Author Topic: Ambien...has anyone tried it for insomnia?  (Read 7296 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Re: Ambien...has anyone tried it for insomnia?
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 08:13:07 AM »
Why would people think they need harmful pills to fall asleep? They probably just don't know how to relax and calm their minds. Smoke a few bowls about an hour or 2 before bedtime.
~

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
Why would people think they need harmful pills to fall asleep? They probably just don't know how to relax and calm their minds. Smoke a few bowls about an hour or 2 before bedtime.

Yeah.. I'd say stuff like ambien, valium are pretty harmful. They have their own withdrawl symptoms and can cause memory problems.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 08:43:45 AM »
Yeah.. I'd say stuff like ambien, valium are pretty harmful. They have their own withdrawl symptoms and can cause memory problems.

I would agree they're harmful but they shouldn't be used daily.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »
I would agree they're harmful but they shouldn't be used daily.

Yes.

Benzos are often more abused than other drugs and enhance the effects of stuff like alcohol. Just because they're prescribed doesn't make them safe.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 09:06:38 AM »
Yes.

Benzos are often more abused than other drugs and enhance the effects of stuff like alcohol. Just because they're prescribed doesn't make them safe.

Agreed.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »
I too have sleeping problems..I wake up several times throughout the night,  lost of breath, sleeping on my arm (pins and needles feeling), stress

I get about 5 hours sleep per night

but I am afraid to start heading down the sleeping pills route
Here comes the money shot

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »

As long as you can only used them occasionally you'll be fine. I only take Ambien about once a week sometimes once every other week.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 10:00:40 AM »
lunestra, rozeram and melatonin derivative.

ambien causes addiction, trazadone is the best for sure.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »

your a kid you have no stress, some people have psychiatric disorders and need medication.

when you go through  a real rough patch see how long it takes you to look for sleeping aids.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »
Melatonin's only good for minor sleep aid. The most effective version is liquid Melatonin, but it's less common and harder to find.

Ambien from my experience is milder, more subtle. Basically you have to try each brand of sleeping pill in order to find out what each does for you.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »
As long as you can only used them occasionally you'll be fine. I only take Ambien about once a week sometimes once every other week.

I use 5mg valium somtimes now. Before I used to use them everyday.

I only use them when I really need to sleep. They are kinda good for clearing your mind up before you hit the hay.

I too have sleeping problems..I wake up several times throughout the night,  lost of breath, sleeping on my arm (pins and needles feeling), stress

I get about 5 hours sleep per night

Using it like twice a week at 5 mg shouldn't be that bad.. But I guess it varies from person to person.

I suggest trying to sleep naturally. Pills mess with your head.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
I use 5mg valium somtimes now. Before I used to use them everyday.

I only use them when I really need to sleep. They are kinda good for clearing your mind up before you hit the hay.

Using it like twice a week at 5 mg shouldn't be that bad.. But I guess it varies from person to person.

I suggest trying to sleep naturally. Pills mess with your head.
Valium? Aren't those for anxiety,or depression?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
Valium? Aren't those for anxiety,or depression?

Anxiety. lol

I use them for sleeping.. I don't know why anyone would use them during the day because they can make you like a blank slate.

Most benzos are really the same shit with minor alterations.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
Anxiety. lol

I use them for sleeping.. I don't know why anyone would use them during the day because they can make you like a blank slate.

Most benzos are really the same shit with minor alterations.
I agree.. I know you can get them Illegally..But I know, you have to be diagnosed as having anxiety, or being depressed to get them perscribed..

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »
I agree.. I know you can get them Illegally..But I know, you have to be diagnosed as having anxiety, or being depressed to get them perscribed..

I have a generic version. You can buy them online without a script.

My aunt sent me mines.

I don't know what doc would prescribe them for depression. They'd probably make everything worse.  :-X

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »
I have a generic version. You can buy them online without a script.

I don't know what doc would prescribe them for depression. They'd probably make everything worse.  :-X
Take off the aunt sends you yours..People on here are grimey bro.

Moosejay

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
I have found ambien to be noty as effective as Tylenol PM for me to sleep.

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2008, 12:16:39 PM »
I was on it for approximately 2 years straight.  I did have the distinction of being one of the "nioght bingers" and had some absolutely BRUTAL amnesia eating, often over 10k calories at a rip.

Jason

i HAD THE SAME THING IF i TOOK 10MG, I CUT IT IN HALF AND I SLEEP GREAT WITH NO SLEEP WALKING.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »
I don't know if I can get my hands on it here. But I can get my hands on Valium (Diazepam).

It seems to be the safer if these are the two options. Plus it is effective as a muscle relaxant.

I don't know. But trying Ambien once is worth a shot. I am familiar with valium and can always go back to it if need be.

For those others who have insomnia here, how the fuck do you work out consistently and well with so little sleep? I mean I find it fucking hard!

like i said via pm dude, you should give trazadone a shot, its an anti-depressant but at low doses is a great sleep aid tht improves quality of sleep unlike ambien that ruins sleep architecture.

remeron would be good too but its extremely strong and has potent anti histamine effects that will cause you to gain weight.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
you guys need to lay off the ephedrine and large doses of caffiene and train a little earlier in the day and your sleep will be better.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
you guys need to lay off the ephedrine and large doses of caffiene and train a little earlier in the day and your sleep will be better.

Solid advice.

Something else I can say works for me pretty much 100% of the time is when I get in bed, I focus on putting my body in the ultimate sleeping position, starting with my head/arms down to my feet. I'm out in a matter of minutes.
~

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »
Don't forget that Valium has metabolites with a half-life of like 200 hours. That's why habituation can develop even with a fairly infrequent administration. Ambien is also a "GABA-ergic" but the half-life is really short. Therefore you aren't messing with the GABA system round the clock.

I think you should mess with the GABA system as little as possible. IMO it's better to go with stuff like Trazadone, Propiomazin (I use this, not habit forming), Hydroxyzine, diphenhydramine or even Remeron before going the benzo route.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2008, 01:36:57 PM »
Squab..Didn't you admit to doing a cycle ? Why don't you diet and work out harder this way, you won't have to use drugs to make poor progress.. ?

But ..You are right about the Ephedrine and Caffiene

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
Squab..Didn't you admit to doing a cycle ? Why don't you diet and work out harder this way, you won't have to use drugs to make poor progress.. ?

But ..You are right about the Ephedrine and Caffiene
i gaurantee i train harder than you, i love how just because you're "ripped" and small you automatically train harder than some bigger with more bodyfat. ::)

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »
i gaurantee i train harder than you, i love how just because you're "ripped" and small you automatically train harder than some bigger with more bodyfat. ::)
I never said that Squab.. I'm sure you train hard.. But I train hard also.. I lift weights..Then a few hrs.later I train at a boxing gym with my son.. I never thought I'd see my abs,but I can..I started working out with my son... just to spend time with him ..
 I don't do drugs(steroids). I don't do it for contests ,or to be the biggest guy on the block.. I do it to stay healthy and fit!