Author Topic: Questions to GH15 about the lives of Pro BBers  (Read 14838 times)

subseven

• Getbig II
Questions to GH15 about the lives of Pro BBers
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:05:44 AM »
H GH,

Hope all is well. I am reading your posts with great interest and appreciate the interesting information you provide here. Allow me to ask you a few other questions.

First, you have said, in many occasions, that so and so bodybuilder got himself very sick or had to retire from BBing due to abusing drugs in order to grow too quickly. But in other posts you are talking about the incredible doses that the average pro takes, such as 5 grams of injectables per week. My question to you is: How can a pro BBer hurt himself if 5 grams of stuff per week is still considered OK? You cannot take much more than that anyways because you would totally run out of places to inject. Similar with insulin. People are taking 50 iu a day or more, you are saying. So how much are those who get sick on it take? 200 iu? Doesn't sound likely. I understand that you can f*ck yourself up with recreational drugs, but how can you damage yourself with hormones? What crazy doses would you need?

Also, I am very curious if you can actually clarify some aspects of a pro BBer's life. For example.

- How many days a week and how many hours in each session do they train? (talking off-season, so just the weights not including any cardio)

- How many hours do those guys sleep?

- How many calories do they really eat?

- Can they sleep without sleep medication while taking such huge quantities of androgens?

I am not going to try and do the same as a natural guy but I am just curious... Thanks

Cut260

• Getbig II
  • All I have in this world are my balls and my word
Re: Questions to GH15 about the lives of Pro BBers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:41 AM »
you can get the answer from one bodybuilder, or perhaps even a few, however there are some like myself who have worked with and been with so many pros that they know the truth behind what "really" goes on behind the scenes.

Most diets that bodybuilders claim, talk about and have in print are complete bullshit
Most of the "cycles" that they claim are total bullshit
There is such a huge variance and difference between training styles, intensity etc. its unreal
Some sleep naturally and some use a ton of xanax, valium, clonazepam etc.
Some have so much joint pain they start using nubain, hydrocodones and worse
Some take the pain and work around it without using anything.

Its so across the board that it goes from almost natural to extreme drug addict.

Its one of the craziest things and types of variants that I got to see first hand.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »
H GH,

Hope all is well. I am reading your posts with great interest and appreciate the interesting information you provide here. Allow me to ask you a few other questions.

First, you have said, in many occasions, that so and so bodybuilder got himself very sick or had to retire from BBing due to abusing drugs in order to grow too quickly. But in other posts you are talking about the incredible doses that the average pro takes, such as 5 grams of injectables per week. My question to you is: How can a pro BBer hurt himself if 5 grams of stuff per week is still considered OK? You cannot take much more than that anyways because you would totally run out of places to inject. Similar with insulin. People are taking 50 iu a day or more, you are saying. So how much are those who get sick on it take? 200 iu? Doesn't sound likely. I understand that you can f*ck yourself up with recreational drugs, but how can you damage yourself with hormones? What crazy doses would you need?

Also, I am very curious if you can actually clarify some aspects of a pro BBer's life. For example.

- How many days a week and how many hours in each session do they train? (talking off-season, so just the weights not including any cardio)

- How many hours do those guys sleep?

- How many calories do they really eat?

- Can they sleep without sleep medication while taking such huge quantities of androgens?

I am not going to try and do the same as a natural guy but I am just curious... Thanks

the abuse of drugs are the abuse of narcotics drugs friend,,hormone and thier abuse is common among any bodybuilder,,the most difference you will find between the average bodybuilder and a professional one is the abuse and misuse of narcotics drugs and their relatives,,,the ability to become a professional lay not only in your response to hormone but also on your tolarence of many drugs,,ofcourse the musacle shape an d symetry and all that good things also is big factor but it has a big aspect of hormones and other drugs,,but hormones isused by anyone ,,matt c from this board uses them and so is keith who used them,,but the question is not who uses little hormones but who uses enough and consistant enough and will add the right dcombo of drugs into serious traiing inorder to compete for a professional card and may or may not win it

not to forget ,,a professional has been to all drugs and the tolarence levels are high ,,,in many cases professional as of 2008 means a drug addict and it has nothing to do with the 5 gram of hormones only ,,it has to do with a lot more

now to your other questions,,life of a professional is a dependent of how many drugs he can get and how much he can take,,there is not a lot of time to eat as uch as needed ,,sometimes you got to eat a lot and you eat junk ,,what important is how you work around it and working around it means drugs and  adjustments in diet,,most of us train 45-1 hour a day 5 times a week  ,,more before competition ,,ONLY IF ON HORMONES,,no hormones = limited to no training,,there is stupid rule that bodybuilders since 2000 started to make and it is the 14-17 set rule,,,it applys well to the drugged bodybuilder which is 99.9% of bodybuilders but still a stupid rule who tells to not work a muscle/bodypart for less than 14 sets or more than 17 sets per session ,,it is a rule made by a profeesional i wont name but i say anything between 8-20 sets per bodypart can work wekk epending on many factors OUTSIDE THE GYM,,

we sleep as much as possible trying to get 8-10 but due to all the drugs its not so hard to find a bodybuilder sleeps 12 hours a night,,i recomend 8 hours and if you do nothing but bodybuilding 5-8 hours will do

we eat a lot ,,calories is key factor in growth,,you dont eat you dont grow ,,you can have inner stength you can push 4 plates each side while curving your back with spotter for your 3 reps,,but NO CALORIES = NO SIZE PERIOD

most bodybuilders that compete in hgiher level use sleep aids to fall asleep,,same as other drugs used for anyother performence

as a natural guy you will be 160lb somewhat cut at 7-8% if lucky at 5'8 ,,natural gets you no where especially now days when every one gets hormones like penuts,,you chose hard sport to be in because the main problem of it is the denial and lies ,,most bodybuuilders when it comes to training are not as intense as their lies about the drugs used,,i wish it was vise versa but its not,,most bodybuilders are drug addicts and WILL NOT TRAIN WITH OUT DRUGS

good luck
fallen angel

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »
you can get the answer from one bodybuilder, or perhaps even a few, however there are some like myself who have worked with and been with so many pros that they know the truth behind what "really" goes on behind the scenes.

Most diets that bodybuilders claim, talk about and have in print are complete bullshit
There is such a huge variance and difference between training styles, intensity etc. its unreal

Its so across the board that it goes from almost natural to extreme drug addict.

Its one of the craziest things and types of variants that I got to see first hand.

Nail on the head.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »

are you going to start doing "pm questions" threads to rival gh? I'd like to see you put together a big ass anabolic Q&A thread.
It's Hip to be Square!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »
as a natural guy you will be 160lb somewhat cut at 7-8% if lucky at 5'8 ,,natural gets you no where especially now days when every one gets hormones like penuts

You're exaggerating that just a bit.  ::)  Your point that you can't get anthing close to pro/national competetor weights without a boatload of drugs is valid, but suggesting a 160lb limit for a ripped natural is just plain inaccurate. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »

You're exaggerating that just a bit.  ::)  Your point that you can't get anthing close to pro/national competetor weights without a boatload of drugs is valid, but suggesting a 160lb limit for a ripped natural is just plain inaccurate. 

correct.  you see a lot of high school kids at this level without being 'hormonized'.

after saying he personally gave 8 mil to john mccain after having a lng talk with the senator, i'm taking everything gh15 says with a grain of salt.
!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »
the abuse of drugs are the abuse of narcotics drugs friend,,hormone and thier abuse is common among any bodybuilder,,the most difference you will find between the average bodybuilder and a professional one is the abuse and misuse of narcotics drugs and their relatives,,,the ability to become a professional lay not only in your response to hormone but also on your tolarence of many drugs,,ofcourse the musacle shape an d symetry and all that good things also is big factor but it has a big aspect of hormones and other drugs,,but hormones isused by anyone ,,matt c from this board uses them and so is keith who used them,,but the question is not who uses little hormones but who uses enough and consistant enough and will add the right dcombo of drugs into serious traiing inorder to compete for a professional card and may or may not win it

not to forget ,,a professional has been to all drugs and the tolarence levels are high ,,,in many cases professional as of 2008 means a drug addict and it has nothing to do with the 5 gram of hormones only ,,it has to do with a lot more

now to your other questions,,life of a professional is a dependent of how many drugs he can get and how much he can take,,there is not a lot of time to eat as uch as needed ,,sometimes you got to eat a lot and you eat junk ,,what important is how you work around it and working around it means drugs and  adjustments in diet,,most of us train 45-1 hour a day 5 times a week  ,,more before competition ,,ONLY IF ON HORMONES,,no hormones = limited to no training,,there is stupid rule that bodybuilders since 2000 started to make and it is the 14-17 set rule,,,it applys well to the drugged bodybuilder which is 99.9% of bodybuilders but still a stupid rule who tells to not work a muscle/bodypart for less than 14 sets or more than 17 sets per session ,,it is a rule made by a profeesional i wont name but i say anything between 8-20 sets per bodypart can work wekk epending on many factors OUTSIDE THE GYM,,

we sleep as much as possible trying to get 8-10 but due to all the drugs its not so hard to find a bodybuilder sleeps 12 hours a night,,i recomend 8 hours and if you do nothing but bodybuilding 5-8 hours will do

we eat a lot ,,calories is key factor in growth,,you dont eat you dont grow ,,you can have inner stength you can push 4 plates each side while curving your back with spotter for your 3 reps,,but NO CALORIES = NO SIZE PERIOD

most bodybuilders that compete in hgiher level use sleep aids to fall asleep,,same as other drugs used for anyother performence

as a natural guy you will be 160lb somewhat cut at 7-8% if lucky at 5'8 ,,natural gets you no where especially now days when every one gets hormones like penuts,,you chose hard sport to be in because the main problem of it is the denial and lies ,,most bodybuuilders when it comes to training are not as intense as their lies about the drugs used,,i wish it was vise versa but its not,,most bodybuilders are drug addicts and WILL NOT TRAIN WITH OUT DRUGS

good luck

My God I wonder at what point has Bodybuilding taken the wrong turn... what a waste of the one life you got.

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »
are you going to start doing "pm questions" threads to rival gh? I'd like to see you put together a big ass anabolic Q&A thread.

I will talk about anything that is the truth and I am more than happy to start sharing all the things I have experienced, seen and been involved with as long as nothing I say or show could be used directly to get anyone in trouble.

Despite what people think I dont want anyone to get in trouble or have their careers or lives ruined, but as far as the real truth and the real behind the scenes stuff.  Why not.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »

My God I wonder at what point has Bodybuilding taken the wrong turn... what a waste of the one life you got.
Ya, but a bigger wastes of the one life you get is posting nearly 10 000 times on getbig ;D

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »
can't beat the up front advice and truths behind the sport that gh15 provides!!   keep it coming gh15!!!

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »

True, if you want to be a pro bodybuilder, your health comes in second...

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 05:43:14 PM »
so bodybuilders aren't the poster boys of health, i've never heard that b4

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »

Do you mean that they eat a lot of junk food whether off season or in contest prep?

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 10:16:59 AM »
Do you mean that they eat a lot of junk food whether off season or in contest prep?

Both.  I have seen guys eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (4 at a time) only a few weeks out from the Olympia, and no they were not "carb loading" or having a cheat day.  It was caught red handed.  Shit we went by the mall once before a show and saw another pro inside the food court chowing down on pizza.  It happens all the time.  The strictness and hardcore all the way does not exist but within a handful of people.  Most everybody cheats like crazy all the time.

One of my good friends eats rice krispy treats and cinnamon twist treats like they are going out of style - regardless of on or off season.  I laugh about it every time I think about it.

Another one of my friens who has had his mass diet all over FLEX did not know where the diet came from as it was not from him, and he never did it himself.  We ate at Ghengis grill, steak n shake, Outback etc. on a daily basis.  Most of the guys I know eat fast food at least once a day.

Of course there are exceptions.  Some guys eat really clean when prepping and only cheat once in a while, but a common thread seems to be that there is consistent cheating until about the 4 week mark then people realize ooh shit if I dont buckle down I am screwed.

Then others like a friend of mine did one time is to go get whataburger just before the San Fran Pro and said "I am in ketosis so my body will use the fats and carbs to help cut me up"  the next day he looked like a dough boy because the day before he had some pizza.  So he was definitely NOT in ketosis =)

The diets are mainly a complete joke.  Most guys I have spoken with have no clue what they are doing.  Instead of using common sense they are paying someone thousands of dollars to copy diets from FLEX and re charge them for it and call themselves gurus. 

The actual strategy and science that is so specific and important comes in those last 4 weeks.  That is where you really make the big changes and the last 2 weeks are so crucial.  That is where some of the money can be wisely spent when using gurus.  However most pros keep changing things for every show so they never find out what is actually working or not working.  They change too many variables all the time they cant pin point which area is helping them or hurting them the most.

I have heard stupid shit like a trainer working with girls tell one girl she needs to eat 9 almonds another 12 almonds and yet another girl 11 almonds.  I stood there in total disbelief.  As if the difference between 9, 11, and 12 almonds is going to make or break a woman on stage.  They actually paid for that advice.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »
I have heard stupid shit like a trainer working with girls tell one girl she needs to eat 9 almonds another 12 almonds and yet another girl 11 almonds.  I stood there in total disbelief.  As if the difference between 9, 11, and 12 almonds is going to make or break a woman on stage.  They actually paid for that advice.

Throwing out a random odd number sounds like a good trick to make people think he REALLY knows what he's doing. He's like a magician, he knows whether an athlete NEEDS 11 or 13 almonds.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 11:09:15 AM »
Throwing out a random odd number sounds like a good trick to make people think he REALLY knows what he's doing. He's like a magician, he knows whether an athlete NEEDS 11 or 13 almonds.

I say if he makes them believe that number of almonds will make them peak, then they will peak on that number of almonds.  In this way, gurus are primarily helpful on a psychological level...the athletes need someone to put their faith in and usually total faith in a good guru will get you there, believe it or not.  A good guru is worth alot to the right people. 

SHRREDDitUP

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »
Both.  I have seen guys eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (4 at a time) only a few weeks out from the Olympia, and no they were not "carb loading" or having a cheat day.  It was caught red handed.  Shit we went by the mall once before a show and saw another pro inside the food court chowing down on pizza.  It happens all the time.  The strictness and hardcore all the way does not exist but within a handful of people.  Most everybody cheats like crazy all the time.

One of my good friends eats rice krispy treats and cinnamon twist treats like they are going out of style - regardless of on or off season.  I laugh about it every time I think about it.

Another one of my friens who has had his mass diet all over FLEX did not know where the diet came from as it was not from him, and he never did it himself.  We ate at Ghengis grill, steak n shake, Outback etc. on a daily basis.  Most of the guys I know eat fast food at least once a day.

Of course there are exceptions.  Some guys eat really clean when prepping and only cheat once in a while, but a common thread seems to be that there is consistent cheating until about the 4 week mark then people realize ooh shit if I dont buckle down I am screwed.

Then others like a friend of mine did one time is to go get whataburger just before the San Fran Pro and said "I am in ketosis so my body will use the fats and carbs to help cut me up"  the next day he looked like a dough boy because the day before he had some pizza.  So he was definitely NOT in ketosis =)

The diets are mainly a complete joke.  Most guys I have spoken with have no clue what they are doing.  Instead of using common sense they are paying someone thousands of dollars to copy diets from FLEX and re charge them for it and call themselves gurus. 

The actual strategy and science that is so specific and important comes in those last 4 weeks.  That is where you really make the big changes and the last 2 weeks are so crucial.  That is where some of the money can be wisely spent when using gurus.  However most pros keep changing things for every show so they never find out what is actually working or not working.  They change too many variables all the time they cant pin point which area is helping them or hurting them the most.

Cut260,
Can you tell us about the cycle's you have done ? Keep it real

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
great post cut260,  would like to hear more of this...........without dropping names ofcourse.  

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »

i personaly approve the above,,through out my career i been to many many days on season and off season eating the wollowing

penut butter choklate rice cripsys ,,boxes of it
sushi in the bulk! they know when i enter a place it has to be made of steam rice and not sticky rice but bulk of it! as in 50-100 pieaces per meal
chinease food at many many times during offseason mainly carry chiken and kong foo something noodels with some eggroles
coffee tasting bars,,chokolate penut butter spreads,,
low fat turky hot dogs in whole wheat buns through out the year in diff occations
pizza at times (with piza i always tried to keep it more isolated as in once every 30 days or 60 days but! when i eat it its a whole medium or large pizza myself) i found the replacing pizza with waxy maize gets you exactly as full as you want and  give youi the right calories only diff you can do it every single day multiple times a day and not gain fat what so ever nor bloat (minimal bloat due to the drugs not the waxy maize)
jamaican foods allthoguh out my career ,,its very good food for muscle,,majority of jamaican people are big if you take notice,,manyof them have good size
indian food,,korean food,,thai food to a lesser degree,,
ate in outback when in america many times ,,so is firehouse and steak and shake  and all that good stuff

what do i try to avoid? MEXICAN FOOD,,TOO MUCH MCDONALDS ,,MILK AND too much cheese if at all beside piza,,TOO MANY SOUCY DISHES ,,
always try to balance things out throughout the month but I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY BODYBUILDER IN MY LIFE TIME WHO STICKED TO CLEAN FOOD NONE STOP ,,THOSE BODYBUILDERS ARE EXIST BUT THEY ARE USUALLY SITTING RIGHT AT THE 5'7 160LB 8-9% ,,THEY JUST CANT GROW,,YOU DO NOT GROW ON ONLY CLEAN FOOD IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ,,YOU CANT GROW ON CHIKEN AND RICE ONLY EVEN IF YOU EAT IT 20 TIMES A DAY,,THE BODY DOESNT WORK THIS WAY ,,CALORIE IS NOT A CALORIE,,THE BRAIN FUNCTION ON STIMULANTS,,YOUR BODY WILL NOT RESPOND TO CHIKEN AND RICE ONLY UNLESS! YOU TRY TO PREP AND LOSE WEIGHT! OR MAINTAINTIN WEIGHT BUT NEVER GROWING,,THE DIET ON ONLY CHIKEN AND RICE AND SOME PENUT BUTTER IS A DIET THAT IN MOST CASES WILL LEAVE YOU VERY WEAK ,,SMALLER THAN YOU COULD HAVE COME,,AND WILL MAKE YOUR PREP A HELL AND YOU STILL WONT WIN ANYTHING AT THE END BECAUSE YOU WILL COME THE SMALLEST WITH PLENTY OF GUYS PLACING BEFORE YOU BECAUSE THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT DIET WAS AND TOOK THE RIGHTG DRUGS AND JUST REDIUCED CALORIES BUT NEVER COUNTED ON THIS STUPID BELIEF OF ONLY CHIKEN AND RICE,,

WHO STARTED THIS IDEA? I DONT KNOW BUT IT IS SAME AS DECA DICK,,,ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD!
fallen angel

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
There is so much crap talked about in this industry how would anyone know unless you live in their medicine draw each and every day.Just think Endocrine system shut down,Insulin dependant adult diabetes,Thyroxine for the rest of there lives as thyroid gland shut down,Kidney problems from heavy Diuretic use,Liver problems from detoxing so many drugs,High blood pressure,Heart problems,Infections from injections and so many more complications and for what??A hand full of guys make some $$$$$ but most don't even own a home.I think EGO might have something to do with it.And I have not even mentioned Rec drugs.So much for a healthy sport,Momo,Munzer,Mentzer,Chris Dim,Materazzo,Milos,and a whole lot more the list is way too many to type. ::)

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 05:24:21 PM »
I will talk about anything that is the truth and I am more than happy to start sharing all the things I have experienced, seen and been involved with as long as nothing I say or show could be used directly to get anyone in trouble.

Despite what people think I dont want anyone to get in trouble or have their careers or lives ruined, but as far as the real truth and the real behind the scenes stuff.  Why not.

you seem like a stand up guy, past history a side. Some reason you come off as sincere.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »

good luck

Congrats on learning to spell!

Jason

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 09:29:05 PM »

good luck
I agree with the last part, but 160lbs at 5' 8" naturally is a joke.  I was that in 93'..haha  At 17.  Probably 5%.
My favorite is when I talk to a gear user and I know he's lying to me about what he's taking at the time.  These guys reek of insecurity.  Especially, when I dominate more than 85% of juiced up physiques.  I can't imagine someone on no drugs owning my physique, I felt I had to lie to no be embarassed.  Once drugs are involved, you never know what quantities or when someone is using or not.  It seems like any time I ask, they always reply..."I'm off now."  Most people are simply weak.
N

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:45 AM »
I agree with the last part, but 160lbs at 5' 8" naturally is a joke.  I was that in 93'..haha  At 17.  Probably 5%.
My favorite is when I talk to a gear user and I know he's lying to me about what he's taking at the time.  These guys reek of insecurity.  Especially, when I dominate more than 85% of juiced up physiques.  I can't imagine someone on no drugs owning my physique, I felt I had to lie to no be embarassed.  Once drugs are involved, you never know what quantities or when someone is using or not.  It seems like any time I ask, they always reply..."I'm off now."  Most people are simply weak.

juice heads are always "off"