Author Topic: More Signing Statements from King George  (Read 527 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
More Signing Statements from King George
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »
If only Bush would have an affair then the news MEDIA would have to something interesting to tell the American People

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-statement1feb01,1,5906660.story

In the case of Monday's statement, Bush put his signature on the 2008 authorization bill that sets policy for the Department of Defense even as he expressed concerns with four provisions. Those measures would: prohibit the administration from establishing permanent bases in Iraq or controlling Iraqi oil resources, establish a congressional commission to review military contracts in Iraq, protect contractor whistle-blowers, and put a 45-day deadline on U.S. intelligence agencies to respond to information requests from Congress' committees on intelligence and armed services.

"We don't quite know what the administration intends with this sort of language," said Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.), who sponsored the provision on the contracting commission. "But I want all my colleagues to be aware of it and to be aware that it potentially is an impingement on the rights of this legislative body -- in effect saying that the president has the authority to ignore a law that is now passed, a law that he has now signed."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: More Signing Statements from King George
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
This is after 5 years, I wonder what he's up to now?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
I see a tyranny trend in that graph ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »
Well i got my .5 percent raise back.  ;D
L