Author Topic: muscle asylum project questions?  (Read 3991 times)

sickfitz

• Getbig II
muscle asylum project questions?
« on: February 09, 2008, 12:04:58 PM »
ok so quick question has anyone used the muscle asylum project supplements? if so how did they work for u?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: muscle asylum project questions?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »
ok so quick question has anyone used the muscletech asylum project supplements? if so how did they work for u?

Fixed.

Crap products and gay advertising.

Don't waste your money.... :-\

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »
over priced over hyped.

but if money isnt a worry and you dont mind looking like a complete tool buying that shit.......the ingredient listings on the products are actually quite impressive.

same as witth muscletech.... good products, but not for the price.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
Fixed.

Crap products and gay advertising.

Don't waste your money.... :-\

Bump

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
Better then steroids!! I recomend the entire line! It's working for Silvio ::)

lubawyb612

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 08:27:33 PM »
i got some free samples of all their productcs.  Their protein Freak Fix was absolutely terrible.  It was impossible to get the powder completely blended and it tasted horrible.  The Anabolic OD tasted pretty good but cant vouch for results with only a few samples.  Their fat burner gave a decent energy buzz.  I have yet to try the Nitric Oxide sample yet.  But Id say overall,dont waste your money.

sickfitz

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »
ok so that what would u recoment. iam not looking for a huge calorie intake, just something to help with the strength gains, and to look better. i am almost dont with my t3 and looking to maintain instead of bulk back up like i did with the truemass(bsn) like i did the first time. oh and if ur looking for size truemass is the way to go i slamed on 25lbs in 2 1/2 months and it was all hard.

lubawyb612

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »
oh and if ur looking for size truemass is the way to go i slamed on 25lbs in 2 1/2 months and it was all hard.

BSN is pure garbage

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 03:07:14 AM »
ok so that what would u recoment. iam not looking for a huge calorie intake, just something to help with the strength gains, and to look better. i am almost dont with my t3 and looking to maintain instead of bulk back up like i did with the truemass(bsn) like i did the first time. oh and if ur looking for size truemass is the way to go i slamed on 25lbs in 2 1/2 months and it was all hard.

HUGE BULLSHIT FLAG...KNOWONE UNLESS YOUR CYCLING GEAR AND EVEN THEN I DOUBT IT...BUT DEFIENTLY NOT WITH FAT MASS BY BSN YOU GAINED 25 POUNDS OF HARD MUSCLE AHAHAHA NOPE.... MAYBE HARD ADIPOSE TISSUE??

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 06:41:18 AM »
I"m the biggest skeptic going, i puposely stood away from muscle tech because of their overly flashy marketing, muscle asylum seems not far behind them. it seems like they put money into marketing instead of the products.

In my opinion the two greatest and under recognized brands are Beverly International, they have great liver pills and aminos and VPX brand. VPX is a little expensive but i think they have the most quality stuff and they aren't using pros to market their stuff either. They have a zero carb, time released protein containing casein, egg and why proteins, thinfat efa and fibertec fiber. Plus they have the NO shotgun, it kills my stomach and gives me a headache, but it definately gets the blood flowing...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
I love Beverly International, pricey, but you get what you pay for, top of the line products.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
I love Beverly International, pricey, but you get what you pay for, top of the line products.

Agreed.

However, their diets are still in the '70's. Natty guy at my gym swears by them and he is guzzling heavy whipping cream because they told him too.  :-\

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »
Agreed.

However, their diets are still in the '70's. Natty guy at my gym swears by them and he is guzzling heavy whipping cream because they told him too.  :-\

Ahhh.....he's doing the old Larry Scott routine. Then again, as skinny as Scott was, the heavy cream was a necessity to put some meat on his bones.

Leo Ingram used to endorse Beverly's products in the mid-90s, before he went on hiatus. Now, he's with Six Star.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 07:20:25 AM »
BSN is pure garbage

BSN is not garbage. They make tolerable products. NOXplode is a great NO product. The downside is they can be expensive. Muscletech/Muscle Asylum Project are not garbage either. Once again pricey.
The trouble with all these "brand names" is they market the stuff as being "steroid-like". They prey on young and foolish beginners. If you want a protein powder buy one that has the right ingedients i.e. amount of protein/carbs/fats per scoup. Weight up the calories vs. the taste. If, like me and most others here, you already realise whey is going to taste pretty much like crap then go for a company like trueprotein and blend your own.

Supplements have their place in anyone's diet but only as a supplement to a good eating plan and workout routine. Don't think that True Mass, Freak Fix, or whatever is going to add 25lbs of solid muscle to your body. It won't happen. If it does then I'll be watching you take a Sandow home!

To any of the beginners out there go check out products from Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize and CNP. These companies make very good products and at a fairly ok cost. Don't waste your money on the products that look like steroids and give you huge muscles overnight - if they did that they would be illegal etc.

Just my two cents!

Go team Pumpkin Head

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 07:28:06 AM »
BSN is not garbage. They make tolerable products. NOXplode is a great NO product. The downside is they can be expensive. Muscletech/Muscle Asylum Project are not garbage either. Once again pricey.
The trouble with all these "brand names" is they market the stuff as being "steroid-like". They prey on young and foolish beginners. If you want a protein powder buy one that has the right ingedients i.e. amount of protein/carbs/fats per scoup. Weight up the calories vs. the taste. If, like me and most others here, you already realise whey is going to taste pretty much like crap then go for a company like trueprotein and blend your own.

Supplements have their place in anyone's diet but only as a supplement to a good eating plan and workout routine. Don't think that True Mass, Freak Fix, or whatever is going to add 25lbs of solid muscle to your body. It won't happen. If it does then I'll be watching you take a Sandow home!

To any of the beginners out there go check out products from Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize and CNP. These companies make very good products and at a fairly ok cost. Don't waste your money on the products that look like steroids and give you huge muscles overnight - if they did that they would be illegal etc.

Just my two cents!

Go team Pumpkin Head

nice post bro all of which is pretty much spot on...

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 08:13:56 AM »
nice post bro all of which is pretty much spot on...

Thank you. It's just some truths that some beginners need to realize. If your training is in check and your diet is good then the supplements can aid this. I work in a job where I can only eat a solid meal twice while I'm there. I then "supplement" these solid food meals with 2 protein shakes taken at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. i.e. in between my solid meals.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 08:26:49 AM »
Thank you. It's just some truths that some beginners need to realize. If your training is in check and your diet is good then the supplements can aid this. I work in a job where I can only eat a solid meal twice while I'm there. I then "supplement" these solid food meals with 2 protein shakes taken at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. i.e. in between my solid meals.

yea man im with you i can usually get 1 good meal and the rest of the day is a protein bar and or shake or something...and ill admit that when i first started i fell victim to the shiny advertisements from BSN and a couple from MUSCLETECH i think everyone has just about...but i have learned and one way or the other everyone will.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »
yea man im with you i can usually get 1 good meal and the rest of the day is a protein bar and or shake or something...and ill admit that when i first started i fell victim to the shiny advertisements from BSN and a couple from MUSCLETECH i think everyone has just about...but i have learned and one way or the other everyone will.

Of course. Everyone does whether they admit it or not. I did too. Who doesn't want to put on freaky mass without taking steroids - Everyone! The ads Muscletech produce are fantastic until you realise the stuff doesnt work that way! My favourite from them is Leucic. Advertised like its a real steroid - giving anabolic results!!! I do actually like BSN products. Sometimes I can get Syntha-6 cheap but it only lasts me a few days. I prefer to buy 10lb or 15lb bags of stuff and use that.

I found the best way to get a decent meal in is prepare it the night before and place it in a cooler or a fridge. For my lunch I will have a green salad with chicken or tuna, rice cakes and cottage cheese and some water. I make the chicken the night before and leave it in the fridge until I go to work the next morning.
Protein bars have their place but I would prefer to chew on real food! 

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »
Of course. Everyone does whether they admit it or not. I did too. Who doesn't want to put on freaky mass without taking steroids - Everyone! The ads Muscletech produce are fantastic until you realise the stuff doesnt work that way! My favourite from them is Leucic. Advertised like its a real steroid - giving anabolic results!!! I do actually like BSN products. Sometimes I can get Syntha-6 cheap but it only lasts me a few days. I prefer to buy 10lb or 15lb bags of stuff and use that.

I found the best way to get a decent meal in is prepare it the night before and place it in a cooler or a fridge. For my lunch I will have a green salad with chicken or tuna, rice cakes and cottage cheese and some water. I make the chicken the night before and leave it in the fridge until I go to work the next morning.
Protein bars have their place but I would prefer to chew on real food! 

yea i dont mind BSN products but they are expensive...and i do the same thing with the food the night before only no rice cakes for me just chicken some salad adn tuna and boiled eggs all mixed together....also i love food...just thought id throw that in there...hahahaaaa

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
As a former fat bastard I also love food and alcohol..I also love women and by god women don't like fat fucks.

However eating lots of clean food is completely acceptable! People keep saying to me...you are always eating...true I am! I love to eat.
You could always prepare 3 salads and eat them throughout the day. Fruit is good to have with a protein shake. Makes you feel like you are not just drinking your meals.

flex933

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
op whey is good for the money, gnc just came out with a 28gram per serving whey isolate which seems reasonable, as far as taste isopure is good and mri protein

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 12:08:35 AM »
op whey is good for the money, gnc just came out with a 28gram per serving whey isolate which seems reasonable, as far as taste isopure is good and mri protein

i like isopure alot and the price is descent...still though my favorite flavors are Muscle Milk although i think there ingredient quality sucks there flavors were awesome imho...

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 01:16:05 AM »
For taste you can't beat Syntha-6...its unbelievable. 200 calories for a 23g protein scoup is pretty shitty though

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 09:43:23 AM »
For taste you can't beat Syntha-6...its unbelievable. 200 calories for a 23g protein scoup is pretty shitty though

Of course it tastes good, half of a Syntha 6 scoop is carbs and fats.  :-\

Putting it at about 50% protein per scoop. To me, that is a rip off. I want a protein to be in the high 70's - low 90's.

For a blend, I use Max Muscle High 5. 82% protein per scoop.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 04:55:13 PM »
Actually guys, I have heard rumors that Muscle Asylum is actually MuscleTech in disguise...they are just advertising this new brand under another name in order to fool customers into believing they are an alternative to MuscleTech...MuscleTech knows that everyone is now on to their over-hyped advertising and over-hyped muscle gain claims... so they figure they can just start up this new company and try to get those people who are fed up with MuscleTech and would never again buy their products, to try something new that they in fact own...this way they still are able to get the average gym shmoe to throw away dollars on their expensive over-hyped products... I looked at the containers in the store (GNC) and the Muscle Asylum containers are the same as the MuscleTech containers....