Author Topic: Eukanuba National Dog Show  (Read 5210 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Eukanuba National Dog Show
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »
Anyone watching this on Animal Planet right now?  the Selyham Terrier just won Best in Show.  I was thinking the Weimereyner or the Akita would win.  I didn't like the top four picks for the terrier group. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Eukanuba National Dog Show
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:04:21 PM »
That Akita was beautiful, but i personaly thought that the staffy from the terrier group and the Visla from the sporting group were the best looking dogs in the show.  those toy breeds sure do annoy the shit outta me though.  worthless ankle biters...

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
those toy breeds sure do annoy the shit outta me though.  worthless ankle biters...

You can bet that pits will get banned before toy breeds ever do, so maybe you should practice tolerance for other breeds that you expect to be given to pits. If not you are just like they are, except you are on the losing end with less supporters.

:)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
That Akita was beautiful, but i personaly thought that the staffy from the terrier group and the Visla from the sporting group were the best looking dogs in the show.  those toy breeds sure do annoy the shit outta me though.  worthless ankle biters...
i thought the brown and white bull terrier was "ON" last night.  The Akita has been showing well the last few big-time shows.  Beautiful dog.  Wonder if people know that these dogs can be pretty vicious if placed in the wrong hands. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »
i thought the brown and white bull terrier was "ON" last night.  The Akita has been showing well the last few big-time shows.  Beautiful dog.  Wonder if people know that these dogs can be pretty vicious if placed in the wrong hands. 

Who won the Terrier group? I liked the Colored Bull terrier and the English and American Staffys.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »

You can bet that pits will get banned before toy breeds ever do, so maybe you should practice tolerance for other breeds that you expect to be given to pits. If not you are just like they are, except you are on the losing end with less supporters.

well, i'm not trying to get them banned, i just know that they are mostly (well... 99.9%) worthless dogs.  Most small dogs are pretty worthless, like cats.  I've been personaly snapped at, bitten and barked at by more small dogs than any large dogs.  People don't have to like pits, but they do have to realize that owners are the ones responsible for their behavior, not the breed itself.  Thats all i'm looking for.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 04:00:04 AM »

well, i'm not trying to get them banned, i just know that they are mostly (well... 99.9%) worthless dogs.  Most small dogs are pretty worthless, like cats.  I've been personaly snapped at, bitten and barked at by more small dogs than any large dogs.  People don't have to like pits, but they do have to realize that owners are the ones responsible for their behavior, not the breed itself.  Thats all i'm looking for.

pits are worthless.  Any dog can be worthless to someone.  When you take that attitude and make comments like that you are just like any BSL person.  Why should anyone take you seriously or respect what you are saying when you say stuff like that?  It is one thing to say "I personally don't care for small dogs" than to say they are 99.9% worthless.   Plus how many people/kids have small dogs killed or seriously disfigured as compared to pits?  Are small dogs associated with crime and drugs or a pits?  Which dog would benefit society more if it was banned?  Hmmm.... guess that would be the pit.   Great job in making people see your point.  ::)

You are a great example for a pit owner who wants respect when you make asinine comments like that.  You do nothing to help your cause, you actually make it worse. You come across like a person who would let his pit attack small dogs and cats because you think they are worthless.  And you are the pit owner that people don't think should have them with that attitude.

Don't expect any respect when you can't extend the same.  If you are a supposedly "responsible" owner of a pit, then I wonder if most "responsible" owners against BSL's are like you, and maybe the breed SHOULD be banned.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
I've never once wished or espoused violence upon dogs or cats, thats your mental imagery, not mine.  You can call me all the names under the sun that you want and project upon me as much as you want, thats your perrogative.  I think toy breeds and other small breeds are pointless. They exist simply for looks and or as alarms. I'm not saying get rid of them, i'm not saying other people can't enjoy them, i just think they are annoying and stupid.  I've felt this way long before i had pits.  I'm entitled to my opinion. i enjoy some small dogs, like pugs or mini shnauzers, but when i encounter a silky terrier per se, i never walk away with a good feeling.  whenever i encounter people's small/toy dogs (whether in public or in my shelter work) i'm always nice, i always try to pet them or give a treat.  you would be hard pressed to find someone more dog tolerant than I, but that doesn't mean i have to like these dogs at all.  I've tried on TOO many occasions to be nice to these dogs only to be barked and snapped at.  After a while, you start to notice a trend.  I would much rather have a lab, great dane, pit, mastiff, beagle, rottie, jack russell etc  shower me with affection for simply being in their presence than try and give a yorkie a treat only to have it bark and snap.

As for cats, i've never enjoyed them.  Cats are like sorority girls.  they walk around, ignore you, stick their assholes out for everyone to see and rarely instigate affection.  I've met some cool cats for sure and some that i wouldn't mind having, but most cats i meet just annoy me or ignore me.  They don't seem to have many "pet" qualities.  great hunters though.

As for you flower, all you do is pick fights.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

Plus how many people/kids have small dogs killed or seriously disfigured as compared to pits?  Are small dogs associated with crime and drugs or a pits? 

First off, lots more than than the media would ever report on. Small dogs have small sharp teeth. 2nd... to try and bring up the fact that pits are associated with crime is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of.  Crime can only be commited by humans and dogs can only be exploited by humans.  Dogs have nothing to do with crime.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
I'm just saying don't expect people to try and look at your point of view when you say stuff like that.

Small dogs are worthless, but respect my right to own a pit.    ::)

Great.  What makes a pit bull any less worthless than a small dog?  You don't have to like small dogs, or any other breeds of dogs, but to say that certain breeds are worthless is not going to help people see that some dogs should not be banned.  What do MOST people have pits for - to look tough.  Then you get the morons owning them, a POTENTIALLY dangerous dog because of what they CAN do, not saying they WILL do, but CAN do, and that makes pit bulls pretty worthless in the eyes of a lot of people.

A person gets attacked by a small dog or a pit, which one is going to do more damage?   That is a fact.   So do the breed a favor and at least pretend to have respect for all dogs and a persons right to have them, even if they aren't the breed you would have. Some of the people standing up for your right to have a pit bull own small dogs and cats, so maybe you don't want to piss off people that were on your side.  Because why should I, or any other non pit bull owners give a shit if you can own them or not with that attitude?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 04:28:03 PM »
I'm just saying don't expect people to try and look at your point of view when you say stuff like that.

Small dogs are worthless, but respect my right to own a pit.    ::)

Great.  What makes a pit bull any less worthless than a small dog?  You don't have to like small dogs, or any other breeds of dogs, but to say that certain breeds are worthless is not going to help people see that some dogs should not be banned.  What do MOST people have pits for - to look tough.  Then you get the morons owning them, a POTENTIALLY dangerous dog because of what they CAN do, not saying they WILL do, but CAN do, and that makes pit bulls pretty worthless in the eyes of a lot of people.

A person gets attacked by a small dog or a pit, which one is going to do more damage?   That is a fact.   So do the breed a favor and at least pretend to have respect for all dogs and a persons right to have them, even if they aren't the breed you would have. Some of the people standing up for your right to have a pit bull own small dogs and cats, so maybe you don't want to piss off people that were on your side.  Because why should I, or any other non pit bull owners give a shit if you can own them or not with that attitude?

I'm not saying ANYWHERE in my posts that people shouldn't have these breeds, i just find them completely anti-dog type entities for the most part.  Pits, labs, german sheps, aussie sheps, beagles etc act like mans best friend.  they are friendly to everyone (although exceptions exist for every breed).  toy breeds and many small breeds do not act  like that at all.

I'm also never saying anywhere that anyone has to respect my right to own a pit, people give me bad looks all the time or say rude things. i shrug it off, it comes with the territory.  All i ever ask is that people judge the owners who raised the bad ones versus the rest of the breed.  You're blowing this out of proportion.  I never said to ban them or that people shouldn't own them or anything close to that.  All you do anymore is pick fights.  At least try to back up you're rantings with some science.

The Lhasa Apso from dog breed info:

This is a hardy dog with a friendly, assertive, manner. Intelligent and lively, it makes a good pet, but it is naturally suspicious of strangers. Lhasa Apsos are spirited and devoted. These little dogs are affectionate with their masters, but they will not tolerate rough or badly behaved children. Some are willful and some are very obedient to their masters. This breed responds to motivational training. It should have a dominant owner. They are good watchdogs with a loud, persistent bark, which gives the impression to intruders of a much larger dog. The breed can be noisy and may be too nervous around children and strangers. They are inclined to fight if they are not the only dog in the house. They have a fine sense of hearing. These little dogs travel well . Lhasa Apso bitches make good mothers. They dislike being alone and can be snappish if surprised or peeved.

The Shih Tzu from dogbreedinfo.com:

The Shih-Tzu is an alert and spunky little dog. Happy and hardy, endowed with loads of character. They are royally dignified, courageous and sometimes arrogant. This breed does well with polite, careful children. The gentle loyal Shih-Tzu makes friends easily and although obstinate can respond well to consistent patient training. A very alert watch dog, the Shih-Tzu likes to bark, but is usually quiet inside the house. They are stubborn and clever. Shihs can get snappish if they are surprised or peeved. Playful and lively, this affectionate little dog needs to be with people and are generally good with other pets. Some can be difficult to housebreak.

The Silky Terrier from dogbreedinfo.com:

This loving, little terrier is very intelligent, courageous and alert. Affectionate, spunky cheerful and sociable, they like to be close to their master, but do not accept them to be a "mellow" lap dog. They are full of energy. Curious about everything, it is an enthusiastic digger. Active, keen and demanding. Smart and quick, though a bit willful as with most terriers. Despite its size, this docile dog is watchful and protective. Normally these dogs are very loving with children if they are raised with them, but they can be snappish if peeved and should not be rough-handled or teased. A hardy little fellow, it is a good dog to travel with. It makes an excellent watchdog, but can become a barker if not controlled. They are reserved with strangers and not generally trustworthy with other pets. Socialize them well with cats when they are still a puppy or they will chase them when they get older. Can get jealous and pick fights with other dogs. Training these dogs is very straight- forward because it is very eager to learn. 

the yorkshire terrier from dogbreedinfo.com:

The Yorkshire Terrier seems oblivious of its small size. It is ever eager for adventure and trouble. This little dog is highly energetic, brave, loyal and clever. Affectionate with its master, but sometimes suspicious of strangers. It can be aggressive to strange dogs and small animals. In other words, it has true Terrier heritage. They do best with older, considerate children. Yorkies are easy to train, although they can sometimes be stubborn. The breed is demanding and dependant and needs a lot of human attention. The Yorkie is an excellent watchdog, defending its territory in no uncertain manner. They can get snappish if surprised, frightened or over-teased, but are usually very sweet and loving. They can be difficult to housebreak. These little dogs should not be over-protected, for they may become neurotic. The Yorkie likes to bark, but it can easily be taught not to do so.

I notice that "snappish" is used in all descriptions, as is warriness of strangers, what a surprise!?

Those are all traits i find highly undesireable in dogs.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »
Pit bulls are 99.9% worthless.

I no longer have my anti-breed law stance. You have shown me that it is okay to consider another breed 99.9% useless and not care that that is unfair and unreasonable to think like that.  I don't have to just not care for pits as a dog that I would like to have, I am now free to consider them actually worthless and if there never was another pit bull on this earth then good riddance.

Why should I have to judge just the bad owners and not judge the good owners of that worthless breed?  If I am walking down the street how am I to know that that dog was raised by a good owner, or a bad one?  Considering the damage that dog could do, as compared to a small dog, and that there is a lot of bad pit owners out there, I shouldn't have to take a chance on a worthless breed. 

I will not stand up against Breed Specific Laws anymore that concern pit bulls.

Good Job! 

Seriously - I know people who have pits, and they would NEVER say other breeds were worthless and expect people to give some consideration to there fight against BSL. That is doing exactly what pit owners are trying to get stopped that is being done to them.  A lot of people DO think that pits are a worthless dangerous breed that the bad dogs and owners out weigh the good ones.  Pits don't need people like you making asinine comments that don't help. Considering it's YOUR worthless dog that has it's ass on the line, you can't afford to be judgmental like that, can you?   

Think about that.  No one says you have to particularly care for a breed, but saying one is 99.9% worthless is saying more than you just don't like a breed isn't it?

I can't believe you don't get that?   :-\

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »
Worthless to me and me alone, its just my opinion.  I find them to have no redeeming qualities.  As i have always stated, i've never said people shouldn't have them or that people can't enjoy them or find great companionship from them, i just don't like them.  You flower, are just looking for an arguement at every turn.  What i started as a funny afterthought you blew outta proportion.  from now on i don't deal with you. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe you have made a similar comment in the past and I said something to you then also. *edit, that was someone else and I did comment on it, but it wasn't you traps 

Saying something is 99.9% useless is saying that you don't care what happens to it.  Coming from an owner of a pit bull in reference to small dogs and cats, that is a scary statement.  People might wonder if your dog attacked a cat or small dog if you would even try and stop it or even care after making a statement like that.

Don't get in a huff when these BSL laws get even more backing behind them and start passing.  They are just people thinking your dog is worthless.  Unfortunately your dog is more dangerous as well as useless, and dangerous will get you banned, where just useless alone won't.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe you have made a similar comment in the past and I said something to you then also. *edit, that was someone else and I did comment on it, but it wasn't you traps 

Saying something is 99.9% useless is saying that you don't care what happens to it.  Coming from an owner of a pit bull in reference to small dogs and cats, that is a scary statement.  People might wonder if your dog attacked a cat or small dog if you would even try and stop it or even care after making a statement like that.

Don't get in a huff when these BSL laws get even more backing behind them and start passing.  They are just people thinking your dog is worthless.  Unfortunately your dog is more dangerous as well as useless, and dangerous will get you banned, where just useless alone won't.

No, as an animal lover i would do anything within my power for them.   I just don't care for them as companion animals.  Its my right to not like them. BSL is unconstitutional and will never get very far in america.  Sadly, the vick case has done more for the public image of pits than anything else.  BSL should be changed to Race specific legislation, RSL.  watch what happens when you keep pit bulls outta the hands of certain demographics... not very politicaly correct, but a more valid solution. 

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:42:11 AM »
Traps shows his intelligence again. 

I love the pastes of the info from dog breed info.  The APBT isn't even recognized by the AKC, and they are also the most controversial breed in America.  And you are complaining about toy dogs being reserved with strangers and yappy, based off the information on stupid ass dogbreedinfo.com.  Lets look at the APBT:

That sly smile, those determined eyes, that unwaning pleasure to please... the mere quality and characteristics of the APBT have evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today.  By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized they will not even be aggressive with them. These are truly quality companions for quality owners only! The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood.  For the most part they are very friendly, but not recommended for most people. Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Originally used as fighting dogs, the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name.

Do you believe this is an accurate representation of the breed?  I don't.  But I am sure that anyone who reads the profiles from that site would go for any of those toys you listed before a dog who they CLAIM is inherently dog aggressive...OHHH, but not to people!  Lol gimme a fuckin break.  What a stupid description.

Don't throw stones in a glass house.

Still waiting for you to scan your dogs CGC certificates.  It's been how many months now?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
He does make a point in that small dogs are usually yappy.  I have a yapper so I can say that.    ;D   But when he comes to work he doesn't sit here and yap all day, so he only yaps with a purpose.   ::)

I just took offense with calling them worthless. I don't think any breed should be called that.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
Temper:  Its my right not to like a majority of small breeds/toy breeds.  Its not like i am saying ban them or get rid of them.  And i already told you that i don't deal with strangers on the internet with personal information.  As for the info from that site, i find that site to be a good reference point because they don't sugarcoat breeds. I for one DO believe that pits are not a dog for everyone and that they do need a strong owner who knows how to handle a dominant dog.  I find that description of the american pit to be extremely accurate and i'd like to see where you can point out that it is not.  I know you seem to take exception with pits being labeled as aggressive, but deny it as you may, pits are animal aggressive most of the time unlesss they are socialized.

Flower: People let little dogs get away with murder just because they are little and it annoys the shit out of me.  I find them to have very few redeeming qualities.  you can slander a pits image 77 billion ways, but at the end of the day they are working dogs used for police work, customs work, military work, farm work, hunting, therapy dogs and guide dogs.  Their inherent worth is obvious. Toy breeds are fashion accessories in my opinion.  I am sure there are tons of sweet dogs out there that are toys and aren't yappy or snappish at all, but as a whole i choose not to like those dogs.  They annoy me. End of story.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 06:58:23 PM »
What a joke

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
gone for a few days & stuff like this happens

What does this have to do with the Eukanuba DS?