Author Topic: Assualt rifle ban  (Read 1454 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Assualt rifle ban
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
If the democrats win the election which i can see happening if obama and hillary run together do you think they will enact another ban and are you for it or not?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Assualt rifle ban
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »
Democrats know better than to mess with peoples guns... It will be a sure fire way to loose a re-election in 2012.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
I have guns, but not assault rifles.    They could be banned and i wouldnt care

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:58:15 PM »
Democrats know better than to mess with peoples guns... It will be a sure fire way to loose a re-election in 2012.

Yeah, we sure don't want any elections running "loose"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »
Yeah, we sure don't want any elections running "loose"
Yeah, because accidentally typing a second "o" on a keyboard is unheard of.

::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »
Hahaha. I'm sure that's what happened.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »
Perhaps there's a few more important things going on in politics than a typographical error... No?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 09:10:39 PM »
Perhaps there's a few more important things going on in politics than a typographical error... No?

Depends.....who're you planning to vote for?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
I have guns, but not assault rifles.    They could be banned and i wouldnt care
you should b/c if some ppl had their way you wouldnt have guns at all and it has to start somewhere...do you have shot guns or pistols? b/c these two were also affected by the last gun ban

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »

Depends.....who're you planning to vote for?

Still undecided... I like and dislike them all for different reasons actually.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »
Still undecided... I like and dislike them all for different reasons actually.

Why do you dislike Obambi?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 09:36:17 PM »
Why do you dislike Obambi?

No real plan... I understand the idea of "new blood", but he while he talks about "change", he has yet to show me any REAL plan... that bothers the shit out of me and reminds me of the Kerry campaign 4 years ago.

I want to see the plans for change, not just say "I'm different".

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 12:05:46 PM »
No real plan... I understand the idea of "new blood", but he while he talks about "change", he has yet to show me any REAL plan... that bothers the shit out of me and reminds me of the Kerry campaign 4 years ago.

I want to see the plans for change, not just say "I'm different".

Having a "real plan" is for people who get swept in for second terms on landslide wins like FDR and Reagan. they have a mandate.  Obambi's stated priority is to reach across the aisle, so I'm glad he doesn't have detailed plans yet.  He's headed in a particular direction, but God has not told him the exact path to take (as God did with Bush). 

I would be more concerned if I was not convinced of his character and his liberal credentials.  Nobody will dispute the latter.  He's also willing to reach out to those with more experience, which is also something i like to see. These factors give me an indication of which direction he will go in.

The only question in my mind is whether he's willing to confront the DoD and have them get their house in order.  But given the alternatives, I see no better alternative in this areaa.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
Having a "real plan" is for people who get swept in for second terms on landslide wins like FDR and Reagan. they have a mandate.  Obambi's stated priority is to reach across the aisle, so I'm glad he doesn't have detailed plans yet.  He's headed in a particular direction, but God has not told him the exact path to take (as God did with Bush). 

I would be more concerned if I was not convinced of his character and his liberal credentials.  Nobody will dispute the latter.  He's also willing to reach out to those with more experience, which is also something i like to see. These factors give me an indication of which direction he will go in.

The only question in my mind is whether he's willing to confront the DoD and have them get their house in order.  But given the alternatives, I see no better alternative in this areaa.

I do see your point... One of my biggest fears about supporting any of the others is that everything remains "business as usual".

I agree that the idea of "getting help" from those with more experience is very important... I thought Bush was going that route when he brought in Colin Powell however, and we see how that went.

I can only hope Obama would be more inclined to listen to those he brings in with that experience.

I'm quite certain that if Hillary or McCain gets into the White House that nothing will really change and the same agenda that we've had for 8 years will continue to be pushed... Just with a different face behind it.

I'd really like to see some things done differently... Changes to basic structures. Education, Economy, and of course how we view "defense".

I believe in defense, I just feel that defense is done by being in your own backyard and taking to anyone who tries to come into your house.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
you can ban guns, fatty foods, smoking, anything like that no problem. that is if your a liberal.. but search your bags at the airport is "taking away your rights"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 04:43:59 PM »
you can ban guns, fatty foods, smoking, anything like that no problem. that is if your a liberal.. but search your bags at the airport is "taking away your rights"

I'm liberal... at least socially.

I always thought I was the "average american" when it came to politics.

I want fiscal responsibility, and social liberalism.

Keep the government out of my house and away from my property (guns included).

I am ok with "programs" as the right wing puts it... when the programs are used to truly help people, and are not abused. The phrase, a "hand up, not a hand out" comes to mind.

The war in Iraq is the biggest "program" the government has today... The money isn't going to anyone in this country though... It's going over seas... I don't like that "program" one bit.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »
I'm liberal... at least socially.

I always thought I was the "average american" when it came to politics.

I want fiscal responsibility, and social liberalism.

Keep the government out of my house and away from my property (guns included).

I am ok with "programs" as the right wing puts it... when the programs are used to truly help people, and are not abused. The phrase, a "hand up, not a hand out" comes to mind.

The war in Iraq is the biggest "program" the government has today... The money isn't going to anyone in this country though... It's going over seas... I don't like that "program" one bit.

well said.