Author Topic: Anyone else notice that Obama is all rhetoric and no substance in his speeches?  (Read 2113 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I have not heard him once talk about policy. He just gives flowery speeches and it seems people love it.

Discuss...
I hate the State.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

Do you want him to read you a 90 pg report on Medicare?  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Do you want him to read you a 90 pg report on Medicare?  ::)

He could be more like Ron Paul and actually talk about issues. It wouldn't hurt.
I hate the State.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
he is infinitely better than that smug hag hillary. edwards owns her as well

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
He could be more like Ron Paul and actually talk about issues. It wouldn't hurt.

I am not impressed by ron Paul's take on the issues.  The man's views have no basis in the reality we live in.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I have not heard him once talk about policy. He just gives flowery speeches and it seems people love it.

Discuss...

and also a virtually identical voting record with Hillary.

You can't discount the value of being a compelling orator.

Shit Bush seemed to get elected solely on the idea that people could imagine themselves drinking a beer with him

WTF is wrong with this country? - most of the people don't even vote

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Trap I'd hug u but that would be gay...plus what straw said....no difference at all, and he talks about change?..what friggen change.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
I am not impressed by ron Paul's take on the issues.  The man's views have no basis in the reality we live in.

You idiot. With that sentence you just admitted you're a sheep that didn't even try to figure things out for yourself.

Maybe just maybe if you picked up a book, you'd never spout shit like that.

Lets take a look at some of his views:

He's a strict Constitutionalist.

Ron Paul has been voted in ten times as a Republican congressman in Texas. He wins so often and so easily that the Dem's don't even pit anyone against him cause they know they'll lose.

Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes.
Ron Paul has never voted to go to Iraq.
Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.

Ron Paul knows more about the economy than ANY other candidate, many, many economists seem to think so too. He was the first to say the US is heading for a reccession.

Ron Paul believes people have a right to bear arms.
Ron Paul believes in smaller government.

The list goes on and on.

Try to do a little investigating instead of regurgitating the things you hear on CNN.

But if you'd like, please explain which of his views have no basis in reality. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Discuss...

I agree for the most part.  I heard him talk policy in a speech in South Carolina, but not too specific.  You're right that he, for the most part, just gives a good speech.  Not a whole lot of substance. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I agree for the most part.  I heard him talk policy in a speech in South Carolina, but not too specific.  You're right that he, for the most part, just gives a good speech.  Not a whole lot of substance. 

People love pretty and florid speeches unfortunately; much more so than substantive ones. That is why Ron Paul doesn't do as well as he should,, he is too matter of fact for most people.

In any event, as an Independent I am (realistically, rather than ideally) leaning towards Obama. I would never vote for a Republican other than Ron Paul. If it comes down to Obama vs. the Usual Suspects I am voting for Obama. At the very least he would be good PR for the rest of the world.
I hate the State.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
People love pretty and florid speeches unfortunately; much more so than substantive ones. That is why Ron Paul doesn't do as well as he should,, he is too matter of fact for most people.

In any event, as an Independent I am (realistically, rather than ideally) leaning towards Obama. I would never vote for a Republican other than Ron Paul. If it comes down to Obama vs. the Usual Suspects I am voting for Obama. At the very least he would be good PR for the rest of the world.

I agree, Obama talks without saying anything but that's what most people are used to these days. Just give the public ear candy.

Ron Paul's word would get a lot of people's attention if he had a place where people could hear the message. On YouTube, Ron Paul's announcment to his supporters had over 100,000 hits in a 24 hour period.

(Just an oberservation about youtube), I've noticed the view count for some of his other videos are going up and down. The view counter will say 4990 views and then on the next visit it'll go down to 600. On other vids the rating will be at 400 but the views will say 200. How's that possible when you can't rate unless you have viewed the video?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
most of the people don't even vote

i dont vote..why?

350 million folks in this country and they give us TWO choices :-\  thats not a democracy...
your future prez ws picked yrs ago...this horse n pony show is put on for your amusement
carpe` vaginum!

Decker

• Getbig V
You idiot. With that sentence you just admitted you're a sheep that didn't even try to figure things out for yourself.

Maybe just maybe if you picked up a book, you'd never spout shit like that.

Lets take a look at some of his views:

He's a strict Constitutionalist.

That's why I could never vote for him.  His rhetoric sounds more like he's an originalist.  We can't go back to 1776 and we shouldn't have to.  There's an idea out there that the constitution is a living document meaning it adapts to the exigencies of history as needed--slavery, women as second class citizens, equal protection and so on.

The world of 1776 doesn't exist anymore.  The constitution has adapted to our history.

Now he can discuss taxes and such and that's fine.  I don't think any responsible politician can claim the mantle of "never raised at tax" is something great because the reality is is that our country does need tax revenue to run.  That's a fact.  Sometimes a tax has to be raised and sometimes it can be cut.

For tax reductions, cutting spending is the trick.  To cut spending effectively, we have to look at these things:
Entitlements and defense.

I like Paul's views on Iraq and the Patriot Act--he's dead on there.

Decker

• Getbig V
As for Obama, I don't care for his efforts to conciliate with the right wingers on certain topics like Social Security (Obama, there is no crisis).

That's a kind of pandering that's not needed.  I suppose it shows that he'll work with the people across the aisle even if their assertions are BS.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Oh we're going to cut defense...there is no way we can afford to cut defense. No way..we can cut wasteful programs..but that money all needs to go back into the defense kitty. In this day and age, cutting defense is like cutting our throat.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
Oh we're going to cut defense...there is no way we can afford to cut defense. No way..we can cut wasteful programs..but that money all needs to go back into the defense kitty. In this day and age, cutting defense is like cutting our throat.
We spend more on defense than anyone in the world.  The exxcesses are legendary.  Remember the $700 dollar hammers and toilet seats--that was part of defense spending.

There's a lot of fat that can be trimmed.  For starters, let's scale back some of the mercenary pay to private soldiers.  Give a portion of that to our existing soldiers and cut the rest from defense spending.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
We will expand the pay and use of contractors as we go forward..its cheaper or atleast dead even as far as the long term goes. As far as the 700 hammers..that was all bullshit and not explained by the press correctly. There is plenty of fat to trim away....there are tons of sexy geewiz projects that look great to Congress but nobody on the ground wants. Rummy was great for that..we have kinds of laser..spaceship crap when we really need decent, mineproof Jeeps. We're getting that kind of stuff , finally. We also need to re-vamp our fighters and transports. We're going to need to buy a whole new family of transports. Its hard to get money for unsexy things.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
We will expand the pay and use of contractors as we go forward..its cheaper or atleast dead even as far as the long term goes. As far as the 700 hammers..that was all bullshit and not explained by the press correctly. There is plenty of fat to trim away....there are tons of sexy geewiz projects that look great to Congress but nobody on the ground wants. Rummy was great for that..we have kinds of laser..spaceship crap when we really need decent, mineproof Jeeps. We're getting that kind of stuff , finally. We also need to re-vamp our fighters and transports. We're going to need to buy a whole new family of transports. Its hard to get money for unsexy things.

How many dirty Arabs have you killed with your M-16?
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
That was not bullshit. 

We are not talking just about trimming fat from the budget, we are talking about defrauding the US government--stealing our tax dollars to pad the wallets/accounts of the military industrial complex.

Fraudulent Defense spending is a glut of crooked efforts to bilk the government.  The privatization effort re the military just helps the stealing move along.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
That's why I could never vote for him.  His rhetoric sounds more like he's an originalist.  We can't go back to 1776 and we shouldn't have to.  There's an idea out there that the constitution is a living document meaning it adapts to the exigencies of history as needed--slavery, women as second class citizens, equal protection and so on.

The world of 1776 doesn't exist anymore.  The constitution has adapted to our history.

Now he can discuss taxes and such and that's fine.  I don't think any responsible politician can claim the mantle of "never raised at tax" is something great because the reality is is that our country does need tax revenue to run.  That's a fact.  Sometimes a tax has to be raised and sometimes it can be cut.

For tax reductions, cutting spending is the trick.  To cut spending effectively, we have to look at these things:
Entitlements and defense.

I like Paul's views on Iraq and the Patriot Act--he's dead on there.

I don't agree with everything he says either but thats a view that may appeal to a lot of other people so it makes it relevant "in reality" to some just as you agree with his views on Iraq. Some believe he has nothing to offer without even investgating what he's about.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
How many dirty Arabs have you killed with your M-16?

I'm a Tanker..its a 120mm Reinmetal smoothbore...its makes a really big hole. If i have to go to the 16, its over.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
That was not bullshit. 

We are not talking just about trimming fat from the budget, we are talking about defrauding the US government--stealing our tax dollars to pad the wallets/accounts of the military industrial complex.

Fraudulent Defense spending is a glut of crooked efforts to bilk the government.  The privatization effort re the military just helps the stealing move along.

The media made it seem like it was one hammer or one lid. Forget it, besides alot of stuff that happened in the 80's was to fund black budgets and the wars in Central and South America that we never really mention in this country. I remember going to school in the 90's with guys as well as some ROTC instructors...no combat patch on their BDU's but in Class A's they all had plenty of combat ribbons...all from time in Central and South America. People biliking Uncle Sam happens every day..on all fronts. Everybody complains about Haliburton...there is no company anywhere..worldwide that can do what they do. So, when people say "nothing is to good for our boys"..well Haliburton kept the hot water in the showers...awsome chow..and clean shitters..all day long..everyday. Nobody can do what they do.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I'm a Tanker..its a 120mm Reinmetal smoothbore...its makes a really big hole. If i have to go to the 16, its over.

So how many dirty Arabs have you killed in total?
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Come on...dumb question. All the matters is that I've gone twice and headed back next year for another round, where I don't expect to even  have to draw my weapon. Anybody who claims to kill people is an idiot and a lier, especially on a board.
L