »
Yes.  :D

Tell us more Keith. You think Getbiggers should boycott PBW for fucking over one of our own(even though I have a feeling you aren't a real getbigger and probably have accounts at other BBing boards). Anyway, how much do they owe you? How bad is Big Nation beating PBW by the numbers? What kind of plans you got for Big Nation?
E

thisiskeith12

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 10:01:17 AM »
Tell us more Keith. You think Getbiggers should boycott PBW for fucking over one of our own(even though I have a feeling you aren't a real getbigger and probably have accounts at other BBing boards). Anyway, how much do they owe you? How bad is Big Nation beating PBW by the numbers? What kind of plans you got for Big Nation?

I read and post here a lot. I have an account that was banned once at MD for no reason, but was re-instated.

We've got a lot of great ideas we're working on. I'm actually chasing down some big guests right now. The show's potential in my opinion is greater than PBW, as it can stretch outside of just bodybuilding into other similar and interesting fields.

I will say that I just got a text from Special Ed and Monday's show is the most downloaded show so far. I have a good idea of PBW's average numbers and I'm very excited.

As for Dan Solomon, I wouldn't say I did all the leg work for him. All I did was bring him the Sirius radio deal along with the Sports Byline Network, Armed Forces Network, and the 62 FM/AM stations that followed, along with some promotions and production work, at a heavily discounted price.

No need for a boycott though, we at Big Nation support PBW!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »
I think PBW does a good job, especially apportioning the workload and questions between Bob and Dan.  I still haven't figured out how they don't talk over each other, which is always a problem when people are not in a booth together. Dan and I have spoken several times and he's told me that in his heart he would like to be able to do a show with the freedom to ask a wider variety of questions, and I think that would improve the show, but in the end it's a business for them and the goal of any business is to turn a profit, which means pleasing your sponsors.

For Block and Special Ed, this started out as a hobby to entertain the Getbig audience. The danger of having powerful sponsors is having to kowtow to them and "be positive" even when the negative is what's most newsworthy and interesting.  Like Dan pointed out, there's no way to please everyone, as in his interview with Sergio. If you don't talk about the negative, you're a shill. If you dwell on the negative, you're a scumbag.

BIG NATION felt compelled to ask SKIP LACOUR about steroids because his reputation as being one of the top NATURAL bodybuilders of all-time is what keeps him relevant in the absence of his continued competitive bodybuilding career. BIG NATION fans loved the confrontation, the excellent question phoned in by Sir William Idol and hearing Skip's explanation. SKIP's fans felt that we ambushed him and shouldn't have wasted his time with "silly steroid questions".

I consider Skip a good friend, but no one gets a free pass on BIG NATION. Due to popular demand however, we have agreed to have Skip return to BIG NATION to discuss his very interesting "ManFormation" Program in greater detail.

BigNationRadio.com