Author Topic: Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case  (Read 7245 times)

Stavios

Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:52:14 AM »
"I don't have much time to post on boards but obviously there is an outrageous attack on my reputation here.

I am filing suit against "Mike Brick" and the NY Times for slander and false information.

I have an idea where this came from. Somebody is trying to clear their name. It is NOT going to work.

Do not believe this article. Trust me, I would never sell anyone fake gear!
I have ALL the evidence needed. I have not "rolled" on seven bodybuilders, ESPECIALLY David Jacobs.
I will be posting the facts. I have all the documentation of the true facts. I even have the recorded video evidence.

I am fighting a huge battle indeed. Trust me, it is not about fake gear at all.
FYI, an informant does not give you (or mail you) your original REAL gear/powder etc... They confiscate the REAL product and give you fake stuff. It looks good at first glance, then they bust you seconds later.

I am truly AMAZED that a NY Times Reporter could print such false accusations.

I will be posting more. Give me a couple days to produce the evidence.

I appreciate all my friends who know the real story and truth behind this all. Thank you so much for your support!"

joelocal

Re: Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:56:25 AM »

Do not believe this article. Trust me, I would never sell anyone fake gear!

So does this mean he's going to admit to selling real gear?

Good move Art ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »
i've never seen such a big deal being made over such minor, unimportant bullshit.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:00:43 AM »
ha, he's suing the NY Times?  now i KNOW he's on drugs   LOL

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:02:03 AM »
So does this mean he's going to admit to selling real gear?

Good move Art ::)

maybe it's important to keep his reputation as a stand up guy

if you sell gear you are not an asshole, that's not important at all I don'T even consider it a crime.

if you sell fake gear you are a total asshole who should get his ass fucked in prison

true story

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
i've never seen such a big deal being made over such minor, unimportant bullshit.

I don't know Squad.  He had an article in the NY times.  That's freakin huge.  That is one of the most heavily read pieces of news in N. America.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »

I don't know Squad.  He had an article in the NY times.  That's freakin huge.  That is one of the most heavily read pieces of news in N. America.
what i mean is that it's a joke that this bullshit is even in the news to begin with, we've got a war going on where were losing an average of 2-3 soldiers a day for 5 years with a trillion dollars wasted so far, thousands of illegal aliena sneaking across our borders every day unimpeded, a major US city still in ruins from a hurricane 2 and a half years ago and a "government" that steals 33 percent of your hard earned income to spend needlessly and this stupid shit is in the papers everyday, gimme a fucckin' break. ::)

Stavios

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:27:20 AM »
what i mean is that it's a joke that this bullshit is even in the news to begin with, we've got a war going on where were losing an average of 2-3 soldiers a day for 5 years with a trillion dollars wasted so far, thousands of illegal aliena sneaking across our borders every day unimpeded, a major US city still in ruins from a hurricane 2 and a half years ago and a "government" that steals 33 percent of your hard earned income to spend needlessly and this stupid shit is in the papers everyday, gimme a fucckin' break. ::)

that's the truth right here

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »
It's all about his integrity now.. I wouldn't want to be put in a bad light selling fake shit either.  Maybe it's a ploy to get him to confess to selling this shit?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
that's the truth right here
people in this country need to wake up, open their eyes and look at the things that are really going on around them, our country is being stolen from us by a government that takes a third of our income to redistribute to negroes, spics and other subhuman garbage to waste or to give to a military to continue killing people in other countries for oil interests and all you hear anymore is about how (insert name here) is taking steroids, who gives a shit?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:31:23 AM »

I am in shock that this story made the NY times.  WTF?

joelocal

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:37:50 AM »
maybe it's important to keep his reputation as a stand up guy

if you sell gear you are not an asshole, that's not important at all I don'T even consider it a crime.

if you sell fake gear you are a total asshole who should get his ass fucked in prison

true story

Sounds like he was trying to make a case that he wasn't selling fake gear.......not that he wasn't selling gear in general.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 09:43:34 AM »
Wow I hope Art isn't that stupid to post on boards while all this is going on, his freedom is the most important, fuck being a rat!

TEAM Nasser

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:49:46 AM »
This guy is a complete moron.  He seems to be admitting that he was selling gear, but that the cops switched the gear on him so that the gear he delivered from his Hummer was fake.  My God what an idiot.  Is he mildly retarded?

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »
ha, he's suing the NY Times?  now i KNOW he's on drugs   LOL
why? he is a pro bodybuilder that lives in an apartment , I am sure he can afford a high powered lawyer!

Cut260

• Getbig II
  • All I have in this world are my balls and my word
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »

Wow.  Someone here actually has taken the time to see the big picture and see things for what they really are.  Good post. I am honestly impressed.

Dont believe everything you hear especially what you read in the papers.  That NY Times reporter was WAY off base and posted a lot of straight up lies and untruths.  Its because of people like him people started yelling rat and informant when the actuality behind things is that bodybuilding, bodybuilders and a lot of friends have been protected at great personal cost.

I am tired of hearing all these so called experts saying this stuff.  There is no backing or proof to these allegations.  No one after all these months can even produce a name of a supposed victim from this, yet people keep talking and talking.. Usually straight out of their ass.

The indictments and charges are a matter of public record.  Look it up yourself and you will see that you all have been misled by haters and people who want something to talk about.  People want you to think that someone is out to get you or ruin bodybuilding and that is simply not the case.  People will believe what they want - no one can do anything about that but I sleep good at night because I know what I have done and more importantly what I have not done.

I just hope people learn from what has happened and dont make the same mistakes.  One second you think you are helping people better themselves and not doing anything wrong because it was only steroids.  The next second you are living a nightmare and people spread rumors about you and turn their backs on you.  Its very hard and trying so I hope people will be safe and not go down the same path I did.  It was not worth it.  Trust me.

Be safe.

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »

Say what you want about Squadfather but this post shows he's a pretty smart guy seeing things for what they really are.  More than can be said for 99% of the sheeple out there.

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »
Wow.  Someone here actually has taken the time to see the big picture and see things for what they really are.  Good post. I am honestly impressed.

.... We all think that way

I don't know what board you were reading

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 01:07:13 PM »

lol  That would be great!

Well then you get to add your name to the list of intelligent people who get it.

Take care!

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
lol  That would be great!

Well then you get to add your name to the list of intelligent people who get it.

Take care!

Cut260, that sounds familiar. Were you once Branch Warren's training partner?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »

Mayhem.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »
Cut260, that sounds familiar. Were you once Branch Warren's training partner?

Thats me bro.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:22 PM »
Thats me bro.

Can you give the scoop here to the getbiggers on what exactly went down in your case, or is that held up in proceedings that can't be delved into at the moment?

Stavios

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »
Can you give the scoop here to the getbiggers on what exactly went down in your case, or is that held up in proceedings that can't be delved into at the moment?

I don't think it would be smart for him to talk about that online

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 01:54:10 PM »

Dont believe everything you hear especially what you read in the papers.  That NY Times reporter was WAY off base and posted a lot of straight up lies and untruths.  Its because of people like him people started yelling rat and informant when the actuality behind things is that bodybuilding, bodybuilders and a lot of friends have been protected at great personal cost.

I am tired of hearing all these so called experts saying this stuff.  There is no backing or proof to these allegations.  No one after all these months can even produce a name of a supposed victim from this, yet people keep talking and talking.. Usually straight out of their ass.

The indictments and charges are a matter of public record.  Look it up yourself and you will see that you all have been misled by haters and people who want something to talk about.  People want you to think that someone is out to get you or ruin bodybuilding and that is simply not the case.  People will believe what they want - no one can do anything about that but I sleep good at night because I know what I have done and more importantly what I have not done.

I just hope people learn from what has happened and dont make the same mistakes.  One second you think you are helping people better themselves and not doing anything wrong because it was only steroids.  The next second you are living a nightmare and people spread rumors about you and turn their backs on you.  Its very hard and trying so I hope people will be safe and not go down the same path I did.  It was not worth it.  Trust me.

Be safe.

I have no idea how your situation became what it is.  No doubt you don't want to speak about it now so I will wait and learn more once it becomes public record.  I just hope you found a good lawyer.

There was a case of an oil trafficker in my city.  I was 12 years old and I even knew what he did.  The narcs put man hours on him for years and finally followed him all the way to Jamaica where he purchased two drums of oil, 300 pounds in each.  They followed him back to the city and busted him immediately and somehow lost one of the drums (since the trafficker stashed one somewhere else before they could get the warrant or something like that).  The deal he got was 20 years in jail (he would have served 1/6) which was the maximum penalty he could possibly have gotten for importation of that quantity.  Instead he gave up a drum (worth one million street value) to get his sentence reduced to 10 years (he served 1/6 = 20 months).  He basically lost everything, just because he was scared.  They took away his home, car, and lots of other things.  He got scared when he shouldn't have, copped a plea which really wasn't in his favour, and lost it all.

Some of the details in that story may be wrong, since I have heard multiple things from multiple people, but the moral of my story is that a good lawyer is very important.
Bodybuilding Pro.com