Author Topic: Heath Ledger to be buried in a 25G mahogany casket  (Read 8154 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Heath Ledger to be buried in a 25G mahogany casket
« on: January 29, 2008, 07:55:43 AM »
LOS ANGELES - Heath Ledger's body will be laid to rest in a $25,000 mahogany casket lined with cream-colored velvet, the Daily News has learned.

The handmade Concord mahogany casket is considered one of the finest wooden coffins on the market.

"It's a very, very beautiful casket - really special, really fancy," a source told The News.

The 28-year-old actor was found dead - naked and facedown on his bed - inside his SoHo loft last Tuesday. Authorities suspect the "Brokeback Mountain" heartthrob's shocking death may be linked to the six types of prescription drugs found in his bedroom.

Ledger, a rising star in Hollywood known for his brooding personality and complex roles, is expected to be buried in his native Perth, Australia.

Funeral plans remain shrouded in secrecy, but the Bowra & O'Dea funeral home in Midland Australia, is believed to be handling the arrangements.

The century-old funeral home is just a couple of miles away from Guildford, where Ledger attended grammar school in the 1980s.

Mike Ledger, Heath's uncle, told Australian news services that the family was still finalizing plans, but they were considering holding a private wake at Guildford Grammar.

Employees at Bowra & O'Dea were tight-lipped yesterday.

"I don't have any information I can tell you, sorry," a manager said when asked when Ledger's body would be received.

Ledger was memorialized by family members and a handful of A-list celebrities in a private service at a Los Angeles celebrity mortuary Saturday night.

In attendance were Michelle Williams, his ex-girlfriend and mother of his 2-year-old daughter, and the actress Naomi Watts, who dated the Oscar-nominated actor for nearly two years.

Ledger's lifeless body was discovered last week by a masseuse who repeatedly called celebrity twin Mary-Kate Olsen for help before she dialed 911.

Olsen dispatched her bodyguards to her celebrity pal's apartment; they arrived at the same time as emergency medical technicians, police sources say. Police officials have stated repeatedly they're not interested in questioning Olsen.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/29/2008-01-29_heath_ledger_to_be_buried_in_25g_mahogan.html
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
Re: Heath Ledger to be buried in a 25G mahogany casket
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:56:49 AM »
why isn't a $25 wooden box not good enough? seems like a total waste of money to me

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:59:09 AM »
why don't you call your boys Jizznesse Jizznackson and Al Shizznarpton up on yo tizznelephone and protest nucka? ::)

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 07:59:55 AM »
Such a waste of good wood, you could make a couple of real nice cabinets with that kind of wood.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »

The century-old funeral home is just a couple of miles away from Guildford, where Ledger attended grammar school in the 1980s.

Maybe the building is old but Bowra & O'Dea are a chain mortuary, kind of like the McDonalds of the undertaking industry.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »
Maybe the building is old but Bowra & O'Dea are a chain mortuary, kind of like the McDonalds of the undertaking industry.

Does that mean their coffin's look like shrivelled dried up versions of the ones in the pictures?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
what were the 6 prescription drugs found in his hotel room?

with our staff of getbig millionaire cagefighting PhDs, we should be able to figure out the cause of death that the medical examiner was unable to ascertain.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »

I stopped by the apartment with my brother and freind on sunday  (im the one speaking )
The Number 2 in Scranton

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 08:17:30 AM »
what were the 6 prescription drugs found in his hotel room?

with our staff of getbig millionaire cagefighting PhDs, we should be able to figure out the cause of death that the medical examiner was unable to ascertain.

;D

the problem is that the same guys doesnt have the time needed, after all, they are all busy benching 650, and f*cking 18 year old girls!
!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
why don't you call your boys Jizznesse Jizznackson and Al Shizznarpton up on yo tizznelephone and protest nucka? ::)

??? ???

ok..you win..I am owned

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 08:21:13 AM »
the problem is that the same guys doesnt have the time needed, after all, they are all busy benching 650, and f*cking 18 year old girls!

it is their reptilian destiny to split fine assed hoes.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 08:21:41 AM »

??? ???

ok..you win..I am owned
of course i own you, i'm bigger than you, i'm stronger than you, i'm taller than you and i'm White, but all that aside why would this guy's coffin bother you so much?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:37 AM »
now your talking:

Only $420 plus shipping - worldwide. Click here to make your purchase.

http://www.kentcasket.com/

Our caskets are approved by the Green Burial Council. By purchasing a casket from us, you are supporting the work of the Green Burial Council since part of the purchase price goes to this non-profit organization.

Because they are made of solid pine wood and fully biodegradable, they are perfect for eco-friendly natural burials and cremations. They are also most suitable for Orthodox Jewish burials.

The wood used for these finely crafted caskets is sourced from sustainable forests; the forests are managed similar to the guidelines approved by the Forest Stewardship Council [Fair Trade ethos].

The caskets are sanded to a cabinet smooth finish, which brings out the natural colors of the wood. No plastic or metal is incorporated in the caskets during their production. They are free of any stains, varnishes and oils; no animal products are used. Functional rope handles are supplied.

Unlike the highly toxic glue used in chipboard caskets, our caskets are manufactured with biodegradable, non-toxic glue; this makes both burial and cremation more environmentally friendly.

For ease of storage, particularly for those planning their own funeral, the caskets are supplied in easy-to-assemble knock-down kit form; the components are shrink-wrapped in biodegradable plastic for damp proofing and placed in a strong corrugated cardboard box in order to withstand rough handling. The boxes are only 3 inches high and can be stacked 20 high without any risk of damage.

The casket kits are extremely easy to assemble and can be done in a matter of minutes. No woodworking or diy expertise or tools, other than a screwdriver, are required. Easy to follow pictorial assembly instructions are supplied with every casket and digital images showing the assembly process can also be viewed by clicking the "Assembly Information" link below.

THE INTERNAL SIZES OF THE STANDARD MODELS ARE:

Regular..........6' 0" x 22" x 12"

Large.............6' 4" x 24" x 14"

Extra large....6' 10" x 26" x 16"

We are pleased to announce that the "toe pincher" or "tombstone" style of casket is now available. These are shipped directly from our facility in England; we invite you to browse our UK website www.eco-coffins.com where you will find all the information you need and you can make your purchase there.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »
None aryans are always trying to keep the white guy down...
The Number 2 in Scranton

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
why isn't a $25 wooden box not good enough? seems like a total waste of money to me

Would you bury your parents in a $25 wooden box?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 08:26:13 AM »
None aryans are always trying to keep the white guy down...
you're a chink, right?

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 08:27:04 AM »
you're a chink, right?
hahha yes, but half aryan...the good half. I have tainted non-superiour blood ...
The Number 2 in Scranton

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »
of course i own you, i'm bigger than you, i'm stronger than you, i'm taller than you and i'm White, but all that aside why would this guy's coffin bother you so much?

yes, you are bigger than me..way bigger...just lifting our bodyweight makes you stronger than me..I am 5'10", you are 5'11"...you own me on height  as well ::)

I just think that the burial process in America is just too expensive..in particular in NY...when you buy a funeral plot you have to buy a "double"..which means that they are stacking them one on top of each other. They are digging the graves twice as deep and charging a fortune.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:44 AM »
Would you bury your parents in a $25 wooden box?

yes, if they agreed ahead of time, what does it matter?

also I would hope that my family spent as little as possible to bury me..spend the money on the living not the dead

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:43 AM »
yes, if they agreed ahead of time, what does it matter?

also I would hope that my family spent as little as possible to bury me..spend the money on the living not the dead

You could also blow yourself up and leave as little as possible behind

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »
Hollibaugh is a monster.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
You could also blow yourself up and leave as little as possible behind

hehe...ROFL..

I will take that into consideration  :-X

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »

Hahahahahahhaahaa111

wat.