Author Topic: Shaqs going to the pheonix Suns!!  (Read 1462 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
Re: Shaqs going to the pheonix Suns!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 10:42:59 PM »
talk about a reaction move...Shaq can barely move...What a horrible idea...Unless it lights a match under him or they only play him in the 2nd half...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
atleast he will finish his career going to the playoffs, it may work but not if his the main man offensively.

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »
he is going to get winded so fast with phoenix style of run and gun offense...I do not think is a wise trade decision

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »
he is going to get winded so fast with phoenix style of run and gun offense...I do not think is a wise trade decision
  if shaq goes there they will have to make little adjustments, i dont think Shaq will be on the floor for more then 25 mins, in the playoffs is where they can use him when the game slows down

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:00:30 PM »
That guy's still playing ?!? damn, I remember when he just came to the NBA... still have his rookie cards somewhere.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

This one caught me completely off-guard...I don't see it as a good deal for Phoenix, but I do like the big fella.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
This one caught me completely off-guard...I don't see it as a good deal for Phoenix, but I do like the big fella.
the nba analysts seem to thinks it ok, Shawn marion is leaving after this year anyway and he dont want to be there (with the Suns)
 Shaq gets to play on a team full of scorer's and makes the playoffs, all he has to do is pass and help Defend Duncan and gasol and clog the lane,

Maybe nash can re ignite shaq???

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »
I dont blame Shaq going to the Suns plus they are going to the playoffs. On the other hand the Heat are not.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 11:55:21 PM »
If he gets halfway back in shape...Nash will feed him 20 pts a game with 30 mins of court time...which is all they will need from him.  This is like Moss going to NE.  He can only help them.
Oh...Monica!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »
If he gets halfway back in shape...Nash will feed him 20 pts a game with 30 mins of court time...which is all they will need from him.  This is like Moss going to NE.  He can only help them.

Couldnt stay in shape for the lakers, couldnt stay in shape for the heat, I dont expect any change now he is older.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »
Couldnt stay in shape for the lakers, couldnt stay in shape for the heat, I dont expect any change now he is older.
its all wishful thinking, i hope he can recharge himself and run, play defense and stay out of foul trouble, i'd love to see him win another one, but cant the suns get a better deal then Shaq???? anyhow, i hope it works out well

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:30 AM »
ring # 5 for shaq!  Seriously the suns just needed a small piece to make the leap, and yes shaq is a mere shadow of his former self but the guy is still averaging almost 15 points a game, with nash running the show that could easily go back up to 20 even in only 25 minutes a game.  Move Amare over to power forward because he's not really a center anyway and all of a sudden the suns have a dominant frontcourt, something they were lacking to compete with teams like the spurs and the jazz who have beat the suns up down low.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »
shaq is juiced, always has been.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »
why is shawn marion leaving town?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »
why is shawn marion leaving town?
he wants to be the only star, the kobe syndrome

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »
hahaha, i hope they do get him, having shaq is like throwing a wrench into their offensive engine -which is entirely dependant on speed and athleticism. it will only make the frustrated cries of the Buns fans even more satisfying when they get raped in the playoffs yet again this year hahahaha.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 01:04:42 PM »
Financially this deal makes sense for both teams

1. Miami was going nowhere and owed Shaq $40 mill over the next 2 years.
- he literally had them handcuffed from making any moves to improve.
- If they kept him it would have taken 2 years to get him off the cap and gotten nothing in return

2. Marion wanted max money in phoenix, clearly he weren't part their long term planw
- all indications are that marion will opt out of his contract this summer, leaving the suns with nothing in return. If he opts out this summer than that is even better news for miami! immediate cap space

- Pheonix has pushed all their chips in and hoping to capitalize on the small window left in shaqs career. Combined with Nash having 2-3 years anyway left anyway..this makes sense.

- if he can "play big" in the playoffs teams will have to adjust to shaw, when he is on the floor.. you can't just stick a 6-9 guy on him, you have to double him.
I

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »
it was Shaq that asked for the trade, dont believe the media, shaq knows his time is up, he wants one more ring, or atleast go to the playoffs, Miami will do neither..Go get em shaq.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »
ITS OFFICIAL..