Author Topic: Report: More Muslim Women Medics in U.K. Refusing to Follow Hygiene Rules  (Read 1680 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Muslim women working at U.K. medical facilities are increasingly refusing to comply with the basic hygiene standard of rolling up their sleeves when their washing hands, it was reported.

According to the U.K.'s Daily Telegraph, female workers are ignoring Britain's Department of Health rules requiring medics to be "bare below the elbow" because they consider showing any skin — outside the hands and face — immodest.

The guidelines were put into place to stave off the spread of infectious killer bugs like MRSA and Clostridium difficile, which have been implicated in the deaths of hundreds of hospital patients, according to the paper.

Hygiene experts said the standard should hold for all workers— even if it goes against their religion.

"I don't think it would be right to make an exemption for people on any grounds. The policy of bare below the elbows has to be applied universally," Dr. Mark Enright, professor of microbiology at Imperial College London told the Telegraph.

Some fear the enforcing the rules will open the door to lawsuits charging discrimination against female Muslims working within the medical professions.

The Islamic Medical Association, for one, has issued a statement that "no practicing Muslim woman — doctor, medical student, nurse or patient — should be forced to bare her arms below the elbow," according to paper
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Report: More Muslim Women Medics in U.K. Refusing to Follow Hygiene Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
All this politically correct bullshit...imagine if u got sick because they won't roll up their friggen sleeves. Is this because of Universal health care and the fact that the British government can't do anything about it or is it because they are so worried about offending them.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »
I bet this makes you feel better about wanting to blow them all up.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:39:42 AM »
I bet this makes you feel better about wanting to blow them all up.  ::)
your an idiot at least HH6's posts have thought behind them and are not just pure hatred

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »
No..I'd like them to wash their friggen hands and join the 21st Century. U wanna honor their fucked up religion, move over to the Middle East, I'm sure u'd love it. I'm sure if it was ur ass on the table, u'd want them to wash their hands. I'm sure dying of Staph is a lovely way to go....as for killing them..I care FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR more that my friggen football team lost by 3 points then the feelings or welfare of any camel jockey, not even enough to want to shoot them. I'm more worried about resigning Rand Moss then shooting anybody....really where the hell are u from.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »
This is nuts.

If they can't understand the reason for this then I'd question there capacity to do the job in the first place

simple solution - follow the rules or lose your job.

There is nothing discriminatory about the rule - it applies to everyone

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »
This is nuts.

If they can't understand the reason for this then I'd question there capacity to do the job in the first place

simple solution - follow the rules or lose your job.

There is nothing discriminatory about the rule - it applies to everyone
very well put

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:22 AM »
Glad u posted straw...my question..and its not loaded...is this. Will we face this if  we go to universal healthcare. U really can't pull this shit in our hospitals today..but if Uncle Sam steps in...with the massive load of regulations and work place shit...what happens. U would think things like hygiene would be outside the realm of this crap.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
Glad u posted straw...my question..and its not loaded...is this. Will we face this if  we go to universal healthcare. U really can't pull this shit in our hospitals today..but if Uncle Sam steps in...with the massive load of regulations and work place shit...what happens. U would think things like hygiene would be outside the realm of this crap.

I don't see any correlation and it's not something I would worry about. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:29:35 AM »
Muslim women working at U.K. medical facilities are increasingly refusing to comply with the basic hygiene standard of rolling up their sleeves when their washing hands, it was reported.

According to the U.K.'s Daily Telegraph, female workers are ignoring Britain's Department of Health rules requiring medics to be "bare below the elbow" because they consider showing any skin — outside the hands and face — immodest.

The guidelines were put into place to stave off the spread of infectious killer bugs like MRSA and Clostridium difficile, which have been implicated in the deaths of hundreds of hospital patients, according to the paper.

Hygiene experts said the standard should hold for all workers— even if it goes against their religion.

"I don't think it would be right to make an exemption for people on any grounds. The policy of bare below the elbows has to be applied universally," Dr. Mark Enright, professor of microbiology at Imperial College London told the Telegraph.

Some fear the enforcing the rules will open the door to lawsuits charging discrimination against female Muslims working within the medical professions.

The Islamic Medical Association, for one, has issued a statement that "no practicing Muslim woman — doctor, medical student, nurse or patient — should be forced to bare her arms below the elbow," according to paper

lmao....sigh....i cant even begin to expound on your or their stupidity :-\

....pathetic...
carpe` vaginum!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 10:33:40 AM »
This is nuts.

Exactly, but what you don't know is they were trained in the other countries. Pakistan, India, Iran, etc. and come over study for the test, pass and all is good or err. They do things in custom fashion in their homeland, they can't and should not expect the same other places.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
Exactly, but what you don't know is they were trained in the other countries. Pakistan, India, Iran, etc. and come over study for the test, pass and all is good or err. They do things in custom fashion in their homeland, they can't and should not expect the same other places.

I'm well aware that other countries have different standards for many things including medical procedures.

The complaints of these woman is not even a medical standard per se but more of clash between their religious beliefs and western medical practises. 

If they want to practice in another country then they shoud be well aware of the standards of that country and be prepared to follow them. 

I don't think anyone on this board, left - right - center has a problem with this

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »

....pathetic...
[/quote

My stupidity...first off..basic hygeine in a hospital is pretty much standard eveywhere..except 3rd world shitholes..like Pakistan and the rest of the Middle East...I've been there...these people are filthy..if ur going to work in a hostpital..wash ur hands..this isn't hard. Just pointing out yet another instance of why Islam is not compatable with Western society.

Straw my connection was this....If I'm a hospital administator and u decide not to wash ur hands...I can bounce u..u might bitch..but its better then a Staph infection outbreak thats ends up sinking my entire Medical company from lawsuits..now if Uncle Sam controls things..such as in GB..maybe its harde to fire u ..meanwhile we have people getting sick.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »

....pathetic...

My stupidity...first off..basic hygeine in a hospital is pretty much standard eveywhere..except 3rd world shitholes..like Pakistan and the rest of the Middle East...I've been there...these people are filthy..if ur going to work in a hostpital..wash ur hands..this isn't hard. Just pointing out yet another instance of why Islam is not compatable with Western society.

Straw my connection was this....If I'm a hospital administator and u decide not to wash ur hands...I can bounce u..u might bitch..but its better then a Staph infection outbreak thats ends up sinking my entire Medical company from lawsuits..now if Uncle Sam controls things..such as in GB..maybe its harde to fire u ..meanwhile we have people getting sick.

Do you really think this is going to be a signficant problem in reforming our healthcare system.

I doubt anyone who currently can't afford to insure their family is going to lose any sleep over this.

Personally, I think the smart people we have here in the US will find a way to get these kooks to wash their filthy hands and forearms

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »

::) ::) ::)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
I'm well aware that other countries have different standards for many things including medical procedures.

The complaints of these woman is not even a medical standard per se but more of clash between their religious beliefs and western medical practises. 

If they want to practice in another country then they shoud be well aware of the standards of that country and be prepared to follow them. 

I don't think anyone on this board, left - right - center has a problem with this

I agree. That is how it SHOULD BE.

Damn codes and regulations are put into place for reasons, this one a very simple and clear one - to protect people.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
your an idiot at least HH6's posts have thought behind them and are not just pure hatred

The article didn't mention where the woman works, it may be an Islamic Hopital in which case, white rednecks like you will never come in contact with her or people like her.

She may be a GP in which case she isnt any different than other GP's when it comes to frequency of washing your hand up to your elbows.

If you think that hopsitals in the US are without shortcummings regarding hygine, you're wrong.

YOU have a choice of which doctor you go see, no one is forcing you to see a Muslim that doesnt wash their hands to their elbows, so stop your fucking whinning.

The only reason HH6 is making a big deal about this is because it happens to be a Muslim, there are TONS of doctors, (not medics), that do what this woman does when they see a patient and no one says shit.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »
Honestly.. I understand religious freedom and all, but not the kind the infringes upon the health and rights of others.

If they don't want to their fucking hairy arms then they should be quit or be fired. I don't know why this is even an issue.  ???

Seems as thought England is a pussy country. If you let people walk all over you, then they will, and it'll pretty much become the norm.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »

no wonder why most of them (in their country) are dying from all kind of disease.

just to show you how stupid religion is! and retard!!
are you delusional?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:56 PM »
No matter how much of a lib you are you can't find an excuse for this - this is basic hygiene not religious persecution. They should definitely get the boot if they don't follow procedure.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 06:53:39 AM »
I posted because yet again the muslims are causing problems where one shouldn't exist. It was a regular hospital.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
I posted because yet again the muslims are causing problems where one shouldn't exist. It was a regular hospital.

No need to refute, it is obvious in his statements that he does not see the danger with our US predicament, the dangers or Medicare and limited Doctor choices makes this a nightmare. Not to mention out of many of the plagues that stroke the western Hampshire in the 9th and 16th centuries is thought to have originated from Islamic countries....go figure.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
We're going to die from political correctness.....unbeliev able.
L