Author Topic: In dire need of frontcourt help, Lakers acquire Gasol from Grizzlies  (Read 5331 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: In dire need of frontcourt help, Lakers acquire Gasol from Grizzlies
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »
Not sure I agree.  He probably won't be as dominant as he was before the injury, but if he can play 18 to 20 minutes he'll be a huge help. 
Beach bum I'm just a bit of a hater when it comes to bynum, its the Shaq fan in me, But B.S aside and i love talking ball with someone with sense, your right, come playoff time he will be a huge help, just needs conditioning and his good to go....

For some reason im attached to Snack O'neal, when he was drafted to Orlando i became a huge fan and followed him since, never watched his crap movies or listen to his music but something bout him that made me stick (NO HOMO)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
Beach bum I'm just a bit of a hater when it comes to bynum, its the Shaq fan in me, But B.S aside and i love talking ball with someone with sense, your right, come playoff time he will be a huge help, just needs conditioning and his good to go....

For some reason im attached to Snack O'neal, when he was drafted to Orlando i became a huge fan and followed him since, never watched his crap movies or listen to his music but something bout him that made me stick (NO HOMO)

I feel the same way about Kobe.  In a heterosexual, rabid sports fan kinda way.  :D 

Snack was a beast in his prime.  Most dominant big man of the past 10 years or so.  I liked him when he was in L.A., but was never a fan of his work ethic, lack of defense, inability to get along with Kobe, etc.  Those two dummies had at least 2 or 3 more championships in them if they could have kept it together and both worked hard with the Lakers. 

I almost feel sorry for him watching him play for the Suns now.  He is really struggling to get up and down the floor consistently.  Scored 2 points in a blowout win against lowly Memphis yesterday.         

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »
I think the Lakers are the favorite at this point. 

No, sir.

The Spurs are still the favorite until someone takes the Western title from them. 

The Lakers will need that #1 seed more than SA does. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »
No, sir.

The Spurs are still the favorite until someone takes the Western title from them. 

The Lakers will need that #1 seed more than SA does. 

Yeah the champs are still the champs till they are dethroned and all that, but the team that is playing the best basketball, has the most talent, and the best record should the favorite (at least on paper).  The Spurs just dropped to third in the West by a hair (essentially tied with Houston).  Whichever team has home court throughout the Conference playoffs will probably be the favorite. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 10:41:27 PM »
Yeah the champs are still the champs till they are dethroned and all that, but the team that is playing the best basketball, has the most talent, and the best record should the favorite (at least on paper).  The Spurs just dropped to third in the West by a hair (essentially tied with Houston).  Whichever team has home court throughout the Conference playoffs will probably be the favorite. 
UUrrghh fuck Spurs, there a great team but boring, i want to see kobe in the finals.

body88

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 05:56:18 AM »
Body88, I've revised my earlier comment!

Put the Celtics in the Western Conference, they'd be at least 12-15 wins worse at this point. With all the big men in the West? All that inside offense under the basket in the West? Who does the East have beside Dwight Howard? Defending all those big teams over a full NBA schedule?

The Celtics are 25 - 4 vs the west this year. They beat the spurs again last night - (without Ray Allen). The first time they beat em without Garnett. Sam C has only played in four games, and he has been playing great. Rondo is a future star , big baby is a beast, the celtics bench is the real deal, and ob you have the big three.

The Celtics beat the best in the east when they played the Pistons, and they are 25 - 4 vs the west. The beat the Lakers, the Spurs etc etc. The celts also have the best record in the NBA. What more would you like from them?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »
The Celtics are 25 - 4 vs the west this year. They beat the spurs again last night - (without Ray Allen). The first time they beat em without Garnett. Sam C has only played in four games, and he has been playing great. Rondo is a future star , big baby is a beast, the celtics bench is the real deal, and ob you have the big three.

The Celtics beat the best in the east when they played the Pistons, and they are 25 - 4 vs the west. The beat the Lakers, the Spurs etc etc. The celts also have the best record in the NBA. What more would you like from them?

Playoffs are totally different ballgame, the refs officiate differently, players are more nervous, But the celts are off the chain this year, anything less then a finals appearance is a failure, and how bout shaq?? trade him to the suns and he doesnt miss a game hahaha

body88

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 11:36:02 AM »
Playoffs are totally different ballgame, the refs officiate differently, players are more nervous, But the celts are off the chain this year, anything less then a finals appearance is a failure, and how bout shaq?? trade him to the suns and he doesnt miss a game hahaha

I agree, I'm not saying the celts are a lock to win it all... I know how good the teams in the west are - ( not to mention Cleveland, Orlando and the Piistons). I just don't agree with Guts saying the celts would have 12 - 15 less wins in the west, and I think the 25 - 4 record vs the west proves it - ( plus, in a lot of those games Garnett was out with that abb injury)....

I agree with you that the celts are playing some great basketball this year, but considering how terrible they where last year, and to have the record they do currently, I would say most Celtics fans would still be very happy if they did not win it all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 11:50:24 AM »
The Celtics are the real deal this year, but they did beat the Lakers before the Gasol trade. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
Bynum is due back in the playoffs, i think that sucks as he has to get in game condition and adjust himself during the most important part of the year, they'll just use him for defense.

body88

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »
Celtics beat the Rockets last night by 20 points last night, and came back from 20 down to beat the spurs the night before - (without Ray Allen)... That makes them 8 - 0 vs the best conference in the NBA , and 26 - 4 vs the west on the year. Sorry guts, I aint buying what your selling  ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »
impressive win last night for Celtics.

My only point was that if the Celtics played in the West, they would be at least 10 wins worst, that's all.

That being said, I think the addition of Cassell definitely makes them a threat to win it all.

body88

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
impressive win last night for Celtics.

My only point was that if the Celtics played in the West, they would be at least 10 wins worst, that's all.

That being said, I think the addition of Cassell definitely makes them a threat to win it all.

I know, I am just messing around  ;)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »
Celts are the real deal!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
Celts are the real deal!!

Yep.

So are the Lakers, when healthy.  How awesome would a Lakers/Celtics finals be?  I've already invited a Celtics fan to my house for the Lakers sweep of the Celtics in game 4 of the NBA Finals.   :D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
Yep.

So are the Lakers, when healthy.  How awesome would a Lakers/Celtics finals be?  I've already invited a Celtics fan to my house for the Lakers sweep of the Celtics in game 4 of the NBA Finals.   :D
hahah No chance, I got a feeling the Spurs will still take it out, they have been erratic lately but it would not suprise me if they do it again, I'd actually prefer the Lakers or Suns to be in the finals just for the replay value and highlight package, and how bout the nuggets, on there way to 50 wins and still chasing the playoffs!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »
hahah No chance, I got a feeling the Spurs will still take it out, they have been erratic lately but it would not suprise me if they do it again, I'd actually prefer the Lakers or Suns to be in the finals just for the replay value and highlight package, and how bout the nuggets, on there way to 50 wins and still chasing the playoffs!

Man it is wide open in the West.  Only 5.5 games separates 1-8.  The Spurs could win it.  A healthy Lakers team could win it.  The Hornets are legit.   

Denver would be the 4th seed if they were in the East.  Portland would be the 7th seed.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2008, 04:48:36 AM »
Man it is wide open in the West.  Only 5.5 games separates 1-8.  The Spurs could win it.  A healthy Lakers team could win it.  The Hornets are legit.   

Denver would be the 4th seed if they were in the East.  Portland would be the 7th seed.   
Cause i like you, i hope the lakers win, but if they meet the suns i take it back. Amare is killing it, Pheonix is on fire now, they have slowed the tempo and amare is destroing teams in the half set, And shaq, is a rebounding menance, he was clearly tanking it in Miami for the last 2 years.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
Cause i like you, i hope the lakers win, but if they meet the suns i take it back. Amare is killing it, Pheonix is on fire now, they have slowed the tempo and amare is destroing teams in the half set, And shaq, is a rebounding menance, he was clearly tanking it in Miami for the last 2 years.

:)  Hey the Suns are starting to put it together.  Maybe I spoke too soon about the trade? 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 03:18:28 AM »
:)  Hey the Suns are starting to put it together.  Maybe I spoke too soon about the trade? 
suns lost to pistons, but the refs cost us the game (it's my excuse and im sticking to it)

lakers are struggling without gasol but he will be back soon and they will destroy the west coast

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 08:36:59 AM »
suns lost to pistons, but the refs cost us the game (it's my excuse and im sticking to it)

lakers are struggling without gasol but he will be back soon and they will destroy the west coast

Pistons played without Rip Hamilton too. 

It's possible we could get Gasol, Bynum, Ariza, and Mihm back for the playoffs.   :)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »
Pistons played without Rip Hamilton too. 

It's possible we could get Gasol, Bynum, Ariza, and Mihm back for the playoffs.   :)
Cheap shot! hahahaha yeah billups played good too, i think lakers will have everyone ready to go, Dallas on the other hand is F'D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
Cheap shot! hahahaha yeah billups played good too, i think lakers will have everyone ready to go, Dallas on the other hand is F'D

Tell me about it.  Dallas was in trouble with Dirk in the lineup.  They might not make the playoffs now. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26:15 AM »
Tell me about it.  Dallas was in trouble with Dirk in the lineup.  They might not make the playoffs now. 
dallas did what the knicks did, they gave away all there draft picks and then some for kidd