Author Topic: where is jeremy shockey?  (Read 2846 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
where is jeremy shockey?
« on: February 02, 2008, 12:05:27 PM »
he doesn't support his team?

E
E

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: where is jeremy shockey?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »
he can't handle the heartache of not being a part of the giants stirring postseason run according to a report i read.  What a little bitch.  Overrated as well.  All tats.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
As usual he is totally drunk tapping guys on the ass

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:28:02 AM »

Although he'll put on his happy face, he's seething right now, knowing that the organization he plays for got it done without him. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:34:32 AM »
What about Tiki?

Tell me he's not about to have a brain hemorrhage...

;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:23:59 AM »

Tiki's ok.  Sure, he wishes he could've won a ring, but that would be far from the crowning achievement in his life.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:47:35 AM »
It was interesting that Shockey watched from a booth, was not on the sideline.

With Tiki and Shockey on that team, they don't get to the Superbowl let alone win it.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
Tiki's ok.  Sure, he wishes he could've won a ring, but that would be far from the crowning achievement in his life.

Not true, Tiki talked smack about Eli saying he wasnt the leader and also said Coughlin was part of the reason he retired....now he looks like a fool. yes he will be politically correct and say he is happy his former teammates and that he is happier now, but he please. i doubt he was rooting for the giants

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »
Not true, Tiki talked smack about Eli saying he wasnt the leader and also said Coughlin was part of the reason he retired....now he looks like a fool. yes he will be politically correct and say he is happy his former teammates and that he is happier now, but he please. i doubt he was rooting for the giants

No WAY he wanted his former team to beat a team who had gone 18-0... NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »
tiki and shockey look overrated after this

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »
No WAY he wanted his former team to beat a team who had gone 18-0... NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

Barber actually said he wanted Green Bay in the SB over the Giants. Another classless comment.

tiki and shockey look overrated after this

Their personalities were a big part of the team's problems. Shockey wasn't with the team when they turned it around, and it was interesting that he wasn't on the sidelines with them during the game, which looked odd.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 01:55:23 PM »
Barber actually said he wanted Green Bay in the SB over the Giants. Another classless comment.

I agree... What do you expect from a guy who talked shit about his coach in a book.

Fuck Tiki Barber... I'm glad he didn't get a ring.

Only one Barber has one and it's going to stay that way.

Their personalities were a big part of the team's problems. Shockey wasn't with the team when they turned it around, and it was interesting that he wasn't on the sidelines with them during the game, which looked odd.

Not just odd... Shitty.

I bet he's not in NY next year... Obviously they don't need him.

Cool to see Eli get the MVP, but I would have given it the entire Defensive Line myself.

Split it up... They deserve it.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »
It was interesting that Shockey watched from a booth, was not on the sideline.

With Tiki and Shockey on that team, they don't get to the Superbowl let alone win it.

yup and there were about 5 drinks sitting in front of him...I hear the guy runs his mouth in the huddles etc...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »

Those of us posting here are hardcore sports fans.  Sports are a significant part of our lives.  Tiki was a great player, but never had the sort of passion for the game that many of us have. 

Tiki's comments about the coach were spot-on.  When Coughlin changed his 'style' (and how you get a 65-year-old to change his habits, I don't know!), something magical happened for this team. 

No one understood why Tiki decided to take potshots at Eli.  Was he trying to light a fire under his butt?  I dunno...didn't sound that way to me.  The fact that the criticism seemed to come out of nowhere made no sense.  The fact that Tiki somehow expected a 3rd-year QB to be some heralded 'leader'  made even less sense. 

That expectation right there proved that TIKI DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL.  And the reason he doesn't know football is because he doesn't care as much about the game as we do.  He just happened to be more talented than we are. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 06:41:41 PM »
Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw are better than Tiki. Tiki for most of career(before he became a probowler) was a third down back who always fumbled in every game. He was in decline anyways and retirement probably did him good.

And Giants have Kevin Boss.. He's not as talented as Shockey, but he's an able rookie who got good connection with Eli. Shockey is good, but he gets hurt often and goes nuts just because he got a 10 yard reception. The Giants are better off without him and his eccentric behavior.

Tiki and Chris Collinsworth can become buttbuddies. They're both losers. Maybe Bettis will let Tiki and Collinsworth borrow his rings.  ;D

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
Tiki took potshots at Coughlin because he didn't like to practice. Piece of shit could've never played for any of the top coaches in the league except maybe Dungy. He would've coddled his little ass.

body88

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
Thats what I was trying to say before. The two loud mouths hit the bricks, then all the sidden Eli is able to lead his team. Shockey is expendable these days.

Lets see how he acts when the g men tell him to shut it or trade him.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
He wasn't at the parade today.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 01:09:22 PM »
Why should he be, he wasnt there in the playoffs or the SB. i can see how he would feel that he doesnt deserve to participate in the celebration. the Giants would be foolish to release or trade him.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »
Those of us posting here are hardcore sports fans.  Sports are a significant part of our lives.  Tiki was a great player, but never had the sort of passion for the game that many of us have. 

Tiki's comments about the coach were spot-on.  When Coughlin changed his 'style' (and how you get a 65-year-old to change his habits, I don't know!), something magical happened for this team. 

No one understood why Tiki decided to take potshots at Eli.  Was he trying to light a fire under his butt?  I dunno...didn't sound that way to me.  The fact that the criticism seemed to come out of nowhere made no sense.  The fact that Tiki somehow expected a 3rd-year QB to be some heralded 'leader'  made even less sense. 

That expectation right there proved that TIKI DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL.  And the reason he doesn't know football is because he doesn't care as much about the game as we do.  He just happened to be more talented than we are. 

Don't agree with the conclusions, or that he doesn't care about the game as much as we do. The fundamental problem was that Tiki thought Tiki was #1, not the Giants or team.You don't announce your intention to retire halfway through the season if you're thinking of the team first.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
He wasn't at the parade today.

Really? That really speaks volumes about what must've been going on re: team politics that changed the whole thing around towards the end of the season.

Why should he be, he wasnt there in the playoffs or the SB. i can see how he would feel that he doesnt deserve to participate in the celebration. the Giants would be foolish to release or trade him.

Nah, he would've been at the parade and on the sidelines during the game if things were ok.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »

Nah, he would've been at the parade and on the sidelines during the game if things were ok.
i would have a hard time being on the sidelines if i couldnt play. dunno, he is one of the better TE in the league and the Giants should keep him. That guy Cross?  didnt he look super slow and lumbering?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 05:06:46 PM »
i would have a hard time being on the sidelines if i couldnt play. dunno, he is one of the better TE in the league and the Giants should keep him. That guy Cross?  didnt he look super slow and lumbering?

No player is worth keeping who adversely affects team dynamics. Especially with his replacement doing a solid job.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 05:08:37 PM »
yup and there were about 5 drinks sitting in front of him...I hear the guy runs his mouth in the huddles etc...

Yea, i was at some of the games while he played at Miami and he has still not changed. You should have met him at some of the off campus parties...what a ass
D

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »

This is why your are a turd who doesn't watch a fucking game but turns on Sports center to get your info...They showed Shockey numerous times at the super Bowl...One time in a booth with about 5 drinks in front of him...

But like you said, he wasn't at the SB...Let me guess, your the guy that hangs in the kitchen with everyone else's wifes drinking wine and then run into the living room to watch the commericals pretending like you are the know all of football...Tom Tognelli was right about you...YOU BLOW!