Author Topic: Ron Paul speaks to 6000 at CPAC today  (Read 4039 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Ron Paul speaks to 6000 at CPAC today
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »

Conservative Political Action Conference is an annual political conference attended by some 6000+ conservatives, activists, and elected officials from across the United States. CPAC began in 1973 as a small gathering of dedicated conservatives but has since grown into a large event attracting members of Congress, college activists, theorists, and other political celebrities. It is hosted by the American Conservative Union in association with sponsors Human Events and the Young America's Foundation. David A. Keene is the chairman of the American Conservative Union. Lisa De Pasquale is director of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

Previous speakers have included Ronald Reagan, Dick Cheney, Pat Buchanan, Karl Rove, and Newt Gingrich. Before, during, and after his Presidency, Ronald Reagan spoke at CPAC a total of 12 times.

It is not affiliated with the Republican Party and thus attracts a number of non-partisan groups and other like-minded political parties such as the Libertarian Party.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Ron Paul speaks to 6000 at CPAC today
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:39:46 PM »
Very good video!
S

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
WHen people like baby brobama are pulling in 20,000+ each time they have a rally, why would we be impressed with Ron Paul's 4k/6k?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 08:56:30 PM »
When people like baby brobama are pulling in 20,000+ each time they have a rally, why would we be impressed with Ron Paul's 4k/6k?

Gee, let see, he doesn't get invited to debates, gets ignored at debates, has no major media coverage at all, doesn't get money from lobbyists/corporate groups, and he's still in the race and had 6,000 people come listen to him, even after reportidly being in last place after Super Tuesday.

Yeah, nothing special about that.  ::)

I bet even you could get 6,000 people to come see you under those circumstances.

If you had a smidgen of brain power your comments would be amusing. Please try harder next time.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »
melt..........wait for it..................down.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »
I'm giving up on you, bud.

Your scraping the bottom of the barrell for material. So soon too, what a shame.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »
I'm giving up on you, bud.

Your scraping the bottom of the barrell for material. So soon too, what a shame.

"barrel" not "barrell" :-*

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »
watching right now

the problem now is that there are a bunch of smart asses running around still thinking ron paul is crazy they'll wake up when the boot is up their ass.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
It's also "you're"

P.S. Serious question: Any numbers on the education level of Ron Paul supporters?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
It's also "you're"

P.S. Serious question: Any numbers on the education level of Ron Paul supporters?

:-X   :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
I like RP and I think he's probably the most honest and genuine person running for office today (perhap even in office) but he's much more a libertarian than a conservative and he would most likely be an absolute disaster for the economy at least in the near term (yes Bush is a colossal disaster too)

The guy who did the intro is former congressman and world class hypocrite Bob Barr - I can't believe he had the balls to refer to the Clinton impeachment trial considering that it was revealed during that time that he had his own extramarital affair.   Since leaving office he's become, among other things, a member of the ACLU,  a vocal opponent of the Patriot Act and has done a complete 180 on his views about marijuana -

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »
he would most likely be an absolute disaster for the economy at least in the near term

what do you mean?

if things were to change the best point of change would be in the beginning. Sooner rather than later.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 10:09:59 PM »
what do you mean?

if things were to change the best point of change would be in the beginning. Sooner rather than later.

Do you have a college degree? What kind of school is it from? Not trying to belittle you (at the moment).  Just genuinely curious. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »
what do you think?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »
what do you think?

If I were to guess...... I'd say you were in your early twenties or late teens. You probably went/go to college because you seem to genuinely care about "knowing".....but I'd guess you went/go to a school that wasn't/isn't very academically rigorous. 

Now don't get all offended, I'm not trying to be a dick at the moment.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 10:20:42 PM »
what do you mean?

Our economy is in bad bad shape and I think RP's tough love would make it even worse.
Actually, now that I think about it we might be FUBAR already.  The Fed has lowered the short end of the yield curve 125 basis points in the last few weeks and yet the long term rates must go up because no one wants to finance our debt.  I don't know but I just think if RP were the Prez we'd go through a lot of pain before things got better but then I think we're headed for a world of pain anyway.  Then again he would get us out of all of out of all of our military misadventures and we'd save a ton of $$$ there.   I don't know man,  This is a complicated case.  A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous, a lot of strands to keep in my head, man. Lot of strands in old Duder's head

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 10:26:15 PM »
If I were to guess...... I'd say you were in your early twenties or late teens. You probably went/go to college because you seem to genuinely care about "knowing".....but I'd guess you went/go to a school that wasn't/isn't very academically rigorous. 

Now don't get all offended, I'm not trying to be a dick at the moment.

no offence taken. you're incorrect

so what do you think should happen, the economy should stay the same or there should be a change?

Forget about ron paul for a second, listen to david walker.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »
Our economy is in bad bad shape and I think RP's tough love would make it even worse.
Actually, now that I think about it we might be FUBAR already.  The Fed has lowered the short end of the yield curve 125 basis points in the last few weeks and yet the long term rates must go up because no one wants to finance our debt.  I don't know but I just think if RP were the Prez we'd go through a lot of pain before things got better but then I think we're headed for a world of pain anyway.  Then again he would get us out of all of out of all of our military misadventures and we'd save a ton of $$$ there.   I don't know man,  This is a complicated case.  A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous, a lot of strands to keep in my head, man. Lot of strands in old Duder's head

Ron Paul's view of the world is a pre-1930s view.  Some things you can't turn the clock back on. 

We've got to raise taxes on the well-to-do (I will probably have to pay these, so it's not like i haven't given this serious thought), articulate proper objectives for the revenue, act on those objectives....also need more accountability from the Dept of Def. 

The one thing I'm concerned about with baby brobama is that he hasn't got experience dealing with the DoD (worked on non-prolif leg, but that's not the kind of exper I'm talking about)....but neither has Hillary.  McCain has some.....but obviously I don't agree with him (whenever I can figure out what he stands for).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 10:39:13 PM »
Ron Paul's view of the world is a pre-1930s view.  Some things you can't turn the clock back on. 

We've got to raise taxes on the well-to-do (I will probably have to pay these, so it's not like i haven't given this serious thought), articulate proper objectives for the revenue, act on those objectives....also need more accountability from the Dept of Def. 

The one thing I'm concerned about with baby brobama is that he hasn't got experience dealing with the DoD (worked on non-prolif leg, but that's not the kind of exper I'm talking about)....but neither has Hillary.  McCain has some.....but obviously I don't agree with him (whenever I can figure out what he stands for).

I'm in total agreement on the taxes (and it would impact me too) and also the DoD (I think I read that they are so f'd up that it's literally impossible to do a reliable audit)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 11:16:59 PM »

Ron's been talking about a reccession before any other candidate even knew what day it was. Just based on that fact alone I trust him more than any other one of these  other canidates.Actions speak louder than words and the man still has 7 million left for his campaign while everyone else is broke and in debt.
You don't have to study economics to know being in debt isn't good for your economy. You can't lower taxes and then spend your way into a better financial situation. Te spending is out of control and that's the meat and potato's of it. The country is handing money to "friends" and borrowing money to fund wars. It's retarded.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 12:01:50 AM »
Ron's been talking about a reccession before any other candidate even knew what day it was. Just based on that fact alone I trust him more than any other one of these  other canidates.Actions speak louder than words and the man still has 7 million left for his campaign while everyone else is broke and in debt.
You don't have to study economics to know being in debt isn't good for your economy. You can't lower taxes and then spend your way into a better financial situation. Te spending is out of control and that's the meat and potato's of it. The country is handing money to "friends" and borrowing money to fund wars. It's retarded.

I like RP and for the most part agree with him on interest rates, money supply, etc... I just think if he were in charge things would get alot worse before they got better.   Lot's of pain.  That's all I'm saying

BTW - does no one recognize a The Big Lebowski reference?  :-\

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 12:21:51 AM »
I like RP and for the most part agree with him on interest rates, money supply, etc... I just think if he were in charge things would get alot worse before they got better.   Lot's of pain.  That's all I'm saying

BTW - does no one recognize a The Big Lebowski reference?  :-\

Havent seen that movie in a long time. I'll have to download it.

I agree, the pain will come, one way or another.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 12:32:35 AM »
Havent seen that movie in a long time. I'll have to download it.

Legal download?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 01:11:00 AM »
Legal download?

It's worth owning - I've probably seen it no less than 30 times

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 01:33:06 AM »

It's worth owning - I've probably seen it no less than 30 times

Yeah, I have it.  Coens know how to write.