Author Topic: Humane Societies, Veterinary Clinics, Shelters, Zoos and other organizations..  (Read 2841 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Someone posted this on a group, it looked kinda neat and you can get a free cd ($5 shipping) if you are one of the above organizations or work with rescue animals (I know I have seen at least one person post that they volunteer in a shelter).  If I had any dogs with anxieties I would probably get one myself, so anyone here with a dog with anxieties or new puppies might want to give it a shot too.

If anyone tries it I would be curious to know what results you get. 

http://www.caninelullabies.com/?q=kennels

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
We offer a Free Heartbeat Music Therapy CD (a $15.95 retail value) to Humane Societies, Veterinary Clinics, Shelters, Zoos and other organizations dedicated to the protection, rehabilitation and general welfare of animals. More than 3,000 professionals have already received free CDs.  They write us about successfully using it for barking, hyper-activity, separation anxiety, thunderstorm phobia, and other behavioral problems.

Reputable professionals, like yourself, are documenting that our music has calmed aggressive chimpanzees, stressed dogs, and frightened cats.  We suspect any trainable animal with acute selective hearing may respond to the music in the same way.

Please accept a "Canine Lullabies" CD as our gift in appreciation for what you do.  When you discover this music is for real - a true benefit to animals and owners - and not just the latest gimmick -- we believe you'll discover your own creative ways to use it profesionally.

We encourage you to experiment, and we'd love to get your email or phone call to let us and your peers know your results.

FIRST COPY (retail value:  $15.95) FREE with $5 shipping (We originally did not charge shipping, but due to the thousands requested, it will help greatly if you can pay shipping) Additional copies can be purchased at a deep discounts to Non-Profits for fundraisers, member gifts, or to give with every animal adopted.

Solve an animal's anxiety in their home, and you'll help your adoptees stay in good homes!

Thanks,
Terry Woodford, President
Audio-Therapy Innovations, Inc.

(please call 800-537-7748 for your complimentary copy)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s

Butterbean

• Getbig V
What a great thing for them to do!   :)

"consoles whimpering puppies" too.....Mindspin could have used this!
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
I thought so!! Maybe it is a bunch of hoo-haw, but I bet it can work. Maybe it calms the shelter dogs down to hear a soothing voice along with the heartbeat?  It makes sense that it could help some dogs.

Or puppies or seperation anxiety, or thunderstorms (Stella  ;) )

I hope someone here takes advantage of this and gives it a shot.

(I have no affiliation with this company and never heard of this til today)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
or thunderstorms (Stella  ;) )

If we try it we will report back!  Maybe I'll order one tomorrow after I order the Joint stuff :)
R

temper35

• Getbig III
I thought so!! Maybe it is a bunch of hoo-haw, but I bet it can work. Maybe it calms the shelter dogs down to hear a soothing voice along with the heartbeat?  It makes sense that it could help some dogs.

Or puppies or seperation anxiety, or thunderstorms (Stella  ;) )

I hope someone here takes advantage of this and gives it a shot.

(I have no affiliation with this company and never heard of this til today)

Something is prolly laced within the music.  "Soothing" a dog would not stop it from being frantic like dogs are in shelters.  Complete nonsense.

I wouldn't trust it.  Way too sketchy

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Something is prolly laced within the music.  "Soothing" a dog would not stop it from being frantic like dogs are in shelters.  Complete nonsense.

I wouldn't trust it.  Way too sketchy

Watch the camera angles in the "promotional" u-tube clip---there is obviously someone holding the camera focusing on the dogs in that part of the kennel--you can tell because of the way the dogs keep looking back at that area.  They are looking at something.  The other is a person moving through the humane society filming, which will distract and get the dogs attention, especially if they are expecting some sort of interaction.  What is bad is the humans may have conditioned the dogs for this and not even realize it.  The only true way to do animal observations like that is via remote camera with a hidden location.  Everything else can potentially alter the animals behavior. 

Those two people could really, really throw things off in a video clip like this--especially if the people are people who interact with the dogs on a day to day basis.   I used to see it when my wife and I worked in the humane society all of the time.  The dogs would react differently to us after hours than they did during the day.  Granted there was always one or two nonstop yappers, but the majority weren't.  All it took was for us to walk through the shelter giving treats at the end of the day.  It'd be easy enough to do that with this video too. 

All of that said, I'm going to get one of these CD's to try at the zoo.  We are playing music in most of the animal barns--especially with some of the really jumpy species like gazelles and some of the asian deer species and with all of the nonhuman primates, rhinos and elephants.  It does seem to have an obvious calming effect on the animals. 

I have seen some animals "go off" at certian music---like a male Indian rhino start tearing the barn up when one of the keepers switched the music to heavy metal music, which is also understandable.   For some reason, it seems as if birds like the faster more aggressive music compared to mammals which go for calming/soothing music----my grey LOVES Black Sabbath and metalica..... but thats my grey.  She's special.   ;)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
All of that said, I'm going to get one of these CD's to try at the zoo.  We are playing music in most of the animal barns--especially with some of the really jumpy species like gazelles and some of the asian deer species and with all of the nonhuman primates, rhinos and elephants.  It does seem to have an obvious calming effect on the animals. 

Cool!!  Let us know what happens.   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
my grey LOVES Black Sabbath and metalica..... but thats my grey.  She's special.   ;)
I hear her favorite is Sweet Leaf.
R

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
I hear her favorite is Sweet Leaf.

Nope, IRONMAN and Enter Sandman.     ;)