Author Topic: Pride - All drugs?  (Read 4711 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Pride - All drugs?
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »
Who do you reckon outta the Pride fighters were juiced to the grills? Or maybe it's easier to ask who WASN'T?

Any comparison between UFC fighters and Pride fighters is of course unfair, thats like comparing how a natural bodybuilder would do competing against a professional bodybuilder.

And as soon as the Pride fighters left Japan and the drugs behind to fight in the UFC the majority of them started losing... what a coincidence!  ::)

The Pride fanboys posted all over the web that Shogun didn't lose - he gassed! Well I wonder why that was? He came off a nearly perfect record in Pride, but as soon as he stepped into the Octagon - he gassed and got choked out by TUF winner Forrest Griffin!

When Kevin Randleman who had been fighting for many years in Pride went to the US to fight for Pride 32 in Vegas, he failed the drug test.

On the same show, Vitor Belfort (straight outta Pride) tested positive for steroids.

And Pride fighter Pawel Nastula tested positive for steroids and a number of banned substances.

That's three Pride fighters caught - on the same show! (not all fighters on that show were drug tested)

On the same card was Josh Barnett, who got caught using steroids after UFC 37 - and then went to fight in Japan where they don't test for drugs  ::)

Crocop, was taking names in Japan... knocking out Wanderlei and beating Josh Barnett... he was at the absolute top of his game, he comes to the US and gets fed Eddie Sanchez and manages to get the TKO... then fights twice more in the UFC and gets knocked the fuck out and lose 2 outta 2!
Well people say Crocop didn't look the same he did in Pride... but it's only 7 months between him beating Josh and getting KO'ed by Gonzaga... and he's only 33 years old. So what can change so much in this little time? Hmm...!
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Pride - All drugs?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
MMANews.com: What are your thoughts on Paulo Filho?

Dan Henderson: I don't think he has been very impressive in his last two performances since coming to the US but I think that's what not being able to use Steroids will do to you.

MMANews.com: Are you saying Filho may be a juicer?

Dan Henderson: Well that's my opinion anyway. He hasn't looked good since he left Pride.

MMANews.com: Was steroid abuse a problem in Pride?

Dan Henderson: People didn't get tested.

MMANews.com: So I suppose if you can get away with it why not.

Dan Henderson: Exactly.
Z

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »
All drugs. Wanderlei in most of his non title or non tournament bouts where there was no weigh in was probably more like 220 or 230 and faught like a wild animal.

Another factor to consider is working the octagon, its much harder to corner and cut guys off than it is a ring which is makes many of these guys less devistating because theres more room for people to escape vicious beatdowns.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
Who do you reckon outta the Pride fighters were juiced to the grills? Or maybe it's easier to ask who WASN'T?

Any comparison between UFC fighters and Pride fighters is of course unfair, thats like comparing how a natural bodybuilder would do competing against a professional bodybuilder.

And as soon as the Pride fighters left Japan and the drugs behind to fight in the UFC the majority of them started losing... what a coincidence!  ::)

The Pride fanboys posted all over the web that Shogun didn't lose - he gassed! Well I wonder why that was? He came off a nearly perfect record in Pride, but as soon as he stepped into the Octagon - he gassed and got choked out by TUF winner Forrest Griffin!

When Kevin Randleman who had been fighting for many years in Pride went to the US to fight for Pride 32 in Vegas, he failed the drug test.

On the same show, Vitor Belfort (straight outta Pride) tested positive for steroids.

And Pride fighter Pawel Nastula tested positive for steroids and a number of banned substances.

That's three Pride fighters caught - on the same show! (not all fighters on that show were drug tested)

On the same card was Josh Barnett, who got caught using steroids after UFC 37 - and then went to fight in Japan where they don't test for drugs  ::)

Crocop, was taking names in Japan... knocking out Wanderlei and beating Josh Barnett... he was at the absolute top of his game, he comes to the US and gets fed Eddie Sanchez and manages to get the TKO... then fights twice more in the UFC and gets knocked the fuck out and lose 2 outta 2!
Well people say Crocop didn't look the same he did in Pride... but it's only 7 months between him beating Josh and getting KO'ed by Gonzaga... and he's only 33 years old. So what can change so much in this little time? Hmm...!

A lot of good points there Bluto.
E

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:51:44 AM »
Good topic...i always thought the Pride guys were using AAS. Many of them looked completely different when they came over to the UFC.

8)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:12:22 AM »
Good topic...i always thought the Pride guys were using AAS. Many of them looked completely different when they came over to the UFC.

8)

UFC fighters use AAS also.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »

Yes but it's a world of difference compared to Pride. They have no testing whatsoever. And Pride used to pay the most - a lot at stake there.

Look at someone like Josh Barnett getting caught on steroids in the US in 2002 then going to Japan to fight - that basically means he can be on steroids constantly for 5 years straight with nothing interfering. He can have a whole other approach to fighting, training etc because of that and that just wouldn't be possible if he fought regularly in the US for UFC.

Look at someone like Mark Coleman, would he be able to even get in the ring at his age without steroids, painkillers etc?

Now if a juiced up fighter fights another juiced up fighter in Pride, I don't have a problem with that.

But when you compare that juiced up Pride fighter with a natural from the UFC well that's one hell of a unfair comparison.
Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Well I guess Randy Couture should not be the UFC champ.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
I don't see the problem in using Steroids/performance enhancers, I think the problem is with the fucking nevada state commission and all they're b.s rules and regulations, why don't they fuck off and let people be, instead of going on this steroid witch hunt... shit, most of the guys in the UFC juice anyways or use some form of gh/etc.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
So what do you thinks the odds are that Fedor is full of drugs?

Pretty high huh?
Z

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »

Pretty high huh?

I dont think so. Im sure he used in pride but its not like he is an athlete where his career is dependant on it like Belfort and Randleman. Probably used for recovery but not like Wandy who would float 30 lbs depending on who he was fighting.

As of late he has become lazy and just lets the opponent take him to the ground so he can armbar them. Doesnt seem to be much battle in him anymore.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Yup, so its an even playing field.

Now its the Pride fighters who will have to adjust to UFC fighters that are on growth, short esters injectables, halotestin, cheque drops etc.

When they make the full adjustment, the other 2 belts will be Prides!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 03:14:08 PM »
I dont think so. Im sure he used in pride but its not like he is an athlete where his career is dependant on it like Belfort and Randleman. Probably used for recovery but not like Wandy who would float 30 lbs depending on who he was fighting.

As of late he has become lazy and just lets the opponent take him to the ground so he can armbar them. Doesnt seem to be much battle in him anymore.

I don't know man, if every other fighter in Pride uses he would be a fool not to if it can give him an advantage, any advantage. At that level, with that kinda money...

From what I can remember there's been a no of fighters caught that haven't "looked" it.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »
Yup, so its an even playing field.

Now its the Pride fighters who will have to adjust to UFC fighters that are on growth, short esters injectables, halotestin, cheque drops etc.

When they make the full adjustment, the other 2 belts will be Prides!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Let's see... we have one organization where a lot of people are tested and caught. And one organization where no people are tested and caught. That's an even playing field?  ::)
Z

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »
Most of the guys from Pride were on gear, no shocking secret there.

The UFC's top fighters were/are on gear. They just know how to beat the drug testing were the guys in Pride came juiced up with no worries of a drug test when they fought in Pride.

So now, they must adjust and use the same tricks as the UFC fighters.

So the other 2 belts await. ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »
Oh I see... they came unprepared to the US and didn't mind losing!

I hope they learn the tricks of the UFC fighters fast... Crocop after 3 fights still hasn't learned it seems  :-\

Maybe he can diet down and take the welterweight title!  :D

That would be awesome!

bluto.since you're so into this whole roid thing, do some research and post names of guys that came over from pride with thier records in the UFC

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 04:02:44 PM »
bluto.since you're so into this whole roid thing, do some research and post names of guys that came over from pride with thier records in the UFC

you wanna know which pride fighters lost since they came to the ufc from pride?
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »
I can tell you that pride fighters are 7-0 in title fights since the UFC acquisition.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »
Let's see... we have one organization where a lot of people are tested and caught. And one organization where no people are tested and caught. That's an even playing field?  ::)

Yes, considering Sherk and the other lying homo both tested positive in the same fight and end up vacating a belt. Good argument slick!

You forget that PRIDE had 2 US events and less people tested positive than the average UFC event. Wandy and Hendo both passed.  ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Yes, considering Sherk and the other lying #### both tested positive in the same fight and end up vacating a belt. Good argument slick!

You forget that PRIDE had 2 US events and less people tested positive than the average UFC event. Wandy and Hendo both passed.  ;D

I've allready covered this earlier in this thread.

My argument is still solid and stands.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
I've allready covered this earlier in this thread.

My argument is still solid and stands.

I thought I told you I don't read past the first sentence of your posts. 99.99% of them are an obsessive, guy-fueled meltdown that isn't worth my time. Glad we got this out of the way again.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 04:47:59 PM »
I can tell you that pride fighters are 7-0 in title fights since the UFC acquisition.

Hendo lost to Rampage.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »
Hendo lost to Rampage.

Great point, what with them both being Pride fighters and all.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 04:52:52 PM »
Great point, what with them both being Pride fighters and all.

Just saying that would make them 7-1.
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 04:57:42 PM »

Pretty high huh?

ALL DRUGS. ::)