Author Topic: Cause of Benoit's suicide not drugs, but maybe brain damage from concussions.  (Read 1959 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
According to a press article  http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/cbc_dead_wrestler  Chris Benoit suffered brain damage from years of concussions as a wrestler. This makes more sense than blaming steroids, which I have never accepted as a cause for violence.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/cbc_dead_wrestler

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Cause of Benoit's suicide not drugs. Brain damage was the cause.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »
WWE paid a lot of money so they dont blame roids else the show would be over  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »
it doesn't matter the masses will still blame steroids

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
WWE paid a lot of money so they dont blame roids else the show would be over  ;D

wouldn't they be responsible for his concussions?

E
E

sachito

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
if steroids could cause such rage as to cause a person to commit murder then you would have seen mass killings being done by pro bodybuilders. drugs like prozac are much more dangerous. ,most school killings were commited by kids on drugs like prozac. i dont see the media covering that

bigj2k3

• Getbig II
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
The rooster crowed and the sun came up. Therefore, the rooster crowing causes the sun to come up.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
While it is easy to dismiss wrestling as entertainment it is a dangerous profession. The moves done by the wrestlers today are high risk moves unlike the simple stuff years ago. Relatively small guys like Benoit would have had his share of knocks from bigger guys. All that falling and so takes its toll on the body. Most of us just assumed they knew what they were doing but I guess they make mistakes and hurt themselves plenty. It is rather worrying to read that Benoit had the brain of an old man. Whatever that means. Goodness knows what brain damage can do to behaviour and emotions.

Another sport that seems dangerous is platform diving. I doubt the brain was made to withstand constant impacts those athletes receive when they hit the water.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
More info on line re Benoit. Interviews with Bret Hart and others. Interesting read.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/fighttothedeath/

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
According to a press article  http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/cbc_dead_wrestler  Chris Benoit suffered brain damage from years of concussions as a wrestler. This makes more sense than blaming steroids, which I have never accepted as a cause for violence.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/cbc_dead_wrestler

Vince,

Is there any chance I could talk you into covering yourself in pig blood and swimming in a shark infested reef?
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »
The rooster crowed and the sun came up. Therefore, the rooster crowing causes the sun to come up.
We're talkin causes of death not roosters buddy   ;D

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
haahah that is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard... Brain Damage doesn't make you strangle your kids and then hang yourself from your home gym... It is obvious years of drug use ie- pain killers, benzos, steroids etc all added to his mental problems and he killed his family because he was a fucking mess, not because of brain damage.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
It really makes sense in the case of Chris Benoit.  One of his signature moves is adiving headbut that doesn't hurt the other wrestler, but it definitely smacks the guy doing it.  Considering they are basically doing matches up to 250 nights a year, that's a lot of bumps.

Also, brain damage has a lot of research correlating it with agression and violent behavior.  Look at estimates of prisoners vs. the normal population in proportions with head trauma.  It's actually a fairly robust finding but has very few policy implications.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
It really makes sense in the case of Chris Benoit.  One of his signature moves is adiving headbut that doesn't hurt the other wrestler, but it definitely smacks the guy doing it.  Considering they are basically doing matches up to 250 nights a year, that's a lot of bumps.

Also, brain damage has a lot of research correlating it with agression and violent behavior.  Look at estimates of prisoners vs. the normal population in proportions with head trauma.  It's actually a fairly robust finding but has very few policy implications.
Your exactly right but all the uninformed cry steroids

LATS

• Getbig IV
 FOR REAL.. it makes alot of sense.. if he was suffering from dementia, which the autopsy concluded, the killings would make sense.. leaving bibles out  ect shows signs of a loss of reality.. those with demetia can be prone to violence

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Yes it might be true, i blame my depression too on the numerous concussions and times i hit my head off te floor and landing with my head on the streets during bikecycling. Its just a matter of time before i snatch some guys Nixon camera at the beach.

bigj2k3

• Getbig II
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:56:30 PM »
We're talkin causes of death not roosters buddy   ;D
I was referring to the method of reasoning.