Author Topic: PBW Radio: Sergio Olvia - Constructive Comments  (Read 7990 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: BOB CHICK AND DON SOLOMAN....READ THIS!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 07:46:27 AM »
well we know know but if u love bodybuilding you would want to hear how everything was back in the day....are u saying that the only thing they should talk about is personal episodes??
I would love to hear what Oliva ate and so one...even though i consider myself well updated after going to college and studying both nutrition and training.....
peace

Only guys come from scandinavia.

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 07:48:50 AM »
That's a fair question...and one that I'm glad to respond to.  -- Before the show, Sergio was kind enough to send me a copy of his new "Auto-Biography" (co-written by Frank Marchante).  Sergio and his co-author asked that we promote the book during the interview by referencing various "Hot Topics" from the book.  -- When I turned to page 79 of the book, Sergio tells a very powerful story of the time he was shot in the stomach by his former wife.  This was, obviously, a MAJOR event in Sergio's life.  That is why Sergio chose to include it in his book.  -- At the end of the PBW interview, we simply quoted the excerpt from the book (from page 79) where Sergio openly discusses the incident.  (Prior to that portion of the interview, we focused on the Olympia contests of 1967, 68, 69, 70...along with the fallout between Sergio and the federations and his battles with Arnold.  We also covered the story of his escape from communist Cuba and his transition from powerlifting to bodybuilding.  The new book is called "Sergio Oliva - His Life Story".  It reveals far more than we could during a 25 minute radio interview.  Before the interview, Sergio made it very clear that he wanted to openly discuss any and all topics.  -- As we've learned in recent weeks, everyone has a very different opinion of what they want us to cover on the show.  If we had neglected to ask him about this event, you can be sure that people would be asking "Why didn't you ask Sergio about the time...." 

Thanks for responding!
I truely epriciate it and I think that u understood my post....
all i want is whats good for the sport and lately its been turning for the worst in terms of focus...
peace

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 07:49:03 AM »
You misunderstood my meaning.  I meant they know what to do, not that they were necessarily doing it.  Sergio talking about his training routing or diet accomplishes nothing useful in changing that.

Well, most of these fuckers that don't apply the basics have this belief that the people out there getting results get it because they have some kind of "secret" or something. Thus, instead of applying the fundamentals on a consistent basis, they spend time listening to PBW, thinking that Sergio can solve their lack of work ethic with his "secrets" :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »
Thus, instead of applying the fundamentals on a consistent basis, they spend time listening to PBW, thinking that Sergio can solve their lack of work ethic with his "secrets" :D

Their lack of work ethic sickens me!  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »
Only #### come from scandinavia.

how bout u dont coment on this post then and go do or write about something else....?

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »

Their lack of work ethic sickens me!  >:(

good thing you found another negative homo to team up with and that u can focus on the work ethics and talk shit about that after your no brain comment.....
I bet you were a follower all your life...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 07:59:52 AM »
good thing you found another negative #### to team up with and that u can focus on the work ethics and talk shit about that after your no brain comment.....
I bet you were a follower all your life...

You're just melting down all over the place today.

Take a deep breath...  it ain't that serious.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 08:02:57 AM »

I would truely hurt you if I could and I dont understand what you are doing on this forum or why you have an interest in the sport..
I have seen your pics and you look like nothing.I dont even understand why you have posted them.You are clearly disillusional.
Get your own post and I will stay away from whatever topic you want to discuss but if you dont have anything else but a childish frase and a picture of your dad ointing at your dick then stay the fuck away from mine.

translation: Squadfather has hurt my wittle feewings so I'm gonna cry like a bitch

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »

I would truely hurt you if I could and I dont understand what you are doing on this forum or why you have an interest in the sport..
I have seen your pics and you look like nothing.I dont even understand why you have posted them.You are clearly disillusional.
Get your own post and I will stay away from whatever topic you want to discuss but if you dont have anything else but a childish frase and a picture of your dad ointing at your dick then stay the fuck away from mine.

ahahhahaha, another internet badass, i'll be waiting patiently on the PM death threats to arrive shortly. ;D

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 08:12:07 AM »
Who is "Don Soloman"?  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
I met Sergio and Arlene in Sydney in 1981. They came to my gym and they came to my home for a party so we spent some time together. After talking to both of them I wondered how long their relationship would last and I told Arlene I doubted it would last very long.

How many hours after you met them, did you tell a woman her marriage was going to fail?

Was Sergio in the restroom at the time, when you decided to play matchmaker?

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 08:18:13 AM »
ahahhahaha, another internet badass, i'll be waiting patiently on the PM death threats to arrive shortly. ;D

You missed the point about u doing something else then fucking up this topic

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »
hey mcmuscle just relax
its just the internet
take a deep breath man
youre completely out of line
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 08:23:11 AM »
how bout u dont coment on this post then and go do or write about something else....?

How about you go fuck yourself you viking homo? :D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »
You missed the point about u doing something else then fucking up this topic
no that's ok, i think i'll stick around this thread. :D

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
HAHAHHA, check this out...this is "Mcmuscle's" profile on a dating site....

http://www.onenightstanddate.com/profile.php?ID=15442

am a tall young man with lots of energy, money, and a fair amount of muscles.
::)

"Fair amount of muscles"....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THis kid doesn't weigh a buck fifty soaking wet ::)

Type of Relationship: Erotic chat/phone

haha, this tool needs to get a girlfriend.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 08:26:13 AM »
Im glad that more and more people are talking about the industry's seedy side, its about time to shine some light on this back alley dumpster of 'sport', the more ppl outed for thier past recklessness will force sponsors to seek 'athletes' who arent so ready to G4P, beat bitches, deal drugs or have whorish wives ....
The Number 2 in Scranton

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
Im glad that more and more people are talking about the industry's seedy side, its about time to shine some light on this back alley dumpster of 'sport', the more ppl outed for thier past recklessness will force sponsors to seek 'athletes' who arent so ready to G4P, beat bitches, deal drugs or have whorish wives ....

If such an underbelly existed, I'm sure we'd read about it in the monthly magazines.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 08:31:47 AM »
If such an underbelly existed, I'm sure we'd read about it in the monthly magazines.

;D

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »
HAHAHHA, check this out...this is "Mcmuscle's" profile on a dating site....

http://www.onenightstanddate.com/profile.php?ID=15442
 ::)

"Fair amount of muscles"....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THis kid doesn't weigh a buck fifty soaking wet ::)

haha, this tool needs to get a girlfriend.

Speak on this, "Mcmuscle"

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
hahahaha, i'm sure "he'll" be a hit with all the musclebears on that site. ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2008, 08:40:07 AM »

IT aint him, this dude is from Europe.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »

IT aint him, this dude is from Europe.

If that's the case, I wonder why he sent me a PM calling me an "asshole" for posting his profile and making fun of him :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 08:51:44 AM »
I have been listening to every one of your 100 radio broadcasts...and I have enjoyed them all.
You started off the 100th with saying that u draw the line of not talking about affairs and wifes and so on concerningthe whole childish milos and nassar story. Bob u said that u draw the line....
then u have one of the greatest bodybuilders off all time on and I guess u dont draw the line anywhere as long as the marrige tragedy is big enough caus u spent a lot of time talking about how his wife shot him.....
now why would you say that u will not talk about wifes having affairs and then go on to talk about a terrible incident like what happend to Oliva. Its bodybuilding talk radio and I think talking about his wife shooting him and fighting cops belongs in the muscle mob program and u should be ashemed to spent olivias time on those topics. u should have tlaked about exercises back in the day ,supplements and old bodybuilding stories!
very dissapointed with the interview, your morals and double standpoint.
this is ment as constructive critisism and i hope u read it as that....
I have recomended the show to many and u have many norwegians ordering from your site and listening to your show because off me. so in my opinion you owe me an answer to this.
peace

Dan pretty much summed it up, but allow me to retort:

There are so many differences between the two, I don't even know where to start...first, were talking about an incident Sergio included in his own book, obviously an important event in HIS life...not an allegation, not a book by his Ex-wife, not a book by someone else.

It was also many,many years ago....his ex wife long gone, not a part of our bb community. Milos is STILL married to MIlimar, part of todays scope of events, and she is an active pro figure competitor. They also have a daughter who is certainly smart enough to access a computer, or overhear a conversation that may arise because of this.   Nasser made an allegation, expressed his opinion on said event....there was no question that Sergios wife shot him.

Sergio DOES mention his early days of weightlifting, and his transition to BB.....he also makes mention of using Dbol back in the day and how it's so much different than todays programs...maybe you should listen a little closer next show. Listening to stories of how much chicken they ate and taking liver tablets by the handful doesn't make for interesting radio, now does it?

There isn't a "double standpoint" as you put it...

BTW...not quite sure what your definition of "a lot of time" is...I think you would be quite surprized at how LITTLE time was spent on that actual event. The time was WAS spent, was from SERGIO choosing to elaborate on the question.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »
You actually listened to that shit?

Simply because Sergio was on. I was interested in what he had to say. Now, he may not have been as good of an interviewee and went on these tangents, but Bob and Dan focusing more on his personal wife slapping/gun shotting past!?

C'mon! Get serious! I think I speak for everyone when I say we're more interested in his bodybuilding/Arnold rivalry days than the "abuse". Please the majority, not the minority!