Author Topic: I challenge everybody...now.  (Read 7549 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: I challenge everybody...now.
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »
what i find funny is that particular animals are only find on certain continents thus they couldnt make it to the ark, they would have to cross oceans etc..

LOL... people are so desperate for something more then themselves they will actually beleive childrens stories.

Magic Powers.... :o
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »
they all agree about 55 million year ago you are right about that.

i know it's easy to find.

nope won't cover the highest mountains
They will cover the highest mountain by 15 cubits ;D
and how did he fit the dinosaurs in there, and every animals in perfect harmony, all the insects...... lolllll

Insects (Class Insecta) are a major group of arthropods and the most diverse group of animals on the Earth, with over a million described species—more than half of all known living organisms with published estimates of undescribed species as high as 30 million, thus potentially representing over 90% of the life forms on the planet. Insects may be found in nearly all environments on the planet, although only a small number of species occur in the oceans where crustaceans tend to predominate instead. There are approximately 5,000 dragonfly species, 2,000 praying mantis, 20,000 grasshopper, 170,000 butterfly and moth, 120,000 fly, 82,000 true bug, 360,000 beetle, and 110,000 bee, wasp and ant species described to date. Estimates of the total number of current species, including those not yet known to science, range from two million to fifty million, with newer studies favouring a lower figure of about six to ten million.

The study of insects (from Latin insectus, meaning "cut into sections") is called entomology, from the Greek εντομος, also meaning "cut into sections"

Insects were among the earliest terrestrial herbivores and they acted as major selection agents on plants. Plants evolved chemical defenses against this herbivory and the insects in turn evolved mechanisms to deal with plant toxins. Many insects make use of these toxins to protect themselves from their predators. And such insects advertise their toxicity using warning colours. This successful evolutionary pattern has also been utilized by mimics. Over time, this has led to complex groups of co-evolved species. Conversely, some interactions between plants and insects are beneficial (see pollination), and coevolution has led to the development of very specific mutualisms in such systems

wow, noah was good  8)

We've been through this, but here goes....The length of the ark is 450 feet, the width is 75, the height is 45 feet, thats a whopping 1.5 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective 40 thousand baby elephants can fit comfortably. Those are big numbers your using for species, I agree, but your numbers will reduce themselves significantly. Out of the the 869 000 species you motioned only 16 of them were on the ark. The Bible made it perfectly clear "of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind" which means to dogs, to cows, to horses, not 50 different types of dogs. This isn't contradictory because I do believe dogs variating or as you would say micro-e. Another thing to remember is that he isn't going to bring in a 10 000 pound elephant, he will bring a baby. As for the dinosaurs they died in the flood and were buried in your fake geologic column. Perhaps a few dinosaurs would have been in the ark, but not hostel ones. And your right Noah was good, thats why God spared him.

MMC78

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »
You still haven't addressed my point about leap years or fission.  More importantly you haven't acknowledged that carbon dating isn't used for any living organism older than 50,000 years. 

Please address these pertinent scientific fundamentals regarding the age of the earth before attempting to argue evolution.

I apologize for my occasional hyperbolic statements, but I feel it is my duty as a good human being to try to teach you some principles about astronomy and some basic chemistry/physics.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »
You still haven't addressed my point about leap years or fission.  More importantly you haven't acknowledged that carbon dating isn't used for any living organism older than 50,000 years. 

Please address these pertinent scientific fundamentals regarding the age of the earth before attempting to argue evolution.

I apologize for my occasional hyperbolic statements, but I feel it is my duty as a good human being to try to teach you some principles about astronomy and some basic chemistry/physics.
I will discuss leap year tomarrow, I am going to sleep, and yes I agree with there being a limit to carbon-dating to 50 000 years, but If this is so then all dinosaurs being dating should show a max-out number of 50 000, but this isn't the case. Some have showed 30 000, some have shown 40 000. I am an easy target because I dropped out of university and am left with no degree, but there are people that believe what I believe in that have a degree. I don't know if yo are joking about an apology, but If you aren't , no hard feelings :)

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
lollll, are you talking about the real thing or a story?

Imagining the world without ice caps

As long as we understand that the polar ice caps are not going to melt in the foreseeable future, we can proceed to imagine what the world would be like if they did melt.

Using the ice volume to estimate the effect on sea level were all this ice melted. Melting the 29,300,000 km3 of grounded ice would produce 26,100,000 km3 of water. Note that melting of floating ice has no effect on sea level. Also, about 2,100,000 km3 of the grounded ice in Antarctica is below sea level and would be replaced by water. Thus, the net addition to the world's oceans would be about 24,000,000 km3 of water spread over the 361,000,000 km2 area of the world's oceans, giving a depth of 67 meters. The new ocean area would be slightly larger, of course, since some areas now land would be covered with water. The final result would be around 66 meters (current estimates range between 63 and 75 meters).

Obviously some areas are affected more than others. Some larger areas now underwater are the southeastern United States, part of the Amazon River basin, northern Europe, Bangladesh, parts of Siberia along the Arctic Ocean, and portions of mainland China. A large area in Australia would be below sea level, but it is not joined to the ocean and could remain dry.

Both Greenland and Antarctica, free of ice, have areas that would be below sea level. However, with the weight of this ice removed, Greenland and Antarctica would rise higher--this phenomena is called isostatic rebound. This rebound lags behind the removal of the ice (by thousands of years). Eventually, most of Greenland would probably be above sea level. However, significant portions of Antarctica would remain underwater.

or:

Antarctica is covered with ice an average of 2,133 meters (7,000 feet) thick. If all of the Antarctic ice melted, sea levels around the world would rise about 61 meters (200 feet). But the average temperature in Antarctica is -37°C, so the ice there is in no danger of melting. In fact in most parts of the continent it never gets above freezing.

At the other end of the world, the North Pole, the ice is not nearly as thick as at the South Pole. The ice floats on the Arctic Ocean. If it melted sea levels would not be affected.

There is a significant amount of ice covering Greenland, which would add another 7 meters (20 feet) to the oceans if it melted. Because Greenland is closer to the equator than Antarctica, the temperatures there are higher, so the ice is more likely to melt.

What would the Earth look like as a result? If sea level were 66 meters higher than today, the result would be as illustrated below:

are you delusional?

MMC78

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2008, 10:54:36 PM »
I will discuss leap year tomarrow, I am going to sleep, and yes I agree with there being a limit to carbon-dating to 50 000 years, but If this is so then all dinosaurs being dating should show a max-out number of 50 000, but this isn't the case. Some have showed 30 000, some have shown 40 000. I am an easy target because I dropped out of university and am left with no degree, but there are people that believe what I believe in that have a degree. I don't know if yo are joking about an apology, but If you aren't , no hard feelings :)

I always preferred Aristotle's view on what an educated person is.  It's someone that has sufficient knowledge of a subject that he can be intelligently critical about that field.  A person that is able to intelligently criticize what an expert in a subject says is an educated person.

I am perhaps overly educated in terms of degrees, publications, patents etc, but I prefer Aristotle's definition because it places a measurable utility on "education" rather than a diploma.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »
I always preferred Aristotle's view on what an educated person is.  It's someone that has sufficient knowledge of a subject that he can be intelligently critical about that field.  A person that is able to intelligently criticize what an expert in a subject says is an educated person.

I am perhaps overly educated in terms of degrees, publications, patents etc, but I prefer Aristotle's definition because it places a measurable utility on "education" rather than a diploma.
very well put, many college students today see college as a means to an end for money making purposes. also professors well at least a lot of the professors ive had tend to conform to a "matter of fact" and "this is the way it is" school of teaching instead of encouraging students to continue to seek and futher understand the concepts and what is behind them.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
We've been through this, but here goes....The length of the ark is 450 feet, the width is 75, the height is 45 feet, thats a whopping 1.5 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective 40 thousand baby elephants can fit comfortably. Those are big numbers your using for species, I agree, but your numbers will reduce themselves significantly. Out of the the 869 000 species you motioned only 16 of them were on the ark. The Bible made it perfectly clear "of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind" which means to dogs, to cows, to horses, not 50 different types of dogs. This isn't contradictory because I do believe dogs variating or as you would say micro-e. Another thing to remember is that he isn't going to bring in a 10 000 pound elephant, he will bring a baby. As for the dinosaurs they died in the flood and were buried in your fake geologic column. Perhaps a few dinosaurs would have been in the ark, but not hostel ones. And your right Noah was good, thats why God spared him.

i said Noah doesn't count: this is not evidences, just fairytales that fits you!

you said we can't use: For example- 65 million years, 4.6 billion years, this creature is prehistoric, millions and millions of years ago.
If we can't use this, you can't use Noah!

so what is your answer? .......... none! why? cause you can't explain it, it doesn't make sens right, it's like if i ask you why you don't believe in the unicorn? you'll probably say it's a fairytale right.
and you want us to believe in something like that. pleeeeeeeeeeeease
are you delusional?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2008, 04:37:30 PM »

what degrees do you hold? serious question, im just curious

we need more educated folk on here. ;D

MMC78

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »
what degrees do you hold? serious question, im just curious

we need more educated folk on here. ;D

Nothing terribly special.  Was a PhD student in computer science at a very good school.  I'm on leave now and probably won't return as a PhD in CS isn't really needed unless you want to become a professor.  Published in some good conferences/journals and a couple patents.

I've always been a fan and avid reader of the natural sciences and if I had to do it over again, I'd study physics or astronomy.  I get more enjoyment learning about new subjects outside of my job, precisely because it's not my job.

MMC78

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2008, 12:34:44 PM »
No reply about leap years and why they indicate a slowing earth?

I found a decent page about it so that I don't have to re-iterate the main point:
http://www.rense.com/general38/earth.htm