Author Topic: NINER LEGENDS TOSS THE COIN  (Read 1826 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
NINER LEGENDS TOSS THE COIN
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
STEVE, RONNIE and JERRY!  3 big reasons the 49ers of the 82-99 represent the lengthiest stretch of dominance by any franchise in pro sports history.  Any of the niner's 5 super bowl winning teams would've destroyed both of these teams.

Lets take a look at the stars/pro bowlers on their last super bowl win (94-95 season):

Steve Young
Jerry Rice
Deion Sanders

Ricky Waters
Ken Norton jr
Lee Woodall
Bryant Young
Dana Stubblefield
Toi  Cook
Gary Plummer

Dennis Brown
Brent Jones
Tim McDonald
John Taylor

Thats just a sampling of a ridiculously talented squad, many of whom were at their peak.

Epic "living in the past" monent.  i know...

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: NINER LEGENDS TOSS THE COIN
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
I think that the niner legends psyched out the patriots.  they faced their destiny and got scared because no one on their team is anywhere near as good as steve, ronnie or jerry.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »
 :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »
nobody has heard of half of those players

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:49:31 AM »
  Any of the niner's 5 super bowl winning teams would've destroyed both of these teams.

The best all-time team, alongside the Steelers. But it's not a given that all of their teams including the weaker ones would've beaten either the Giants or NE. Actually the same type of NY pass rush led by Jim Burt was the only thing that i ever remember stopping the 49ers. ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
The best all-time team, alongside the Steelers. But it's not a given that all of their teams including the weaker ones would've beaten either the Giants or NE. Actually the same type of NY pass rush led by Jim Burt was the only thing that i ever remember stopping the 49ers. ;)

Then they did the smart thing and brought Burt over.   :)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »
Im constantly telling people that Brent Jones is the most under-rated TE.
he was such a work horse, and came through everytime they needed him.
that 94' team was awesome.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »
Memories. . . .   :'(

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »
Im constantly telling people that Brent Jones is the most under-rated TE.
he was such a work horse, and came through everytime they needed him.
that 94' team was awesome.

brent jones modernized the tight end.  he was faster than all the linebackers, could run block and pass block, had great hands and ran perfect routes, short OR long.  he was also nicknamed the "human pinball"  because of the way he would get strung out over the middle and just bounce up after taking a monster shot.  There are stories about the niners being in a 3rd down situation,  breaking huddle and steve whispering a preemptive "sorry" to brent before the play went down.  Steve knew that the gauranteed first down was hangin brent out to dry across the middle.

And if there are people who don't know who the players i listed are, they need to do their fucking research before they can talk football round these parts.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
brent jones modernized the tight end.  he was faster than all the linebackers, could run block and pass block, had great hands and ran perfect routes, short OR long.  he was also nicknamed the "human pinball"  because of the way he would get strung out over the middle and just bounce up after taking a monster shot.  There are stories about the niners being in a 3rd down situation,  breaking huddle and steve whispering a preemptive "sorry" to brent before the play went down.  Steve knew that the gauranteed first down was hangin brent out to dry across the middle.

And if there are people who don't know who the players i listed are, they need to do their fucking research before they can talk football round these parts.

And the TE before him might have been just as good, but he opted to be a doctor instead and ended his career prematurely. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »

yes anybody that doesn't know "toi cook" doesn't know football ::)

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 05:53:08 AM »
Ahh yes.those Giants/Niner's battles were some classic games. ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 09:52:45 AM »
Ahh yes.those Giants/Niner's battles were some classic games. ;D

They were some of the best ever.   ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »
They were some of the best ever.   ;D

So very true.
all the Giants from that era talk about those being the best games they were ever involved in.they hated but had the utmost respect for the Niners.

to this day LT says the best game he ever played in was the 7-3 loss to the Niners. ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »

There's that classic footage of him making a catch, getting hit and bouncing on his head, of course popping back up. they used to show it all the time before, i havent seen it in years.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »
yes anybody that doesn't know "toi cook" doesn't know football ::)

E

dude, toi cook was a multiple pro bowler, usualy people know of the stars of the game.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 08:58:17 PM »
dude, toi cook was a multiple pro bowler, usualy people know of the stars of the game.

how many pro bowls?  i've never heard of him

there is one good player you left out, merton hanks

E

E

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »
how many pro bowls?  i've never heard of him

there is one good player you left out, merton hanks

E

haha, merton was one i figured people wouldn't remember.  Although he did have that break yer neck "dance"