Author Topic: What kind of wrist watch would you buy?  (Read 16083 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: What kind of wrist watch would you buy?
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2008, 06:36:57 AM »
I wonder how badly watch sales have suffered due to the advent of everybody carrying around "the time" on another device (phone).

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2008, 06:51:27 AM »
Jacob or Breitling. Rolex are for "wannabes".

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »
hey emm so you need a watch to help you get laid...man that sucks...i really am shocked at how much guys care about this sort of thing....what the fuck if the watch tells time then youve got a good watch

Hey man I'm no spring chicken, I'm gettin old and any help I can get is a bonus ;)  Plus, I always wanted a Rolex when I was growing up, just because they are damn good watches.  I wanted to invest in something I can pass down to my son when he's old enough and you can't do that with a lot of these time pieces around these days.  Especialy Tag's.  Who wants to drop $1000+ on a cool looking Tag that has plastic movement pieces on the inside?  Seriously, if I wanted plastic on a watch I'd go buy a Seiko. No thanks.

I didn't buy it for the ladies, I bought it for myself, the panty dropping was a just an added bonus =)

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »
Nobody has mentioned yet that Arnold is a watch fan...mainly ones in the tens of thousand price range e.g. top range Swiss automatics.

You're absolutely right!!! I have always paid attention to the watches he is always wearing, especially in his movies. He weared a particular one in COMMANDO; I guess it was a CITIZEN one, military looks. Anybody knows that model's watch? I always wnated to know.....the watch was rugged, yet drop dead beautiful......also, the watch he used to give as part of Arnold Classic's prize money - what watch is that? It looks wonderful......Cutler and Dexter got one, each. It seems to be a Swiss watch.

Also, I would like to know what do you guys think of NIKE HAMMER watches?
Reservations at Dorsia ?

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2008, 11:47:30 AM »
Hey man I'm no spring chicken, I'm gettin old and any help I can get is a bonus ;)  Plus, I always wanted a Rolex when I was growing up, just because they are damn good watches.  I wanted to invest in something I can pass down to my son when he's old enough and you can't do that with a lot of these time pieces around these days.  Especialy Tag's.  Who wants to drop $1000+ on a cool looking Tag that has plastic movement pieces on the inside?  Seriously, if I wanted plastic on a watch I'd go buy a Seiko. No thanks.

I didn't buy it for the ladies, I bought it for myself, the panty dropping was a just an added bonus =)

hey bro im just messing with you...at least you have some descent reasons ie pass it down to your little ones...and the panties dropping...good luck with your rolex

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
You're absolutely right!!! I have always paid attention to the watches he is always wearing, especially in his movies. He weared a particular one in COMMANDO; I guess it was a CITIZEN one, military looks. Anybody knows that model's watch? I always wnated to know.....the watch was rugged, yet drop dead beautiful......also, the watch he used to give as part of Arnold Classic's prize money - what watch is that? It looks wonderful......Cutler and Dexter got one, each. It seems to be a Swiss watch.

Also, I would like to know what do you guys think of NIKE HAMMER watches?

Arnold usually wears a Audemars Piguet ....model 'Royal Oak'.

The same company puts together his limited edition watches for the Arnold Contest.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2008, 12:21:51 PM »
I have a Panerai (pam005) & a Breitling Chronomat

Wouldn't mind getting the Breitling Bentley

Pretty easy to pull up a picture of a watch and claim you own it.

I have a Rolex by the way.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:28 PM »
Pretty easy to pull up a picture of a watch and claim you own it.

I have a Rolex by the way.

Very true...but really what makes what I have so special except other than I like them?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »
I can get it for about $6000-$6500

But this one

Is $10,000
How can they sell that for 10,000?  Even w/o the diamonds it's worth over 20,000.
R

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »
Very true...but really what makes what I have so special except other than I like them?

Hey man if you really do own them that is awesome.  What makes them special is that, flat out, they are both awesome watches!

I know some guys lit me up last time on here(claiming I was lying) for saying I wore a Rolex so I posted pics with it.  I'll be the first to say it's a lower level Rolex, albeit still ran me 6k. Love the watch though.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=169072.0

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
How can they sell that for 10,000?  Even w/o the diamonds it's worth over 20,000.

They don't.  You can buy this watch heavily used for maybe that.  I know Rolex as before I bought mine I shopped and learned the product.  They do not sell this watch for under 20k.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »
I like the look of Tag, but have never been able to convince myself to drop that much cash on one.
I bought a Citizen Titanium in 97 and it has been GREAT.

Just replaced it last year, not because anything was wrong, but because I wanted something updated.

This is the one that I got...

Kinda plain, but I like it.  It's almost an exact update of the one I replaced.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »
I'm in the process of buying a new write watch I want to buy something more classy and not to pop/sport looking.
Something down the line of this:

Any ideas? What are the best manufactures.

your wife should beat you op for this thread starke

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »
They don't.  You can buy this watch heavily used for maybe that.  I know Rolex as before I bought mine I shopped and learned the product.  They do not sell this watch for under 20k.
I was gonna say...he better snap that up and whatever else they're selling and re-sell for nice profits! :D

R

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
Hey man if you really do own them that is awesome.  What makes them special is that, flat out, they are both awesome watches!

I know some guys lit me up last time on here(claiming I was lying) for saying I wore a Rolex so I posted pics with it.  I'll be the first to say it's a lower level Rolex, albeit still ran me 6k. Love the watch though.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=169072.0

Who cares if no one believes you?

People spend $ on dumbshit.  I'm not exactly the type that runs out & tells my family what I spent on a watch.  I would feel foolish.  If they ask....I'll tell them.  But seriosuly, I've seen women spend alot of $ on shoes or purses.  To me, that could be foolish.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »
Always had you figured as more of a blue collar type, Knny, but this is very goat-like behavior.

"Goat-like" behavior?  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »
Who cares if no one believes you?

People spend $ on dumbshit.  I'm not exactly the type that runs out & tells my family what I spent on a watch.  I would feel foolish.  If they ask....I'll tell them.  But seriosuly, I've seen women spend alot of $ on shoes or purses.  To me, that could be foolish.

I actually do care if people don't believe me.  I wish more people on here would post proof of what they look like or of what they say they have.  Adds credibility to those you choose to converse with. Guess I've always been a sceptic of humans, 'So to speak'.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2008, 02:45:04 PM »
Are you a perubian Thog??

WOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2008, 02:46:29 PM »
A watch that PAlumbo would wear.

WWOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »
Ulysee Nardin you just don't get better than this

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »
Ulysee Nardin you just don't get better than this

some people  can.  king kalla vacheron constantin 160 diamonds in bracelet and 32 in the dial for a total of over 103 carats.
Gracie Rules

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2008, 03:28:36 PM »

yes i can.  king kalla vacheron constantin 160 diamonds in bracelet and 32 in the dial for a total of over 103 carats.

Ugly as sin lol Vacheron makes good timepieces too

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2008, 03:29:59 PM »
Breitling watches are cool.

Along with Tag Huer, kinda the upperclass watches now thanks to too many Rolex fakes and Hip-Hop people wearing them.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
Breitling watches are cool.

Along with Tag Huer, kinda the upperclass watches now thanks to too many Rolex fakes and Hip-Hop people wearing them.
my fav. type of watch.

mother fuckers are expensive as hell though
d[-_-]b actin all cool

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »
If you can afford it, a Cartier "Tank" watch.

If not, an understated Seiko or Bulova knock off.