Author Topic: Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?  (Read 7639 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?
« on: January 29, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »
This = not a post about being suicidal. This post is for people living a good life with a solid personality.

Do you look forward to dying or are you afraid of it?`

If you are afraid of it, why? Is there a REAL rational reason for being afraid?

Can you think of reasons to look forward to your death with a sense of peace and optimism?

Debussey thinks looking forward to your death with peace and optimism, and almost a kind of excitement, all while living a great life on earth and being responsible = the way to go. It also makes the most logical sense.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Do you look forward to your death with peace and optimism?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Fuck death, death can't stop me. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »
every day my friend, every day
Here comes the money shot

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »
Think about it, if you reprogram your mind to look forward to death with peace and optimism, almost with a feeling of exitement, you are living life much better, and you certainly does not break any logical rules.

And the reasons for looking forward to death with peace, optimism and exitement are many.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »
Think about it, if you reprogram your mind to look forward to death with peace and optimism, almost with a feeling of exitement, you are living life much better, and you certainly does not break any logical rules.

And the reasons for looking forward to death with peace, optimism and exitement are many.

death is the natural progression of life, you can't stop it..so why worry?

basically after you die, within a week your friends will stop talking about you...it will be like your never existed.

if you are lucky your wife will visit twice before she gets married again

and honestly, how many people visit graves these days?  ::)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »

basically after you die, within a week your friends will stop talking about you...it will be like your never existed.

Good points.

This discussion is more about the inner experience of awaiting death though.

Humans = genetically programmed to fear it, but it is possible to override this fear of death by rational thinking and by reprogramming ones identity through various means.

Almost nobody does this, and fucks up huge parts of their emotional well being through life because they have tons of fears which partially is a result of their fear of death.

It's just so silly.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 09:15:06 PM »

WTF are you talking about? She's coming with me. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »
Good points.

Humans = genetically programmed to fear it, but it is possible to override this fear of death by rational thinking and by reprogramming ones identity through various means.

Almost nobody does this, and fucks up huge parts of their emotional well being through life because they have tons of fears which partially is a result of their fear of death.

It's just so silly.

question for the lawyers out there!!!

is there a way to not have your loves ones legally obligated to pay off your debt when you die but still be able to leave them an insurance policy?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »
Good points.

It's just so silly.
Debussey, most people don't fear death, they fear the cause of death.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
Debussey, most people don't fear death, they fear the cause of death.

Debussey does not agree. Most people fear the simple act of dying, the end of life, even if it's completely painless, and this fear is a lot of the reason for many other fears as well.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
Can you think of reasons to look forward to your death with a sense of peace and optimism?

acting out ur life in a way that sees u not regretting ur actions.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »
acting out ur life in a way that sees u not regretting ur actions.

Great point! Regretting = almost always worse than trying (given that you = not risking your life or doing harm to others).

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
Debussey does not agree. Most people fear the simple act of dying, the end of life, even if it's completely painless, and this fear is a lot of the reason for many other fears as well.

Then let me rephrase......Chaos does not fear death, the cause of death though.......that can be scary.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
Great point! Regretting = almost always worse than trying (given that you = not risking your life or doing harm to others).

people often fear death because they haven't accomplished enough in their life, e.g 'he/she was so young.' if u live ur life the way u want to, deep down, to make urself the happiest in the present time and in the long run (for however long u live), u will likely die happy and at peace.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »
people often fear death because they haven't accomplished enough in their life, e.g 'he/she was so young.' if u live ur life the way u want to, deep down, to make urself the happiest in the present time and in the long run (for however long u live), u will likely die happy and at peace.
My brothers friend just died on his bike, lost control, hit a curb and then a tree.  He was 23.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:05 PM »

They have done research on this, and a few percent of people dying have truly lived the life they wanted, and a vast majority of them dies happy and at peace.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:36 PM »
Then let me rephrase......Chaos does not fear death, the cause of death though.......that can be scary.

If it involves unimaginable pain, yes.

If you can die by a painless deadly poison while being loaded up on heroine or something, you can truly go off with a blast
 8)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 09:38:12 PM »
If it involves unimaginable pain, yes.

If you can die by a painless deadly poison while being loaded up on heroine or something, you can truly go off with a blast
 8)
See, that's what people fear, the unknown manner in which they will die. I mean, who wants to go through a 2 year battle with cancer and die anyways, or like you said painlessly through drugs and "deadly poison"....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:21 PM »
They have done research on this, and a few percent of people dying have truly lived the life they wanted, and a vast majority of them dies happy and at peace.

i imagine it's near impossible to tell from an outside perspective who dies at peace and who lives their life the way they want to. only you know that for sure. people will often say their friends died at peace to make it easier for themselves to cope with the loss. to somehow justify that it was 'god's way' and they were 'at peace with god' or whatever it is. i doubt the majority are truly at peace with themselves when they die, as most people aren't ready to die.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
i don't care if there is no life after death,

but not seeing what my son is going to achieved in his life, seeing him grow, falling in love, missing all this and all the good things in life, that is scary.
are you delusional?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:44 PM »
See, that's what people fear, the unknown manner in which they will die. I mean, who wants to go through a 2 year battle with cancer and die anyways, or like you said painlessly through drugs and "deadly poison"....

You and Debussey still disagrees. People have a fear of death along with the fear of the dying process.

Think about it, almost every fear is related to the fear of death deep down.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »
i don't care if there is no life after death,

but not seeing what my son is going to achieved in his life, seeing him grow, falling in love, missing all this and all the good things in life, that is scary.

That's understandable.

Food for thought: IF you simply seize to exist after death (something nobody can confirm), you won't miss any of those things because you = terminated, thus you can not percieve the loss and get the emotional response out if it because "you" simply don't exist.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »
My hope is that death is what I imagine it to be, which is nonexistence.  I also feel that I am ready to die now.  Life is a genetic and geographical lottery that it's safe to say everyone reading this has won.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
You and Debussey still disagrees. People have a fear of death along with the fear of the dying process.

Think about it, almost every fear is related to the fear of death deep down.
Maybe some do fear death, I do not. How I die scares me, I have visions of a violent and bloody death in store for me......

And most every fear involves some possibility of a painful death...

Example, heights...falling would mean an impact...painful

another one...spiders....being bitten could be poisonous...painful

Peoples fear revolves around pain...nobody wants to die a painful death.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:12 PM »
That's understandable.

Food for thought: IF you simply seize to exist after death (something nobody can confirm), you won't miss any of those things because you = terminated, thus you can not percieve the loss and get the emotional response out if it because "you" simply don't exist.

true, i agree.

but i hope he will miss me as much as i would like to enjoy life a little more with him
are you delusional?