Author Topic: Heath Ledger: Cause of Death. Steroids were  (Read 3026 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Heath Ledger: Cause of Death. Steroids were
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:32:17 AM »
not involved.

Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is a widely used prescription painkiller.

Borakove wouldn't say what concentrations of each drug were found in Ledger's blood, or whether one drug played a greater part than another in causing his death.

"What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together," she said.

The ruling comes two weeks after the 28-year-old Australian-born actor was found dead in the bed of his rented SoHo apartment. Police found bottles of six types of prescription drugs in his bedroom and bathroom.

Ledger's family returned to the actor's hometown of Perth, Australia, on Tuesday to prepare for his funeral. Arrangements were private.

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, the actor's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Heath Ledger: Cause of Death. Steroids were
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »

He took all that other shit to mask his steroid use.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »
Thanks god it wasn't Steroids, I think half of the god people on this board would have fainted
if confronted with another Steroid related death :D

KIDS!!! Steroids are good for you keep the dosage high Rock & Roll.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »
not involved.

Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is a widely used prescription painkiller.

Borakove wouldn't say what concentrations of each drug were found in Ledger's blood, or whether one drug played a greater part than another in causing his death.

"What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together," she said.

The ruling comes two weeks after the 28-year-old Australian-born actor was found dead in the bed of his rented SoHo apartment. Police found bottles of six types of prescription drugs in his bedroom and bathroom.

Ledger's family returned to the actor's hometown of Perth, Australia, on Tuesday to prepare for his funeral. Arrangements were private.

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, the actor's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

accidental, lmao...

what a stupid idiot he must have been to take all this shit at once. I understand the pain his dad goes through, but i bet my ass i wasn't low doses. High doses over a longer period of time suits better.

Darwinism at his best.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:07:29 AM »
accidental, lmao...

what a stupid idiot he must have been to take all this shit at once. I understand the pain his dad goes through, but i bet my ass i wasn't low doses. High doses over a longer period of time suits better.

Darwinism at his best.

hahaha I didn't even see that, Accidental :D :D

Oh look I accidentally popped 20 Valium, Holy shit I cannot help myself, I actually wanted to take only 2 but
there were like 10 and I thought they were 2.

yeah lets make it sound like he wasn't so disgusted with himself his family who must have been a great help and his life
that the only option for him was to overdose.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »
Yet our government still has focus on steroids and GH...

What a waste.

8)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »

What a waste.

8)

nah come on, the medias make it seem so, but they put much more focus on Class A drugs than on GH and Steroids.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

What a waste.

8)

actually they have a focus on ALL drugs and prescription medication.

a dying hollywood star that obtained the stuff legally is not a government problem.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:29:33 AM »
actually they have a focus on ALL drugs and prescription medication.

a dying hollywood star that obtained the stuff legally is not a government problem.

How do you know he obtained it ALL legally?

I've never heard of legit doctors prescribing all that to a single person.

8)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 09:32:27 AM »

8)

I bet he did a lot of other shit on the side as well, weed, coke, speed, whatever.

Then i guess he had 4-5 doctors to prescribe to him. Nearly all addicts do that. get a 2 month supply here, and a 2 months supply there, and some other stuff at the 3rd doctor. He had the money and travelled a lot.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »

8)

Well you can save that shit up right?

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »
This is just going to be accepted because Americans accept rec drug use.
but MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD if there were any steroids involved. GH15 Is Correct once again.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »
This is just going to be accepted because Americans accept rec drug use.
but MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD if there were any steroids involved. GH15 Is Correct once again.

BS, you're talking out of your (steroid pinned) ass.

It was LEGAL medication, he just overdosed. What's about it?

It has nothing to do with organized crime networks selling prescription hormones for BB purpose.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »
not involved.

WTF is that? Accidental overdose of 5 different drugs? thats like saying he accidently shot, stabbed, suffocated and burned someones body...accidental my ass