Author Topic: Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?  (Read 7606 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »
My hope is that death is what I imagine it to be, which is nonexistence.  I also feel that I am ready to die now.  Life is a genetic and geographical lottery that it's safe to say everyone reading this has won.

The cool thing about death: IF there is something more to existence, to consciousness, and IF any kind of "afterlife" exists, death will probably be the way to it. IF nothing happens, dying won't involve anything bad because you're dead, so you can't percieve it as previously stated.

Thus, death MIGHT be a no-loss game 8)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 10:01:01 PM »
The cool thing about death: IF there is something more to existence, to consciousness, and IF any kind of "afterlife" exists, death will probably be the way to it. IF nothing happens, dying won't involve anything bad because you're dead, so you can't percieve it as previously stated.

Thus, death MIGHT be a no-loss game 8)

Have you considered that you might come back as an insect or worse still as part of Team Nasser?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »
Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?

Only if you take Anabolics steroids you should.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 03:33:31 AM »
Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?

Only if you take Anabolics steroids you should.

Why?

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 03:48:30 AM »
I fearlessly look forward to death simply because the alternative, eternal life, is much more horrifying. Seriously. Think about the implications of living forever, and then tell me it would be great.

As for people fearing death itself or the act of dying: it's both. So many terminally-ill people choose suffering over death that apparently pain is not their main motivator. Anyone in their situation can save up a handful of pills and kill themselves painlessly -- but the vast majority doesn't. So pain is apparently preferable to fear of the unknown.

On the other hand: some people can decide that, since death is inevitable, they are going with dignity and without regrets. My mother did just that.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 03:52:33 AM »
I fearlessly look forward to death simply because the alternative, eternal life, is much more horrifying. Seriously. Think about the implications of living forever, and then tell me it would be great.

Exactly! Eternal life would mean that time has no value from an economical statement, because value comes when there is a finite supply of something that's in demand.

On the other hand: some people can decide that, since death is inevitable, they are going with dignity and without regrets. My mother did just that.

Good stuff. Coming to terms with the fact that you = going to die, and not fearing it (but actually looking forward to it) = life is much better.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 03:59:43 AM »
There is this little thing in my mind that at times (and I think about death and all that a lot since it interests me imensly) is worried, I wouldn't call it fear but I'm worried that the Church was right and that by not being a commited christian I will end up in Hell.
Now logicly I see that there would be no reason to have a hell since there are so many people out there that are simply not Christians... and what about all the people that have been born before Christianity?
But still there is this little thing that worries me...and simply because I think ANYTHING is possible.
I am however more concerend about the aspect that my wife will die before me, or other loved once, my family has been "blessed" so far and since my Grandad died nobody really died that was close to me.
So yes I am worried that my wife would die young but these feelings are totaly egoistic as in I'm not worried for her I'm worried that I will miss her so much.
There are simply feeling a human can have that are so painful that you want to take your own life and I have been very blessed not having to experience these feelings a lot.
In general If I look at all the missery hurt and shit that is going down on a daily basis around the globe... I'm incredible lucky and blessed.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 04:01:12 AM »
No need to fear it, since it's going to happen anyway.
It's more the cause of death that scares me, I bet a stoning or beheading wouldn't be very enjoyable.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 04:02:56 AM »
Think about it, we're all just "little flashes of consciousness" in an infinite small portion of time in the grand scheme of things.

And most of us are fucking fortunate like Stark points out.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 04:04:47 AM »
It's more the cause of death that scares me, I bet a stoning or beheading wouldn't be very enjoyable.

After seeing a couple of Stonings on Movie I would happily choose beheadings... it's a lot faster.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 04:07:43 AM »
After seeing a couple of Stonings on Movie I would happily choose beheadings... it's a lot faster.

Did you see that beheading video where the beheaded vomitted while getting it done? Good stuff.
But yes, stonings probably rank among the most long & painful deaths.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 04:08:01 AM »

Just shoot up on drugs and painkillers to get a painless and amazing high. Then take a quick acting poison.

=

No pain + going off with a blast. ;D

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 04:37:51 AM »
Agreed,If forced by a terminal illness that is painfull im filling a syrynge to the top of insulin and go peacefully.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 04:43:41 AM »
There is this little thing in my mind that at times (and I think about death and all that a lot since it interests me imensly) is worried, I wouldn't call it fear but I'm worried that the Church was right and that by not being a commited christian I will end up in Hell.
Now logicly I see that there would be no reason to have a hell since there are so many people out there that are simply not Christians... and what about all the people that have been born before Christianity?
But still there is this little thing that worries me...and simply because I think ANYTHING is possible.
I am however more concerend about the aspect that my wife will die before me, or other loved once, my family has been "blessed" so far and since my Grandad died nobody really died that was close to me.
So yes I am worried that my wife would die young but these feelings are totaly egoistic as in I'm not worried for her I'm worried that I will miss her so much.
There are simply feeling a human can have that are so painful that you want to take your own life and I have been very blessed not having to experience these feelings a lot.
In general If I look at all the missery hurt and shit that is going down on a daily basis around the globe... I'm incredible lucky and blessed.

u worry too much my friend. life live with no regrets. cherish every moment with whoever ur scared of losing and remember that humans are widely similar. there will be another woman in ur life. there will be another person u look upto, or consider a brother. very few things in this life end for good, and if they do, there's usually always alternatives that are just as satisfying. holding a candle for one specific thing that u can never have again will lead to many negative feelings that diminishes the time u spend on this earth.

wylllis100

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 05:54:33 AM »
I truely believe that there is nothing after you die.  That in itself is logical, although no one actually knows and that is what religion is founded upon.  I think that the reason that people fear death is a rational one that is purely instinctive.....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 05:56:58 AM »
u worry too much my friend. life live with no regrets. cherish every moment with whoever ur scared of losing and remember that humans are widely similar. there will be another woman in ur life. there will be another person u look upto, or consider a brother. very few things in this life end for good, and if they do, there's usually always alternatives that are just as satisfying. holding a candle for one specific thing that u can never have again will lead to many negative feelings that diminishes the time u spend on this earth.

oh I'm not a worrier at all, quite the opposite but when I start thinking about death (and as I have stated before, it interests me) than I get a little worried, Its simply the worries you have about something that is unknown to you but about to happen.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 06:16:51 AM »
The people around me look forward to my death with peace and optimism :-\

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 06:32:37 AM »
question for the lawyers out there!!!

is there a way to not have your loves ones legally obligated to pay off your debt when you die but still be able to leave them an insurance policy?

Haha!  You subscribe to "The one who dies with the most debt wins" school of thought, eh?

Some people set up trusts as a way to beat the inheritance tax, among other reasons.  Not sure if you can nominate a trust as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy tho and I don't know about it's indemnity when it comes to your personal debt.  An accountant would be the one to speak to on these things Steele.  This Heath Ledger thing really has you rattled huh?  ;)

Zorba said it best: "I'm sad to die and leave behind so many fine wenches.  Men like me should live for a thousand years."

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 06:54:36 AM »
I do not fear death because I do not believe that the concept of nothing has any validity.  Applying this concept to anything I can think of, including death, I cannot for the life of me see how nothing is anything more than an idea created by man. 

One day I will find some elf spice to see how far the rabbit hole goes. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 06:58:43 AM »
I do not fear death because I do not believe that the concept of nothing has any validity.  Applying this concept to anything I can think of, including death, I cannot for the life of me see how nothing is anything more than an idea created by man. 

One day I will find some elf spice to see how far the rabbit hole goes. 

Look no further than DMT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

Shit is amazing, Joe Rogan took it a couple of times and swears by it, it's been mostly produced by the Body while sleeping and while dying, trip takes not longer than 10 - 15 min you need to ly down since it is pretty much like sleeping for 10 min with the most extreme dreams.
You can get DMT from.... *gasp* Grass.  :o

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 07:18:33 AM »
Look no further than DMT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

Shit is amazing, Joe Rogan took it a couple of times and swears by it, it's been mostly produced by the Body while sleeping and while dying, trip takes not longer than 10 - 15 min you need to ly down since it is pretty much like sleeping for 10 min with the most extreme dreams.
You can get DMT from.... *gasp* Grass.  :o

Elfspice is another name for DMT.

Edit: And no offense, but that is a pretty poor summary of what happens.  I say that to make it clear to you that DMT is no trivial thing - and to perhaps do a bit more research if you are going to do it.  If you don't respect substances like DMT you will get yourself in quite a bit of trouble.   

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 07:43:45 AM »
I take comfort in knowing i was not alive before i was born.

Stavios

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 07:45:56 AM »
you guys think too much  ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
Elfspice is another name for DMT.

Edit: And no offense, but that is a pretty poor summary of what happens.  I say that to make it clear to you that DMT is no trivial thing - and to perhaps do a bit more research if you are going to do it.  If you don't respect substances like DMT you will get yourself in quite a bit of trouble.   

rocket rocket rocker ::)

Where did I say that I want to try this? All I heard was you saying you want to know how far the rabbit hole goes and the closest thing I heard of is DMt.

Sorry for not beeing a expert in drugs and DMT in general, also I'm extremly sorry for not doing at least an hour of research before posting general information of DMT  ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 07:51:39 AM »
If it involves unimaginable pain, yes.

If you can die by a painless deadly poison while being loaded up on heroine or something, you can truly go off with a blast
 8)
You rang?