Author Topic: So in a couple of years when Ronnie and Jay C. look back...  (Read 2616 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
So in a couple of years when Ronnie and Jay C. look back...
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »
And they finally admit (to themself of course) that the massive drug usage wasn't such a good idea to
begin with.
Do you think with all their money they are still happy?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: So in a couple of years when Ronnie and Jay C. look back...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »
 ;D
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »
And they finally admit (to themself of course) that the massive drug usage wasn't such a good idea to
begin with.

I'm willing to bet pretty much anyone would have their life over yours.
Z

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »
begin with.

I think if they are healthy they will.  But even if they are not healthy, who knows they may think a shorter life or death be for 50 was worth it .  I think I read some where that they asked some Olympic athletes if the could win the gold medal but they would die with in a few years would they still want it and some of them said yes.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
I think if they are healthy they will.  But even if they are not healthy, who knows they may think a shorter life or death be for 50 was worth it .  I think I read some where that they asked some Olympic athletes if the could win the gold medal but they would die with in a few years would they still want it and some of them said yes.

I seriously think that beeing that big (maybe not as big as Jay or Ronnie) is absolutly breathtaking, you must feel awesome invisible and
just strong.
But has anybody acutally bothered at finding these guys that have been in Flex or MD Years and years ago? The once we have never heard of again?
i would like to see an Interview with them and if it was worth it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »
Why wouldnt it be worth it?
Z

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »
begin with.

both Ronnie and Jay have made a small fortune doing something that they love doing..you can't beat that as a career
Here comes the money shot

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
both Ronnie and Jay have made a small fortune doing something that they love doing..you can't beat that as a career

But Money doesn't give you your health back, times ticking, and I know there is no right or wrong answer,

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
But Money doesn't give you your health back, times ticking, and I know there is no right or wrong answer,

There are lots of ppl that get health problems without any of the good stuff these pros got

hard labor = bad knees, joints etc
drunks = liver, kidneys

and so on, no glory for these ppl. ALL NEGATIVES!

so the BBs, they at least have something to show for it you know...
tank u jesus

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »
Which bodybuilders competing in the chemical era (post 1991) are past 50 and still with us?  I can think of Lou Ferrigno, although he was only in that period briefly.  Sonny Schmidt and Don Youngblood are both dead.  Any others?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »
i would bet ronnie will be using large amounts of gear until the day he dies, the man absolutly loves lifting "light weights baby"

jay on the other hand, will probably not be into the hardcore lifting lifestyle after he retires

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »
begin with.
i recentluy heard from  a pretty solid source that ronnie does 35 iu's of slin per day. no joke.

....but i thought milos said anything over 5iu's per day was a waste???
lol...

ronnies a fucking savage for the doseages he takes.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »
dude..I know tons of people that do "recreational" drugs as part of their daily lives. I know tons of people that eat at mcdonalds and other fast food joints on a regular basis.

there are people that do drugs, eat fast food, drink and don't work out..oddly enough they are the ones that will live the longest

* I am sure that working 20 years on a construction site can't be good for you long term. 

* I am sure that most of the every day products that we use are destroying us

* how the fuck can a microwave be safe?  :-\

long story short: enjoy life

Here comes the money shot

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »

Wenn Jay wirklich dieses Jahr nach der 3. Sandow aufhört wie er gesagt hat (mit 35?) kommt er vielleicht gesundheitlich mit nem blauen Auge davon.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »
Which bodybuilders competing in the chemical era (post 1991) are past 50 and still with us?  I can think of Lou Ferrigno, although he was only in that period briefly.  Sonny Schmidt and Don Youngblood are both dead.  Any others?

Interesting observation as usual Matt. 

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 07:14:37 PM »

Did Milos actully say that anything over 5 I.U.s is a waste? If he did he is a complete jackass for making a statement like this to the public...

I had a brief conversation with Hide a few months ago... he told me that Milos had him and the rest of the IFBB pros he trained take 15 I.U.s pre workout then another 15 I.U.s post workout!! A staggering amount to be sure... this was in addition to his Vitargo/creatine/glutamine/amino acid shakes...

M!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:35:49 PM »
dude..I know tons of people that do "recreational" drugs as part of their daily lives. I know tons of people that eat at mcdonalds and other fast food joints on a regular basis.

there are people that do drugs, eat fast food, drink and don't work out..oddly enough they are the ones that will live the longest

* I am sure that working 20 years on a construction site can't be good for you long term. 

* I am sure that most of the every day products that we use are destroying us

* how the fuck can a microwave be safe?  :-\

long story short: enjoy life

Couldn't agree more.

People that talk about Jay's and Ronnie's lives being shortened don't get it. It's all about enjoying what you do, and I bet Jay and Ronnie are satisfied with life and their careers. Some may not approve, but I doubt they care.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 07:47:24 PM »
i recentluy heard from  a pretty solid source that ronnie does 35 iu's of slin per day. no joke.

....but i thought milos said anything over 5iu's per day was a waste???
lol...

ronnies a fucking savage for the doseages he takes.

who?
O

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »
my take

Ronnie will train until the end...One can tell he just loves to train...Nobody can like to go that heavy all the time and not love training...Ronnie has a certain peace to him...He could blow thru all his money and live in a one bedroom apartment and would probably be content as long as he has access to a gym

Jay on the other hand trains because he has to(the demons in his head make him do it)...I think he is a head case who like alot of bodybuilders won't really know what to do with himself when its all said and done...I think stress will get the best of Jay and probably put him down for good...

So Ronnie will have no regrets and Jay on the other hand may just end up in a padded room...

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 12:04:43 AM »
How do you (all) know Ronnie and Jay will die at 50?  Keith Richards and Ozzie are still around.  Dont tell me their bodies and brains arent f##ked up.  As with cigarettes...once you quit...you get years back on your life.  The body does natural repair work.  Just make sure they dont out live some of you fools.
Oh...Monica!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »
my take

Ronnie will train until the end...One can tell he just loves to train...Nobody can like to go that heavy all the time and not love training...Ronnie has a certain peace to him...He could blow thru all his money and live in a one bedroom apartment and would probably be content as long as he has access to a gym

Jay on the other hand trains because he has to(the demons in his head make him do it)...I think he is a head case who like alot of bodybuilders won't really know what to do with himself when its all said and done...I think stress will get the best of Jay and probably put him down for good...

So Ronnie will have no regrets and Jay on the other hand may just end up in a padded room...

Would have to disagree on the Jay.  Yep...he does it for the money but he also has someone to look forward to when the day is done...if she dont leave him.  Then...I could see him looking around for something.  Ronnie just has the small town Southern thing going on...so he'll be ok with or w/out.  If his woman isnt a fake...he should be ok in Arlington doing the PT police thing, enjoying his cash, hitting gym and relaxing.  If she takes him to the cleaners...then he'll be looking for Alti who should have been 1st team.

Peace.
Oh...Monica!

Jussup

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 12:59:40 AM »
My take: Both Jay and Ronnie will be fine due to their horse genetics. If they didn't have those genetics, they would already have been harmed a long time ago.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »
begin with.

What's wrong with their health and what can you prove?

We still see most bodybuilders from the 70's living a healthy life. And back then we knew nothing about drugs.

It's not as bad as it looks. They are not regular users, they know their shit.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »
My take: Both Jay and Ronnie will be fine due to their horse genetics. If they didn't have those genetics, they would already have been harmed a long time ago.

Ronnie has almost a decade on Jay...A lot can go wrong with Jay in the next 10 years...Hopefully not though...They are all testing there constitutions for sure...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 01:30:48 AM »
As long as when they retire, they retire everything. Im sure that if Jay were to retire in the next few years and no more gear, he shouldn't have done too much damage to himself. We can all say that they will not make it past 50, but we don't know anything. There smart, they'll know whats best for them.
No doubt about it...