Author Topic: Made in China....  (Read 565 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Made in China....
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
I was in Mexico for the last few days and i went there with a huge group for a business related purposes.   I had  about a dozen boxes of meeting materials UPS-ed down there along with some of my poker chips......which were made in China.   We declared everything except the chips and as a result the whole shipment was held in customs and we never got it.

Supposedly, Goods made in China cannot be brought into Mexico unless they are sold from America first. 

Is this part of NAFTA? 

Is this to protect our economic interests in Mexico? 

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Made in China....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »
I was in Mexico for the last few days and i went there with a huge group for a business related purposes.   I had  about a dozen boxes of meeting materials UPS-ed down there along with some of my poker chips......which were made in China.   We declared everything except the chips and as a result the whole shipment was held in customs and we never got it.

Supposedly, Goods made in China cannot be brought into Mexico unless they are sold from America first. 

Is this part of NAFTA? 

Is this to protect our economic interests in Mexico? 
Poker chips! wow are you into that business? i sold thousands of them, buying the 500 pcs abs set for us$12 fob, and selling it for us$99 lol, it was a huge boom 2 years ago here!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:53:32 AM »
Poker chips! wow are you into that business? i sold thousands of them, buying the 500 pcs abs set for us$12 fob, and selling it for us$99 lol, it was a huge boom 2 years ago here!

lol, nice deal on those chips benz.  But i'm not in that business.  The poker chips were for the "traveling" home game.   ;D

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »
lol, nice deal on those chips benz.  But i'm not in that business.  The poker chips were for the "traveling" home game.   ;D
OH hahah such good memories, great deal though and good to play with friends :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:25:51 AM »
Good thing they weren't dumplings. The Japanese are finding out the hard way.  :-X
w