Author Topic: Al Qaeda seen planning attack on U.S.  (Read 2631 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Al Qaeda seen planning attack on U.S.
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080206/NATION/604494540/1001

Senior al Qaeda leaders have diverted operatives from Iraq across the globe and are increasing preparations to strike the United States, senior intelligence officials told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence yesterday. They said the terrorists had plans to attack the White House as recently as 2006.

"It [al Qaeda] probably will continue to devote some effort towards honoring bin Laden's request in 2005 that al Qaeda attempt to strike the United States, affirmed publicly by current al Qaeda leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri in a November 2006 threat against the White House," he said.

Let me guess..threat overblown..they're making it up right. Lets not worry..maybe they need a hug instead..its all Bush's fault...we created AQ..we let Bin Laden go...did I miss anything.  ::)
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Al Qaeda seen planning attack on U.S.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »
Yeah, you missed us having them in Afghanistan right before we decided to go into Iraq.

You also missed that plans don't mean shit, and that's it's a given that they would have "plans".

You also missed that it's a no brainier "they all want to kill us"

You also missed that the 500 billion spent on iraq would have gone a long way in securing our borders.

You also missed that for over 6 years our airports have been fucking wide open to attack along with wide open borders and yet no attack.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
Yeah, you missed us having them in Afghanistan right before we decided to go into Iraq.

You also missed that plans don't mean shit, and that's it's a given that they would have "plans".

You also missed that the 500 billion spent on iraq would have gone a long way in securing our borders.

You also missed that for over 6 years our airports have been fucking wide open to attack along with wide open borders and yet no attack.

Do u think the Dems will do anything about any of this....They want to leave Iraq...right about the time that we're winning. AQ is about done in Iraq.  Let them regroup  and see what happens here.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:56:28 AM »
Do u think the Dems will do anything about any of this....They want to leave Iraq...right about the time that we're winning. AQ is about done in Iraq.  Let them regroup  and see what happens here.

I really don't think we are leaving Iraq regardless of who's office.   I think leaving Iraq would be a mistake.  But the real mistake was going in there in the first place and the other mistake is going in there with a crappy after war plan. 

Another thing is AQ regroups no matter what happens.   It's silly to think Iraq is where all of AQ is.  they are in all those middle east coutries in some capacity or another.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:59:27 AM »
We have seen what happens if we don't squash them. They were able to come back a bit in Afghanistan....They are getting a better toehold in Africa. I don't diagree with ur first line...I think the AQ foilks who plan attacks abroad are pulling out of Iraq..they've lost to many smart people that they can't replace...there are plenty of martyr's but guys who plan 911 attacks are few and far between.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080206/NATION/604494540/1001

Senior al Qaeda leaders have diverted operatives from Iraq across the globe and are increasing preparations to strike the United States, senior intelligence officials told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence yesterday. They said the terrorists had plans to attack the White House as recently as 2006.

"It [al Qaeda] probably will continue to devote some effort towards honoring bin Laden's request in 2005 that al Qaeda attempt to strike the United States, affirmed publicly by current al Qaeda leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri in a November 2006 threat against the White House," he said.

Let me guess..threat overblown..they're making it up right. Lets not worry..maybe they need a hug instead..its all Bush's fault...we created AQ..we let Bin Laden go...did I miss anything.  ::)
BOOOOOOOO!  Scare ya :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 10:17:50 AM »
We have seen what happens if we don't squash them. They were able to come back a bit in Afghanistan....They are getting a better toehold in Africa. I don't diagree with ur first line...I think the AQ foilks who plan attacks abroad are pulling out of Iraq..they've lost to many smart people that they can't replace...there are plenty of martyr's but guys who plan 911 attacks are few and far between.

That partially my point with Brixbulldog on another thread.  The people they are losing in Iraq are mostly fodder.  Guys that can plan and carry out 9/11 like attacks are no where in Iraq.  No point in having them there.   They are either unable to carry operations in the USA or are actively crossing our borders.   Because there has been no attack in 6 years it really make me question the current level of the threat.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »
Neither Hilary nor Obama has said we'll "leave" iraq.

Both were criticized for it, by their own party, for refusing to promise we can be out by 2013.

This means they know that the bases will stay there, and we'll always have forces there to keep them safe.  Why would we walk away from bases in such a good location, especially with Saudi pressure to leave their nation?

Both Hilary and Obama know we'll be in Iraq for decades.  Headhunter, when you say, "They want to leave Iraq..." I think you're regurgitating FOX news and not thinking for yourself.  They're pandering to their voting base- but they STILL won't promise to leave.  Which means it's a pretty permanent occupation. They're born liars, and they won't even lie about that to the group who would guarantee them a victory if they did.

AQ is always planning attacks, and we're always going to be hunting and killing them.  It's that simple.  The problem many have is when these foiled plans are rubbed in the face of helpless Americans to scare them into voting for a certain party.  Rudy tried fear tactics to bully his way into office, and the people chose to not vote for him.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
I'm not repeating Fox news....and I know we can't leave. I have'nt been back to Iraq for 4 years but the level of rebuilding we've done..on our bases and their country...easliy shows we're not leaving.  They say they want out by 2009...unless we simply left everything over there..yeah we could pull out..but realistically there is no logical way. I would like these folks to tell the leftist nutjobs that despite what they think...we can't leave and aren't leaving and they better get over it. Obama and Hil wouldn't get as much support but with all this change and honesty floating around..maybe it wouyld be nice to here some straight talk. If Obama gets in..the nuts wil all be waiting for the pull-out which won't be coming.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 12:43:17 PM »
I'm not repeating Fox news....and I know we can't leave. I have'nt been back to Iraq for 4 years but the level of rebuilding we've done..on our bases and their country...easliy shows we're not leaving.  They say they want out by 2009...unless we simply left everything over there..yeah we could pull out..but realistically there is no logical way. I would like these folks to tell the leftist nutjobs that despite what they think...we can't leave and aren't leaving and they better get over it. Obama and Hil wouldn't get as much support but with all this change and honesty floating around..maybe it wouyld be nice to here some straight talk. If Obama gets in..the nuts wil all be waiting for the pull-out which won't be coming.

Nut will still be nuts regardless of what happens.

It's standard operating procedure that in a primary candidates have to gravitate to the extremes of their party and then in the presidential race gravitate towards the center.  That's just he way it is.  Huck and Clinton all the same.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
they are all gonna get you!!!! you better vote McCain!!!!! or else DOOOMZZZ!!!!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 12:57:49 PM »
They say they want out by 2009

Who is "they"?

Both Hilary and Obama have said they'll scale back our numbers, which is very much in agreement with Gen Barry McCaffrey and many others that the current levels are not sustainable.

Neither would promise to be out in 5 years - despite strong urgings from their base - so it's a safe bet to say we'll have less than we do under Bush, but more than zero, to keep all those bases safe.

When you say "they" want out in a year - who is that?  powerless libs on the forums?  Or Hilary or Obama?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
The Libs...Hil and Obama have said they'd be out by 2009..but have backed off of it. They never say that to the Lib base. That base is under the impression that we'll be packing our crap the day the Dems take office.
L

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »
The Libs...Hil and Obama have said they'd be out by 2009..but have backed off of it.

Okay.  Can you find me the quotes?

By "out" you mean 100% of the troops gone?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »

1.  The Washington Times is a propaganda mill run by the Moonies Cult.

2.  Do you still believe anything the pro-war faction of our government has to say about terrorism?  McConnell is a Bush toady.

They've lied to you so many times, you don't know what to believe any more.

3.  Iraq is not the 'central front' in battling terrorists.  Al Qaeda, by the US's own definition, is a de-centralized enemy.  Anyone using terror tactics in Iraq is called Al Qaeda.

4.  Our Gov. has demonstrated time and again that it is not capable of managing the problem presented by Al Qaeda--from the misguided war in Iraq to the failure to catch Bin Laden to the failure to catch the anthrax terrorists.  We have to clean house in the government and get competent people put in positions of responsibility. 

The Bush administration has been a complete failure.

What do you mean by, "we're winning in Iraq"?

I would think that our ongoing occupation of Iraq is creating more hatred of the US on a daily basis.  These people can wait us out or just engage in guerrilla style warfare like they've been doing.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 05:11:06 PM »

haha love it!

Someone's awake.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 05:18:39 PM »
I think a larger idea is missing from this topic and that is, in that part of the world having a Christian Army, or infidels, is NOT tolerated.

You can like it or hate but thats a fact. That part of the world belongs to them and as they see it, as long as America is over there, sucking out their oil, killing their people, taking the sides of their enemy, America will ALWAYS be in a greater risk of danger.

Will there be extremists that hate America no matter what? Yes, but those would be a handful of rag tag morons that would easily be eliminated if need be. The longer America stays in places like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, the more hatred America will encounter, not just from extremists but from ordinary mothers, fathers, teenagers, etc...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 07:20:40 AM »
We're not going to let our source of oil to be held hostage by nutbags...we're not going to wait until they detonate nukes on our soil..a stated aim of AQ. They laugh at our weakness and disunity.

U libs are so blind...the surge has worked...sorry I know it makes u all unhappy...We're rolling them up. AQ is moving operations to Pakistan. Deathsa are down on all sides..infrastructure is being rebuilt....what are we going to pull out now? Besides few if any of u have sacrificed for this war..stop worrying.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »
We're not going to let our source of oil to be held hostage by nutbags...we're not going to wait until they detonate nukes on our soil..a stated aim of AQ. They laugh at our weakness and disunity.

U libs are so blind...the surge has worked...sorry I know it makes u all unhappy...We're rolling them up. AQ is moving operations to Pakistan. Deathsa are down on all sides..infrastructure is being rebuilt....what are we going to pull out now? Besides few if any of u have sacrificed for this war..stop worrying.

It isnt YOUR oil.
They don't have nukes, how many more UN inpectors had to tell you this about Iraq? Same thing with Iran.

Iran won't be accepting American dollars starting this Monday, why do you think America went in Iraq? To liberate the poeple? (Saddam was going t o stop accepting American dollars for oil too)

Can you show me a reliable source that tells me America is safer today then it was pre 9/11? (Remeber New Orleans?) 3 days warning of a storm, took 8 days to send them help. Will terrorists give America any warning if they attack? No. So how are we any safer?

We didnt sacrifice anything/ What does the Patriot Act do? It sacrifices freedom for "safety from terror".  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 08:29:48 AM »
Dozens of National Guard and Coast Guard helicopters flew rescue operations that first day--some just 2 hours after Katrina hit the coast. Hoistless Army helicopters improvised rescues, carefully hovering on rooftops to pick up survivors. By the end of the week, 50,000 National Guard troops in the Gulf Coast region had saved 17,000 people; 4000 Coast Guard personnel saved more than 33,000.
Not 8 days...nioce try...anymore myths.

AQ has been trying to buy or obtain nukes for years...years. Did I say Iraq. How are we safer.....no attacks so far. Maybe all these rights we're giving up are stopping the attacks...the Left hasn't done a thing...not one thing to make us any safer..can u name me one. Bush has rolled up AQ...destroyed their bases and infrastructure and killed thousands...
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 08:37:01 AM »
Jesus ::)  Is this your resume for a job with the next fantasy neocon administration ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
Whats a fantasy...provide me with facts about katrina..not found on a leftist website..or about the surge not working. Ur the one in fantasy land bub. I see the raw surge data all the time..all the lessons learned etc. We're winning and it pisses u guys off.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 08:55:16 AM »
Whats a fantasy...provide me with facts about katrina..not found on a leftist website..or about the surge not working. Ur the one in fantasy land bub. I see the raw surge data all the time..all the lessons learned etc. We're winning and it pisses u guys off.
how do you win an illegal conflict?  ::)  There is no win, just damage control and I hope to hell you get it done ASAP ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 08:58:52 AM »
Thats the Left's fall-back position..since u can't say we're loosing..u call it illegal..ok fine. I don't make policy so call it what u want...as long as we win and get out.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 09:00:51 AM »
Thats the Left's fall-back position..since u can't say we're loosing..u call it illegal..ok fine. I don't make policy so call it what u want...as long as we win and get out.
fall back position ::)  It's a fact and you know it ::)