Author Topic: Obama Adviser: Barack "Doesn't Go On TV And Have Crying Fits  (Read 555 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama Adviser: Barack "Doesn't Go On TV And Have Crying Fits
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »
Doh.  :)  It's true, even the crying fit worked in New Hampshire. 

Obama Adviser: Barack "Doesn't Go On TV And Have Crying Fits"

Los Angeles Times   |  Peter Wallsten   |   February 2, 2008 12:13 PM

Read More: Barack Obama, Clinton Crying, Hillary Clinton, Hillary Clinton Cries, Hillary Clinton Crying, Obama Advisers, Breaking Politics News           

The advisor, retired Gen. Merrill A. "Tony" McPeak, said in a telephone interview that Obama has "real gravitas, not artificially created, focus-grouped, poll-directed, rehearsed gravitas."

He also said Obama "doesn't go on television and have crying fits; he isn't discovering his voice at the age of 60" -- references to Clinton's much-publicized show of emotion during the New Hampshire primary campaign and her speech after winning the contest in which she declared that she had "found my voice."

McPeak later retracted his remarks, and the Obama camp disassociated itself from them. [...]

An Obama campaign aide was on the line during the interview. Minutes later, McPeak called back to say he regretted his remarks and that he has "high regard" for Hillary Clinton.

He also expressed concern that "some of those loose-lips-will-sink-ships quotes will be the big story."

In an email, the Obama campaign said McPeak's words "crossed the line" and that Obama "strongly disagrees with these comments and apologizes on behalf of the campaign."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/02/obama-adviser-barack-do_n_84581.html

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Obama Adviser: Barack "Doesn't Go On TV And Have Crying Fits
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »

John Kerry is stumping for Obama.

Does that help or hurt?

Truthfully, I don't know what the Obama people can do to get the Clintons out of power. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Obama Adviser: Barack "Doesn't Go On TV And Have Crying Fits
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »
John Kerry is stumping for Obama.

Does that help or hurt?

Truthfully, I don't know what the Obama people can do to get the Clintons out of power. 

From a money standpoint, I think a Kerry endorsement would help Sen. Obama.  Either way, the Democratic candidates are raising some serious duckets!   :o  Talk about a machine!!!  Did you see where Obama raised something like $36 million over the last two-three months.  Amazing stuff.