Author Topic: Fedor's open letter to Dana White  (Read 4721 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Fedor's open letter to Dana White
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »
Fedor’s official open letter to the UFC president Dana WhitePublish date: February, 9, 2008
Fedor Emelianenko on Dana White's statements and Randy ‘The Natural’ Couture

Numerous times I have read mister White’s statements on Internet concerning myself. In my opinion, allowing yourself to say those things is not a sign of a gentleman or a grown man at all! If he candidly wants to prove himself right then let my fight with Randy happen or let me face the reigning UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In the future I wouldn’t want to hear those unfounded statements in my address ever again.

My last fight in Japan proved that I’m ready to fight anybody with any size advantage, skill set or experience. I have fought and still wish to fight the best athletes. The Randy fight is my goal number one right now, he’s a great fighter and this is a very unfortunate situation when too strict and one-sided UFC contracts don’t let this fight happen.

The whole world is eager to see me fight your champions instead of listening to your press-conferences. I’m signed with M-1 Global and this promotion is ready to organize such fights under our banner or in co-promoted events.

Predictions
 40/61

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Fedor's open letter to Dana White
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 05:20:38 PM »

Fedor needs to get real too....even if he is the best in the world, Lesnar's going to get more PPV buys for UFC than Fedor.  Once Fedor beats Couture, or submits Lesnar in less than a minute, that's when he gets bargaining power. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »
Fedor needs to get real too....even if he is the best in the world, Lesnar's going to get more PPV buys for UFC than Fedor.  Once Fedor beats Couture, or submits Lesnar in less than a minute, that's when he gets bargaining power. 

LOL

I miss the old days of mma [pride]  ;D

fedor is real. the sad part is that white is a bitch and he is getting more air time than he deserves.

let randy and fedor fight already, this mma is a business mantra is getting real old. There needs to be competiton. We should be supporting the fighters and mma not organizations.

Yes I love pride fc and what it was all about. It's all about the fighters and letting them fight with the best set of rules.

UFC and D. White are destroying what this sport should be about. It's creating all these UFC nuthuggers,  it's pathetic.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:31 PM »
Why don't they fight in the UFC?
E

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »

Fedor's not part of the UFC.  His contract is with M1, so they have to do a cross-promotion.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:12 PM »
LOL

I miss the old days of mma [pride]  ;D

fedor is real. the sad part is that white is a bitch and he is getting more air time than he deserves.

let randy and fedor fight already, this mma is a business mantra is getting real old. There needs to be competiton. We should be supporting the fighters and mma not organizations.

Yes I love pride fc and what it was all about. It's all about the fighters and letting them fight with the best set of rules.

UFC and D. White are destroying what this sport should be about. It's creating all these UFC nuthuggers,  it's pathetic.

Yeah, being ' true to the sport" worked out real well for Pride.  ::) 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »
Fedor's not part of the UFC.  His contract is with M1, so they have to do a cross-promotion.

I thought that Randy had a contract with the UFC? Also, didn't Fedor have a chance to sign with the UFC and turn them down?
E

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
I thought that Randy had a contract with the UFC? Also, didn't Fedor have a chance to sign with the UFC and turn them down?

Randy does have a contract with UFC that he's trying to renegotiate/get out of.  Fedor didn't like White's terms, so he turned UFC down.....what Fedor needs to understand is that in the US people buy PPVs based on names.......and as you know,, LEsnar is the best-known by far.  Couture's gotten some publicity/recognition since TUF. 

To get bargaining power with White, Fedor needs a dominant win against Couture or Lesnar.  The dude on the street hasn't heard of Nog. 

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »
I feel sorry for the UFC fighter who has to fight Fedor. Fedor will make an example out of the person. Dana should not have done this to one of his fighters.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »

pure mindlessness !

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

pure mindlessness !

You have a different opinion? Share it.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:22:07 PM »
You have a different opinion? Share it.

fedor does'nt have to negotiate with dana or anyone else as long as he's in M-1,it dos'nt matter who they feed to fedor ,anyone who's been following the sport knows that all roads to any universal recognition of who's the WORLD champion at hvywght goes though fedor.....

let's face it,as long as fedor stays unbeaten in M-1,the ufc heavy's will always be fighting in fedors shadow

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 08:29:09 PM »
fedor does'nt have to negotiate with dana or anyone else as long as he's in M-1,it dos'nt matter who they feed to fedor ,anyone who's been following the sport knows that all roads to any universal recognition of who's the WORLD champion at hvywght goes though fedor.....

let's face it,as long as fedor stays unbeaten in M-1,the ufc heavy's will always be fighting in fedors shadow

I don't disagree with that......however, if the "letter" is true, Fedor seems interested in fighting either Couture or Nogueira.  All I'm saying is that if he wants that, he's going to have to take the first steps on White's terms......once the UFC hype machine turns Fedor into a PPV seller, then he can ask for whatever he wants. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 08:41:46 PM »
I don't disagree with that......however, if the "letter" is true, Fedor seems interested in fighting either Couture or Nogueira.  All I'm saying is that if he wants that, he's going to have to take the first steps on White's terms......once the UFC hype machine turns Fedor into a PPV seller, then he can ask for whatever he wants. 

I get the impression fedor has no interest in signing any long term contract with the UFC,seems to me he's looking for one superfight with Couture because couture was the first heavy in sometime that's generated any interest.....

I think the purpose of the letter was that fedor just dos'nt like dana's disrespect for anything that's NOT UFC......

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 02:04:47 AM »
He has beaten Nog twice.
This just proves again how shitty the HW division is.
Randy at 44 is the only challenge left for fedor.
$

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 06:12:30 AM »
fedor really only wants to fight randy

randy really only wants to fight fedor

dana wants it to be on his terms

fedor and randy want it to be on theres

sounds like we got a stalemate

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
I get the impression fedor has no interest in signing any long term contract with the UFC,seems to me he's looking for one superfight with Couture because couture was the first heavy in sometime that's generated any interest.....

I think the purpose of the letter was that fedor just dos'nt like dana's disrespect for anything that's NOT UFC......

Maybe.  It's weird that he would ask for Nogueira again........must just want to shame White.  Has Couture said anything about the letter? 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »

Why should they have to fight in the UFC ?? I'm sick and tired of everyone bitching out Fedor for not signing with the UFC... obviously it's not in his best interests, it's obvious he will fight ANYONE put in front of him and plow through them with no effort... If the UFC wasn't such a pussy ass corrupt organization then maybe Fedor would fight there, but seeing as they want to own his image/copyright and won't allow him to participate in his yearly Sambo tournaments, then fuck them.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 07:34:49 AM »
In my opinion, the reason the fight between Couture and Fedor has yet to take place has less to do with Fedor's "fear" of his UFC opposition than Dana White's greed to "owe" everyone in sight. In fact, I'll run my mouth and say that the fight hasn't happened because Fedor does not want to become just another of White's bitches. Dana better watch out what he says... or new MMA companies are going to start popping up everywhere.

I seriously have a problem buying the official story that Fedor is affraid of the UFC heavyweights. Look at who he's fought: some of the worst badasses in the planet. Do you think he fears Randy Couture? Nígga pleaze!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 07:45:42 AM »
Most of the worlds best fighters are in the UFC. You wanna fight the best you gotta go where the best fights. Apparantely it's more important to Fedor to fight cans and participate in his lame Sambo tournament (oh brother!) than to fight the best!
Z

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 09:15:25 AM »
Most of the worlds best fighters are in the UFC. You wanna fight the best you gotta go where the best fights. Apparantely it's more important to Fedor to fight cans and participate in his lame Sambo tournament (oh brother!) than to fight the best!

Well... I'm pretty sure he sees things differently now. Fedor (probably) went from fighting for next to 0 money to making relatively "big" bucks. Physically he knows he's got 3-5 years at the top, so he (most likely) does not want to make a wrong move at this point in his career. If he fights Couture he will most likely beat him. That means 5-6 title fights in 3-4 years making even bigger bucks.

I'm sure he's getting that money over in Japan without having to put up with White's bullshit.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
Well... I'm pretty sure he sees things differently now. Fedor (probably) went from fighting for next to 0 money to making relatively "big" bucks. Physically he knows he's got 3-5 years at the top, so he (most likely) does not want to make a wrong move at this point in his career. If he fights Couture he will most likely beat him. That means 5-6 title fights in 3-4 years making even bigger bucks.

I'm sure he's getting that money over in Japan without having to put up with White's bullshit.

the biggest guaranteed money is in the ufc, as is exposure and sponsor money. m1 are nobody at this point. pride are dead. you have the title in ufc year after year thats some big bucks. and since ufc is the no 1 organization he would face the toughest competition there.

whats whites bullshit exactly?
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
the biggest guaranteed money is in the ufc, as is exposure and sponsor money. m1 are nobody at this point. pride are dead. you have the title in ufc year after year thats some big bucks. and since ufc is the no 1 organization he would face the toughest competition there.

whats whites bullshit exactly?

M1's heavyweight division is already better than the UFC's. What's your point you uninformed dipshit?

The fact of the matter is that Fedor has a lot of pride about winning the their national sambo championship for how many years now. The UFC won't let him do that if he signs and the other shit he likes. Why sign with an organization that shits all over you? 

What will signing with the UFC do for his legacy? The only fighter in their that belongs in his league is Nog right now.

Randy will get decimated. Hope he's popping more steroids than usual if he wants to stand a chance.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 10:12:30 AM »
M1's heavyweight division is already better than the UFC's. What's your point you uninformed dipshit?

The fact of the matter is that Fedor has a lot of pride about winning the their national sambo championship for how many years now. The UFC won't let him do that if he signs and the other shit he likes. Why sign with an organization that shits all over you? 

What will signing with the UFC do for his legacy? The only fighter in their that belongs in his league is Nog right now.

Randy will get decimated. Hope he's popping more steroids than usual if he wants to stand a chance.

like i said, m1 is nothing at this point.

of course they wont him let do other shit outside the contract. you think michael jordan was allowed to go to europe to play basketball outside the nba?

what will fighting tomato cans do to his legacy?
Z