Author Topic: Tell us about some of the characters at your gym!  (Read 10675 times)

Charlys69

• Getbig III
Re: Tell us about some of the characters at your gym!
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »
a 300 lbs 6 "2" Bodybuilder of my gym had a bad accident outside the gym 8 weeks ago. I´ve talked to him 1 day after the surgery in the hospital. He said the dotors think that he had to stay 3-4 weeks in hospital, and better forget of training like he used to do (intense, heavy).
He left the hospital on Day 11, he was carrying a long protection for his damaged right leg....just about 1 hour after leaving the hospital he came into the gym (thinking just to say hello....) and started training (exercises he could do...)
Now 6,5 weeks later the same guy trains as heavy as ever (except the damaged leg, which he train light for the next 2 months, and doing his physotherapy).

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »
haha some good stories there

the other day we had this bookworm type at the gym, he brought his newspaper to every machine so for example while doing chest presses in a machine, he had the newspaper in his lap reading it  :D
Z

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »
Sal the whop guido muthafucka at World Gym in Waltham, Ma.in the 90's. Button shirt sleeves cut off. Unbuttoned down to his belly with 5 gold chains and a diamond pinky ring.
Short gym shorts with his balls hanging out. Black socks and some fuckin weird ass rockport walkers or similar looking shoes. He'd set up 5 machines or lifting stations ahead of time and bounce back and forth using all of them. He'd leave plates on benches or loaded bars and if you tried to work in he'd say he was almost done can you wait till he was finished. I'd go and jump in and use the shit just to piss him off. This guy's bo smelled like 2 week old chicken soup.
hey Sal fuck you!!!

lil gym partner

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »
the toolbox that stretches his chest cause he's doing calves
the feg who's checking out his abs in the mirror that bodychecks anyone that walks by him cause he's tough guy

my ALL time favorite......... the clown that throws the dumb bells as hard as possible cause he's a gorilla and wants everyone to know he's strong

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2008, 09:59:06 AM »
Before I went into the Air Force in 98 I worked at the Gold's Gym in Vegas on Flamingo and Sandhill.  We had some characters there.  I'm currently stationed in Germany and we have a shitload of misfits here....

(Vegas)

Kenny - Kenny is a bail bondsman that was 28 when I met him in 98.  (I was 18 young and impressionable)
One day my boss told me a guy named Kenny was going to pick something up that evening.  I asked what would he looked like and she said big and black.  Anywho late that evening in comes this brotha about 5'10, 242 lbs (I asked him).  He had a messed left eye he was blind in so it was that blueish color.  He came in wearing his bailbondman uniform and looked like a typica big brotha.  When he came out from the back he was fucking huge.  He came up and introduced himself and I asked him how big his arms where and he said 23. (We measured them months later).  he was easily 10%bf.  He kept telling me not to take steriods when I wanted to at the time.  He wasn't a bodybuilder just a big ass dude that obviously juiced himself that was cool as hell.  His wife would always call the gym while he was there with his girlfriend.... ;D

Casey- Casey is your typical 80's meathead.  He looked like John Goodman and he loved steriods and let everyone know he did.  He was about 6'1 300 30% bf but had all these stories about how awesome he used to be.  He would brag about downing a handful of d-bol before hitting the gym.  He kept talking about wanting to get on another cycle because it had been years.  He worked hard in the gym but I guess he ate more because nothing changed.  He used to yell alot when he talked and worked out.  Funny guy....

Amazon - She is a chick that's about 6'2 180-200 amazon.  If you go to the Olympia in Vegas you'll see her there in the expo.  Very scary looking.  She's sweet as hell if you get to know her.  She's like a Nicole Bass.  Very scary for a 18 year old like myself at the time to see something like that.  I think her name is Gabriella or something like that.  In 1996 at the Las Vegas Classic when I first met Shawn Ray I remember him saying " look at that big ass bitch". ;D

Sumo-Mulatto-  This guy was Kenny's training partner.  He was Black and Samoan around 6'3 and 500lbs  I remember asking kenny who the hell he was and he said he was his training partner and that he was lazy but strong as hell.  I personally witnessed this huge bastard incline bench 6 plates on each side for reps.  Scary fucker.

Strippers- tons of them, come on it's Vegas ;D

Vince- There was this guy Vince.  Great looks, perfect body, male stripper.....His voice was higher than Mike Tyson's.  It throws you off when you see a guy like this. 

(Military)

Pip - this guy wears those under armor stretch shirts only problem is his literally no more than 130 lbs at about 6'0 and he got the smallest shirt possible to display his magnificent 12 inch pipes.

Chulo- He's this middle age mexican guy who has the worst case of ILS I've ever scene.  He always wear a wife beater with his pants up to his arm pits. He's about 180 at 22%bf he oozes machismo if you see him YOU better go around.  Trust me I tried and he didn't budge.

Ass- She's this Hawaii and black mixed female.  she's a pretty healthy girl and she's wears spandex with an ass that would make 99% of black women blush.  It's very distracting. I like it, most of you wouldn't.
People will stop and gawk or point etc...

All Genetics - This brotha is who's about 170-180 lbs at 6-7% bf with perfect shape, symmetry and proportion.  He haas the smallest joints I've seen on a dude at that weight which makes him look bigger. He does these odd exercises in which he's managed to put on the muscle he has.

I've more but I'm tired of typing.

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »
Shredded/big black guys with 5 year old girl calves that just stand around yappin in between sets of full body bicep curls

or how bout the slant eyed asians that are break dancing in the aerobics room

or the indian/persian/middle-easterns that never seem to stop looking at themselves in the mirror

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
 ::) bullshit, oh brother another anonymous gym goer who presses world record poundages on the incline for reps.

Sumo-Mulatto-  This guy was Kenny's training partner.  He was Black and Samoan around 6'3 and 500lbs  I remember asking kenny who the hell he was and he said he was his training partner and that he was lazy but strong as hell.  I personally witnessed this huge bastard incline bench 6 plates on each side for reps.  Scary fucker.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
Mainly 2nd rate juicing clowns who look pretty much average, on lots of steroids.
Yes, you look entirely mediocre on gear...congratulations. ;D
Pathetic..hahah
N

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
The 140 pound, 7 man wrecking crew that comes to my gym only on MONDAY's and do a 7 man rotation workout ??? Ez curl bar with 25's and take up as many benches as they can on the side of the gym where the heavy dumbel racks are.  >:(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2008, 06:28:29 PM »
::) bullshit, oh brother another anonymous gym goer who presses world record poundages on the incline for reps.

The dude weighed 500 lbs though he said.  Thats not even 100lbs over his BW.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »
Sal the whop guido muthafucka at World Gym in Waltham, Ma.in the 90's. Button shirt sleeves cut off. Unbuttoned down to his belly with 5 gold chains and a diamond pinky ring.
Short gym shorts with his balls hanging out. Black socks and some fuckin weird ass rockport walkers or similar looking shoes. He'd set up 5 machines or lifting stations ahead of time and bounce back and forth using all of them. He'd leave plates on benches or loaded bars and if you tried to work in he'd say he was almost done can you wait till he was finished. I'd go and jump in and use the shit just to piss him off. This guy's bo smelled like 2 week old chicken soup.
hey Sal fuck you!!!

If he also wore leg warmers we had that guy at Gold's San Diego in the 80's. I know who you are talking about. :o

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2008, 07:03:34 PM »
Before I went into the Air Force in 98 I worked at the Gold's Gym in Vegas on Flamingo and Sandhill.  We had some characters there.  I'm currently stationed in Germany and we have a shitload of misfits here....

(Vegas)

Kenny - Kenny is a bail bondsman that was 28 when I met him in 98.  (I was 18 young and impressionable)
One day my boss told me a guy named Kenny was going to pick something up that evening.  I asked what would he looked like and she said big and black.  Anywho late that evening in comes this brotha about 5'10, 242 lbs (I asked him).  He had a messed left eye he was blind in so it was that blueish color.  He came in wearing his bailbondman uniform and looked like a typica big brotha.  When he came out from the back he was fucking huge.  He came up and introduced himself and I asked him how big his arms where and he said 23. (We measured them months later).  he was easily 10%bf.  He kept telling me not to take steriods when I wanted to at the time.  He wasn't a bodybuilder just a big ass dude that obviously juiced himself that was cool as hell.  His wife would always call the gym while he was there with his girlfriend.... ;D

Casey- Casey is your typical 80's meathead.  He looked like John Goodman and he loved steriods and let everyone know he did.  He was about 6'1 300 30% bf but had all these stories about how awesome he used to be.  He would brag about downing a handful of d-bol before hitting the gym.  He kept talking about wanting to get on another cycle because it had been years.  He worked hard in the gym but I guess he ate more because nothing changed.  He used to yell alot when he talked and worked out.  Funny guy....

Amazon - She is a chick that's about 6'2 180-200 amazon.  If you go to the Olympia in Vegas you'll see her there in the expo.  Very scary looking.  She's sweet as hell if you get to know her.  She's like a Nicole Bass.  Very scary for a 18 year old like myself at the time to see something like that.  I think her name is Gabriella or something like that.  In 1996 at the Las Vegas Classic when I first met Shawn Ray I remember him saying " look at that big ass bitch". ;D

Strippers- tons of them, come on it's Vegas ;D

Vince- There was this guy Vince.  Great looks, perfect body, male stripper.....His voice was higher than Mike Tyson's.  It throws you off when you see a guy like this. 

(Military)

Pip - this guy wears those under armor stretch shirts only problem is his literally no more than 130 lbs at about 6'0 and he got the smallest shirt possible to display his magnificent 12 inch pipes.

Chulo- He's this middle age mexican guy who has the worst case of ILS I've ever scene.  He always wear a wife beater with his pants up to his arm pits. He's about 180 at 22%bf he oozes machismo if you see him YOU better go around.  Trust me I tried and he didn't budge.

Ass- She's this Hawaii and black mixed female.  she's a pretty healthy girl and she's wears spandex with an ass that would make 99% of black women blush.  It's very distracting. I like it, most of you wouldn't.
People will stop and gawk or point etc...

All Genetics - This brotha is who's about 170-180 lbs at 6-7% bf with perfect shape, symmetry and proportion.  He haas the smallest joints I've seen on a dude at that weight which makes him look bigger. He does these odd exercises in which he's managed to put on the muscle he has.

I've more but I'm tired of typing.

Good shot!!!

I worked out at the Gold's on Kraig in North Las Vegas, great gym.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
I have to agree with Croatch, fat juicers who are still small  ;D

There are a few like that who post on here  ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »
we had some moron come into the gym, with 3 minutes to closing, so he gets on the seated fly machine, the one with the roller pads, in a full down winter coat, hat and scarf and does like two sets of 20 reps...what a fuckin ass

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:23 PM »
He did a lot of donkey calf raises with a weird looking pedo type untrained looking guy on his back who only seemed to appear for the donkey calf raises.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH!!!!!
S

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »
There is 1 guy that trains in my homegym, he keeps to hmself and i think he's great! :D

mrusa85

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2008, 11:28:11 PM »
About 10 years ago there was this guy at a PowerHouse Gym and he did the strangest exercises I've ever seen in my 25 - plus years of training. He wore clothes that made him look like he was just coming back from an audition to the old TV show "Fame." He had the headband and the legwarmers to match.

Like I said he did lots of strange things like weird stretches and such, but when he would use the regular weights, barbells, dumbbells and machines the show would just begin. I thought he was going to do some bench squats in the squat rack one day because he dragged a bench all the way across the gym over to the squat rack. He loaded  a barbell up with 25s on each side and no collars. He got under the bar, stepped back and squatted down to the bench. Then he brought his feet off the ground and sat cross-legged on the bench. THEN he removed his hands from the bar and let it balance on his traps as he brought his hands out in front and clasped them together and started some meditation. Sat there for about 5 minutes with his eyes shut.

Another time I thought he was going to do normal seated dumbbell curls, but instead he did one arm at a time. With the opposite leg, he would lift that over his head and grab hold of his toe and stretch his leg while he did curls with the other arm. After 15 reps or so, he would change legs (and arms). Most people in the gym just stopped and stared at him. He looked like he was made of rubber.

The very strangest thing he did was drag a bench over to the cable crossover unit. the ones with lat pulldowns on each ends and chinup bars on the front and back. He would use the ankle attachments and hook the cables to his feet and then grab hold of the bench, which was pushed way forward and he proceeded to pull his knees to his chest like a reverse leg raise. After that he hooked the the ankle attachments back on but from the highest pulley position this time. He pulled the weights down somehow with each leg and then he reached out grabbed the chinup bar in front of him. Then he let the weights drop with his legs, which pulled him into a suspended spread eagle. He'd stay in that position for a few minutes while he grunted and grit his teeth. He looked like Superman flying. I was doing lat pulldowns on the end of the same machine and about busted a gut laughing when he shot up in the air when he let the weights go!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2008, 11:29:40 PM »
A

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2008, 08:18:49 AM »
Overall many blue collar guys who enjoy woorking out-but many juicers who powerlift and compete in state BB competitions who will never reach pro and most have attitudes-its in NYC so it cant be avoided

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »

Have I ever lied or exaggerated about anything?  What do I have to gain from this? 6 plates on each side is alot of weight but it aint world record poundages.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »
Have I ever lied or exaggerated about anything?  What do I have to gain from this? 6 plates on each side is alot of weight but it aint world record poundages.
585 for reps on barbell inclines is DEFINITELY world record poundages for that lift, post some proof.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2008, 08:35:08 AM »
There was a real pack of winners on Friday afternoon. There were these three JV football players who couldn't have weighed over 150lbs. They were by the leg equipment so I was expecting a bunch of bad quarter squats. Instead they went to one of the leg press machines. They loaded the machine with the max (10 plates a side) & one kid was sitting ready to lift it. I was going to stop them but kind of wanted to see the carnage (the stoppers were in place). He pushed the weight up & it comes crashing down. They all looked stunned & didn't seem to know what to do next. After a couple minutes they took off the plates & pushed it up. They then loaded it with one plate less & the same thing happened. They proceded to do this over & over until there were five plated per side. At that time they each did about five or six quarter reps & then went on to cause problems elsewhere.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2008, 08:35:26 AM »
yeah big wiggs dont be so modest about it, thats a very good lift.