Author Topic: Democratic Delegate Count  (Read 514 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Democratic Delegate Count
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:40:58 AM »

Shouldn't this whole thing be more straightforward?  Shouldn't the designation process be more transparent? 

Every major news organization as well as the Clinton and Obama camps themselves are reporting different delegate totals. 

I never heard of 'superdelegates' before a month ago, but the more I learn about this whole process, the shadier the whole affair becomes.  I cannot help but think that the Clinton people have every intention of stealing the nomination by any means necessary. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Democratic Delegate Count
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 05:54:09 AM »
Shouldn't this whole thing be more straightforward?  Shouldn't the designation process be more transparent? 

Every major news organization as well as the Clinton and Obama camps themselves are reporting different delegate totals. 

I never heard of 'superdelegates' before a month ago, but the more I learn about this whole process, the shadier the whole affair becomes.  I cannot help but think that the Clinton people have every intention of stealing the nomination by any means necessary. 
I agree.  Sounds stupid to me.  In an atmosphere where nobody trusts the process anymore, this is a stupid setup.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Democratic Delegate Count
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »

The whole thing is complicated on purpose. Delegates, super delegates, caucuses, rules that change as the proccess moves along, brokered conventions, some states using touch screen pads, others using paper, etc.. It sure makes stealing an election a lot easier.