Author Topic: Who says Yates dominated from the side??  (Read 8618 times)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
Re: Who says Yates dominated from the side??
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
  Nasser was wider than Yates from the front in the symmetry round, no doubt. He also had better taper. But at everything else, Yates crushed him. Even in the abs-and-thighs Nasser couldn't get his superior abs to work for him. When they did the quarter turns in the symmetry round, the superior thuckness of Yates' pecs and lats made Nasser look thin. From the back, I do think Nasser held hos own in terms of width in the back double biceps, but Yates crushed him for detail and hardnes. In the rear lat spread, Yates was too much for Nasser to handle.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
  Nasser was wider than Yates from the front in the symmetry round, no doubt. He also had better taper. But at everything else, Yates crushed him. Even in the abs-and-thighsw Nasser couldn't get his superior abs to work for him. When they did the quarter turns in the symmetry round, the superior thuckness of Yates' pecs and lats made Nasser look thin. From the back, I do think Nasser held hos own in terms of width in the back double biceps, but Yates crushed him for detail and hardnes. In the rear lat spread, Yates was too much for Nasser to handle.
I also heard it mentioned on this board that Yates' thuggish tattoos and 'racist' past also were a factor is his victories. Did you notice this as he posed with Nasser?   ;)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
Stuff like posing and in the flesh detail is completely unimportant. What really matters is that the Olympia is judged at least a decade later by internet dudes using selected/selective photographs.

O

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
I also heard it mentioned on this board that Yates' thuggish tattoos and 'racist' past also were a factor is his victories. Did you notice this as he posed with Nasser?   ;)

No, what I noticed is that people cheered more for Nasser when both were standing relaxed from the front, but at everything else the cheers for Dorian were greater. And no one booed Yates when he was announced first. No one! I have already wrote why I believe Yates was the clear winner, so no need to go there again.

As for the racism thing, first of all Yates was not a racist. He was a member of a punk gang when he was young, but the members of these gangs in Britain are multiracial. Secondly, if he did have a racist past, how would that help him? Have you ever heard of political correctness? Being racist certainly doesen't help you.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »
Stuff like posing and in the flesh detail is completely unimportant. What really matters is that the Olympia is judged at least a decade later by internet dudes using selected/selective photographs.
+ personal agendas.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »
  No, what I noticed is that people cheered more for Nasser when both were standing relaxed from the front, but at everything else the cheers for Dorian were greater. And no one booed Yates when he was announced first. No one! I have already wrote why I believe Yates was the clear winner, so no need to go there again.

As for the racism thing, first of all Yates was not a racist. He was a member of a punk gang when he was young, but the members of these gangs in Britain are multiracial. Secondly, if he did have a racist past, how would that help him? Have you ever heard of political correctness? Being racist certainly doesen't help you.
I guess you missed my ironic smiley at the end my post, like the one here --> ;)