Author Topic: It's official: GetBig endorses Obama  (Read 2571 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
It's official: GetBig endorses Obama
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:55:09 AM »

TRUE Americans' new mantra:

"Keeping Hillary out of the White House BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY"

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: It's official: GetBig endorses Obama
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »
TRUE Americans' new mantra:

"Keeping Hillary out of the White House BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY"

are you one of those tools that thinks Hillary is the Devil?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:10:31 AM »
are you one of those tools that thinks Hillary is the Devil?

She's too mediocre to be the devil.  She's just plain ol' boring....

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:10:48 AM »
I sure as fuck wouldn't endorse either

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »
I sure as fuck wouldn't endorse either

Yeah, cause the other candidates are so fuckin amazing. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »

America needs a lot of love right now and Obama is the man to get done.

Plus think of it this way, how old is Hilleray again? Did they confirm that she had her menopause already? If not you
could have potential issue on your hand, a President who has the rags once a month for 1-2 weeks? Not good
if you need a calm a level head.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:14:12 AM »
Yeah Obama seems cool - if I were American I'd probably vote for him.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
Obama is the phoniest motherfuccker of any of these "candidates", so transparent when he points his skinny anorexic finger at the sky and looks to the heavens like the next coming of Martin Luther King and says, "a chaaaaaaaannnnnnggggggge eeeeeee is coming to America". ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
yeah he really should bulk up. he doesnt look healthy.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:29 AM »
McCain? Now there you have a future disaster waiting for America ::)
The guy is what 71 years old? you better make sure his vice president is not Mexican lol.

I hope he isn't taking Steroids.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:47 AM »
mc cain is a little infidel.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »
I ain't American but i'm strongly routing for Hillary to be the next President of the United States.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:19:01 AM »
yeah he really should bulk up. he doesnt look healthy.

maybe Obama doesn't believe in cell tech?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
I ain't American but i'm strongly routing for Hillary to be the next President of the United States.

hahaha gayer than woman rights.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »
hahaha gayer than woman rights.

ummm it's because i want Bill to be the defacto President

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:24:25 AM »

We don't need that dynasty shit.

Also, it's "rooting" not "routing".

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »

Bill cumalot :D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »

Haha. Hillary had LA mayor Villaraigosa campaigning for her.  She must have a thing for men who cheat.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »
maybe Obama doesn't believe in cell tech?

All BSN.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 09:31:15 AM »
Barack Hussein Obama...............Can't see it happening.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 09:31:22 AM »
I thought we were endorsing McCain?  Gh15 already has, obviously.

While I agree with Tre that we need to keep Hillary out of the white house,  I think "Crazy John" is a better choice than "Obama who?"
Ron: "I am lazy."

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »
Obama's Big Screen Test
MAUREEN DOWD
Maureen Dowd Op-Ed column on gala fund-raiser for Barack Obama in Hollywood, where senator made entrance unmatched since Scarlett O'Hara; reports that David Geffen, Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg's party raised $1.3 million and hackles of Hillary Clinton; quotes Geffen's view that she is too polarizing, too produced and too scripted to match 'inspirational' Obama as Democrat who could win presidency (M)

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. Hillary is not David Geffen's dreamgirl.

''Whoever is the nominee is going to win, so the stakes are very high,'' says Mr. Geffen , the Hollywood mogul and sultan of ''Dreamgirls,'' as he sits by a crackling fire beneath a Jasper Johns flag and a matched pair of de Koonings in the house that Jack Warner built (which old-time Hollywood stars joked was the house that God would have built). ''Not since the Vietnam War has there been this level of disappointment in the behavior of America throughout the world, and I don't think that another incredibly polarizing figure, no matter how smart she is and no matter how ambitious she is -- and God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton? -- can bring the country together.

''Obama is inspirational, and he's not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family. Americans are dying every day in Iraq. And I'm tired of hearing James Carville on television.''

Barack Obama has made an entrance in Hollywood unmatched since Scarlett O'Hara swept into the Twelve Oaks barbecue. Instead of the Tarleton twins, the Illinois senator is flirting with the DreamWorks trio: Mr. Geffen, Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg, who gave him a party last night that raised $1.3 million and Hillary's hackles.

She didn't stand outside the gates to the Geffen mansion, where glitterati wolfed down Wolfgang Puck savories, singing the Jennifer Hudson protest anthem ''And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going.'' But she's not exactly Little Miss Sunshine, either. Hillary loyalists have hissed at defecting donors to remember the good old days of jumping on the Lincoln Bedroom bed.

''Hillary is livid that Obama's getting the first big fund-raiser here,'' one friend of hers said.

Who can pay attention to the Oscar battle between ''The Queen'' and ''Dreamgirls'' when you've got a political battle between a Queen and a Dreamboy?

Terry McAuliffe and First Groupie Bill have tried to hoard the best A.T.M. machine in politics for the Missus, but there's some Clinton fatigue among fatigued Clinton donors, who fret that Bill will ''pull the focus'' and shelve his wife's campaign.

''I don't think anybody believes that in the last six years, all of a sudden Bill Clinton has become a different person,'' Mr. Geffen says, adding that if Republicans are digging up dirt, they'll wait until Hillary's the nominee to use it. ''I think they believe she's the easiest to defeat.''

She is overproduced and overscripted. ''It's not a very big thing to say, 'I made a mistake' on the war, and typical of Hillary Clinton that she can't,'' Mr. Geffen says. ''She's so advised by so many smart advisers who are covering every base. I think that America was better served when the candidates were chosen in smoke-filled rooms.''

The babble here is not about ''Babel''; it's about the battle of the billionaires. Not only have Ron Burkle and David Geffen been vying to buy The Los Angeles Times -- they have been vying to raise money for competing candidates. Mr. Burkle, a supermarket magnate, is close to the Clintons, and is helping Hillary parry Barry Obama by arranging a fund-raiser for her in March, with a contribution from Mr. Spielberg.

Did Mr. Spielberg get in trouble with the Clintons for helping Senator Obama? ''Yes,'' Mr. Geffen replies, slyly. Can Obambi stand up to Clinton Inc.? ''I hope so,'' he says, ''because that machine is going to be very unpleasant and unattractive and effective.''

Once, David Geffen and Bill Clinton were tight as ticks. Mr. Geffen helped raise some $18 million for Bill and slept in the Lincoln Bedroom twice. Bill chilled at Chateau Geffen. Now, the DreamWorks co-chairman calls the former president ''a reckless guy'' who ''gave his enemies a lot of ammunition to hurt him and to distract the country.''

They fell out in 2001, when Mr. Clinton gave a pardon to Marc Rich after rebuffing Mr. Geffen's request for one for Leonard Peltier. ''Marc Rich getting pardoned? An oil-profiteer expatriate who left the country rather than pay taxes or face justice?'' Mr. Geffen says. ''Yet another time when the Clintons were unwilling to stand for the things that they genuinely believe in. Everybody in politics lies, but they do it with such ease, it's troubling.''

The mogul knows it's easy to mock Hollywood -- ''people with Priuses and private planes'' -- and agrees with George Clooney that it's probably not helpful for stars to campaign for candidates, given the caricatures of Hollywood.

I ask what he will say if he ever runs into Bill Clinton again. '' 'Hi,' '' he replies. And will he be upset if Hillary wins and he never gets to sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom again?

''No,'' he says with a puckish smile. ''It's not as nice as my bedroom.''

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »

Getbig endorses no one, but if it would, it would be a Republican! McCain-Huckabee 2008! 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
Getbig endorses no one, but if it would, it would be a Republican! McCain-Huckabee 2008! 

LOL @ Ron!

If McCain gets the nomination, he will win.  The Republicans did a GREAT job of putting a stop to Romney and the Mormon onslaught. 

The Democrats have not done the same to Hillary. 

Thankfully, McCain isn't a talk radio conservative and that's good for America. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 10:04:52 AM »

Wow I'm surprised Ron, i would have figured you for an Obama man :(