Author Topic: When does your Metabolism start to slow down  (Read 1040 times)

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
When does your Metabolism start to slow down
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:34:19 AM »
I have gained 55 pounds in 1 year.Without excessive eating sticking to about 3000 to 3500 calories a day in November i was 280 but have cut my calories by about 750 and have gotten down to 260 at the moment.

Had my Bloodwork done and everythings normal, my normal bodyweight has alway been about 225 with no cardio at 6 ft, eaten what ever i liked.My Dad says it the middle age spread im only 36.

When i was 18 i could not break 150  ;D,Have any of the older lifters found problems gaining significant weight as you have gotten older or even younger members fighting the bulge since birth
Arnold For President 2012.2016

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: When does your Metabolism start to slow down
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:47:44 AM »
Bro, you need to eat freakin salads and lean meat with very very little bread and complex carbs.  It's hard at first, but for me, and I speak only of me, carbs are a sure way to get fat.  I have great energy, I only use splenda and drink diet coke.  I drink chilled green tea all day with splenda and my appetite is massively surrpressed, and my metabolism is rollin all day, plus you get the polyphenols that have proven to crush cancer cells.  Hope this helps a little bit.
Most are all show no go!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:02:58 AM »
Bro, you need to eat freakin salads and lean meat with very very little bread and complex carbs.  It's hard at first, but for me, and I speak only of me, carbs are a sure way to get fat.  I have great energy, I only use splenda and drink diet coke.  I drink chilled green tea all day with splenda and my appetite is massively surrpressed, and my metabolism is rollin all day, plus you get the polyphenols that have proven to crush cancer cells.  Hope this helps a little bit.

I can only second that, took me quite a while, but I only I repeat only loose weight when I stay of
the Simple carbs and only have carbs on some days.
My diet is actually quite fat, In my job we have a huge canteen and they are riding on the "go healty" thing so they have a huge salad bar.

I take always 2 Chicken Fillets (cooked)
A big plate of all kinda salad (and I don't care what sauce there is on) no nudle salad of course.
I eat half now and half at 16:00
At home I eat another Chicken Fillet with some salad.

Fuck the 8 meals a day, fuck the 6 liter of water I have done all that shit before, I'm done with that.
I take little carbs and a lot of Protein and good fats.

Workout every day + after workout 30 min bike.

And it works

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »

Medically speaking the average human body starts decrease it's efficiency 1% every year after the age 30.
?

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:40 AM »
I see where your coming from, I have actually cut my carbs except for fruit and vegies, Im a vegetarian and have a protien shake instead of a meal most days,.What you profess is on par with Dr Atkins diet.
Anyway it was a shock to put on that much weight in 1 year, anyway by May or June ill be back at 225.Thanks for the advice.
PS Not being able to eat a big bowl of Pasta everyday sucks
Medically speaking the average human body starts decrease it's efficiency 1% every year after the age 30.
Shit my efficiency has decreased by 25%, ???My Doctor ran every test known to man and only could say a slow metabolism
Arnold For President 2012.2016