Author Topic: New York Businesses accept the Euro.... Bwhahahahaha  (Read 1037 times)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
New York Businesses accept the Euro.... Bwhahahahaha
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:27:58 AM »
No dollar problems here, lets get back to fighting war and stealing oil. 

No worries, the mass media will convice the dumb Americans that a weak currency (destruction of the dollar) is "good for exports"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080206/us_nm/newyork_euros_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) - In the latest example that the U.S. dollar just ain't what it used to be, some shops in New York City have begun accepting euros and other foreign currency as payment for merchandise.

"We had decided that money is money and we'll take it and just do the exchange whenever we can with our bank," Robert Chu, owner of East Village Wines, told Reuters television.

The increasingly weak U.S. dollar, once considered the king among currencies, has brought waves of European tourists to New York with money to burn and looking to take advantage of hugely favorable exchange rates.

"We didn't realize we would take so much in and there were that many people traveling or having euros to bring in. But some days, you'd be surprised at how many euros you get," Chu said.

"Now we have to get familiar with other currencies and the (British) pound and the Canadian dollars we take," he said.

While shops in many U.S. towns on the Canadian border have long accepted Canadian currency and some stores on the Texas-Mexico border take pesos, the acceptance of foreign money in Manhattan was unheard of until recently.

Not far from Chu's downtown wine emporium, Billy Leroy of Billy's Antiques & Props said the vast numbers of Europeans shopping in the neighborhood got him thinking, "My God, I should take euros in at the store."

Leroy doesn't even bother to exchange them.

"I'm happy if I take in 200 euros, because what I do is keep them," he said. "So when I go back to Paris, I don't have to go through the nightmare of going to an exchange place."

(Reporting by Angela Moore, writing by Bill Berkrot; Editing by Doina Chiacu)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: New York Businesses accept the Euro.... Bwhahahahaha
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »

I've been taking Euros for years and have never exchanged them.  I'm amazed at how many dollars the older ones are now worth.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
I've been taking Euros for years and have never exchanged them.  I'm amazed at how many dollars the older ones are now worth.
The older ones are worth more?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:55:43 PM »
Wow, good job BUSH...  I didn't vote for him, blame HH6 :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:28 PM »
I guess u will be exempt from any economic turmoil in this country, simpy because u didn't vote Bush in..or from any terror attack because u don't support the war. Move...just go...Saudi Arabia is nice...of course u won't be able to go out with ur wife in public...or maybe Hugoland..but if u complain they might shoot u.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
I guess u will be exempt from any economic turmoil in this country, simpy because u didn't vote Bush in..or from any terror attack because u don't support the war. Move...just go...Saudi Arabia is nice...of course u won't be able to go out with ur wife in public...or maybe Hugoland..but if u complain they might shoot u.
No, I'll just blame douchebags like you.  Oh sorry I didn't mean to call you a douche, don't tell on me :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »
As I'm cleaning up ur Lib inspired mess..I'll take time to point my finger at u lib idiots.....
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »

There was another domestic terrorist attack in L.A. today.

Way to go, DHS. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »

The Euros I received 5 years ago are worth over 1.40 today.  That's a 40% return in 5 years.

I still charge 1:1, but most of my European customers prefer to pay in dollars these days. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
No dollar problems here, lets get back to fighting war and stealing oil. 

No worries, the mass media will convice the dumb Americans that a weak currency (destruction of the dollar) is "good for exports"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080206/us_nm/newyork_euros_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) - In the latest example that the U.S. dollar just ain't what it used to be, some shops in New York City have begun accepting euros and other foreign currency as payment for merchandise.

"We had decided that money is money and we'll take it and just do the exchange whenever we can with our bank," Robert Chu, owner of East Village Wines, told Reuters television.

The increasingly weak U.S. dollar, once considered the king among currencies, has brought waves of European tourists to New York with money to burn and looking to take advantage of hugely favorable exchange rates.

"We didn't realize we would take so much in and there were that many people traveling or having euros to bring in. But some days, you'd be surprised at how many euros you get," Chu said.

"Now we have to get familiar with other currencies and the (British) pound and the Canadian dollars we take," he said.

While shops in many U.S. towns on the Canadian border have long accepted Canadian currency and some stores on the Texas-Mexico border take pesos, the acceptance of foreign money in Manhattan was unheard of until recently.

Not far from Chu's downtown wine emporium, Billy Leroy of Billy's Antiques & Props said the vast numbers of Europeans shopping in the neighborhood got him thinking, "My God, I should take euros in at the store."

Leroy doesn't even bother to exchange them.

"I'm happy if I take in 200 euros, because what I do is keep them," he said. "So when I go back to Paris, I don't have to go through the nightmare of going to an exchange place."

(Reporting by Angela Moore, writing by Bill Berkrot; Editing by Doina Chiacu)

hahahahahahaha

This does suck but I have to laugh. hahahaahahaha

Yeah Ron Paul's crazy when he says the dollar is going down and we're headed for a reccession. hahahahahahaha

"The economy is on strong underpinnings"-McCain

hahahahahahahaha

Please HH6 convince us everything is dandy.  ::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »

Ok, that made me lol.