Author Topic: whey protien acne? body fortress brand?  (Read 9616 times)

warrior_code

• Getbig III
Re: whey protien acne? body fortress brand?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »

The above clearly shows what causes pimples.  I doubt the whey protein could be the cause, but if you feel it is I would advise you to stop taking it.  If you are not the "type" of person that gets pimples, I suggest you invest in a simple over the counter facial cleanser and they should clear up rather quickly.  I advise against benzoyl peroxide, it is effective at killing acne bacteria but in my opinion, that is not the best way in treating acne.  You can kill P.acnes all you want but it is apart of human microflora and will always be on each of us.  

Candidate,  There are some over the counter products that claim they can diminish the appearance of acne related scarring(such as various topical products).  Most with moderate scarring find these do not have a signifigant effect.  The only exception reported is when they are used during the healing stage.  There are however, many types of procedures you can have done such as ablative lasers and subcision.  They do come with a hefty price tag.   I suggest you speak to a dermatologist to get more information.        

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 03:00:40 PM »
why before training?

after training is the only time i see the use for it.

hmm it contains a lot of aminoacids, it keeps you in a less catabolic state during resistance training i think, if you want to be a pro its advisable but its a little over the hill for the regular joe.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 03:02:25 PM »
great results with it  ::)

you make it sound like a steroid. real food works better either way...

the fact that i increased my protein intake by 100% is the reason i got great results. never tried sterioids but i think protein is jsut as important as anabolics, if not more.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
you can easely get all the protein you need from eating real foods

300+īgram without a problem for me eating real foods only.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
It's possible that the acne has something to do with insulin. Whey causes a nice insulin boost.

http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles/Final%20Acne%20Article.pdf

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »

The above clearly shows what causes pimples.  I doubt the whey protein could be the cause, but if you feel it is I would advise you to stop taking it.  If you are not the "type" of person that gets pimples, I suggest you invest in a simple over the counter facial cleanser and they should clear up rather quickly.  I advise against benzoyl peroxide, it is effective at killing acne bacteria but in my opinion, that is not the best way in treating acne.  You can kill P.acnes all you want but it is apart of human microflora and will always be on each of us.   

Candidate,  There are some over the counter products that claim they can diminish the appearance of acne related scarring(such as various topical products).  Most with moderate scarring find these do not have a signifigant effect.  The only exception reported is when they are used during the healing stage.  There are however, many types of procedures you can have done such as ablative lasers and subcision.  They do come with a hefty price tag.   I suggest you speak to a dermatologist to get more information.         
cool, thanks man!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
Candidizzle did you get your zits by cleaning pools? ;D

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 03:22:49 PM »
Candidizzle did you get your zits by cleaning pools? ;D
nahhh.... high sat. fat+ sugar intake...plus a lack of knowledge on how to wash properly, and a lack of motivation to wash at all! ahah.

...the facial scar i have are from cysts...   those, i got, i am pretty sure, because of all the coke i was doing. i had like 5 ugly as fuck facial cysts...got them during the time span when i was busting lines all day long every day....pretty sure it weakened my immune system and thats what i got the cysts from. i stopped getting them in rehab...and i got them removed the day i got out..never had another one.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »
Protien - Protein
N

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »
why before training?

after training is the only time i see the use for it.
if your going to drink a whey protein shake only one time, then before training is the best time to do it.    it prevents your body from using muscular proteins for fuel. which is the most anabolic way to workout. without a high level of complete protein circulating in the blood, the body will resort to breaking itself down during training. if you can prevent this..   its most desireable. 

the human body cannot, even in juicers, synthesize protein at a high enough rate to utilize all of the aminos that will be in the blood stream as a result of drinking a predigested whey shake....  think about how much whole food you would have to eat in order to get 20-40 grams of protein into the blood stream at one time..  that would be a copious amount of food.     

so why would we EVER need to use whey...sinc protien is a building nutrient, and whey provides WAY too many building blocks WAY too fast...and after a very brief period of time they leave the body..    because in the case of whey protien, we dont want to use it for protein synthesis..we want to use it as a source of energy!! (or to quickly jump out of catabolism) 

during a workout it is ineviteable that our bodies will signal the breakdown of proteins..   but if we supply a big amount of protein in the blood stream, we prevent the body from breaking itself down.

big time anabolism going on here...we could actually be BUILDING muscle IN the gym..we dont even have to wait untilll we get done working out!! 

post workout you only need to supplement with bcaa's...because that is what is going to be depleted from your amino acid pool during training..and they are vital for protein synthesis.   so once you replenish those bcaa's, you now have useable protein in sufficient amounts within yoir body..so immidietly post workout its best to head straigt to the whole food.  even with the quickest digesting whole food..egg whites.. its going to be 45 mins before those aminos start to trickle into the blood stream. so if you dirnk a whey shake post training....then wait 60-90 minutes to eat your post training meal... by the time you eat that meal your whey is no longer going to be active in the body (like i said...60-90 minutes of activity for whey proteins..)..so you are making your body starve on protein for at LEAST 45 mins..and thats if you eqt egg whites post workout.   if you are drinking whey, waiting an hour, then eating chicken..your making your body starve for HOURS!     

what is your body doing during that time of protein deprivation...   a time post-workout when issue repair is greatly enhanced... well its eating its own muscle tissue...   

so drinking a whey shake before your workout is key to prevent muscle breakdown during the workout...   and you need to hit up whole foods immidietly post workout.

now, whey can be a great addition to the post workout whole food meal..esp if its chicken or steak..because they do take a while to digest and you would still encounter some time of starvation even if you ate them during your last set...because the pre-workout protein will be gone within a half hour of ending your workout. 

there you go bro.... if you take the time to read all of that, and weed through my horrible spelling and grammar... you will have learned some good shit!!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »
the fact that i increased my protein intake by 100% is the reason i got great results. never tried sterioids but i think protein is jsut as important as anabolics, if not more.
well you cant compare the two, bro.    sure...protein is more important in regards to the fact that without protein its impossible to build muscle... and without anabolic s you can still build muscle...   but a guy with a ridiculously low protein intake that is on steroids will be superior to a guy who is on a ridiculously high protein diet but is natural.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »
congrats, you are approaching puberty!

next, expect some hair under your arms, and maybe your voice will crack soon.
you are gay.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 05:33:19 AM »
Body Fortress whey is a real cheap option in the UK. I picked up a 5lb tub a couple of weeks ago and have seen acne flaring up around the mouth area and im usually spotless! so im throwing out my tub, its cheap and full of toxins!

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 06:53:38 AM »
im kinda pissed because the protien is working well in terms of bodyfat reduction and energy. but my guess is that its making my testosterone abnormally high. ive never been the type to get acne but always got a little bit around the mouth when i took tons of protien. so i switched over to soy tastes like crap i add a lil bit of pancake syrup and tastes ok.

i did a search on google and all this shit showed up about whey giving people acne especially around the mouth area. im wondering if this is do to the amount of halogens in it? because i hear they add halogens to alot of processed foods. any you fvckers experience this with whey protien? im guessing ill have to get a more expensive brand or somethin

no its not herpes :)
perhaps its spiked... specially since ur T levels are getting higher

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 07:04:07 AM »
Walmart supps for a Walmart body.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 07:15:57 AM »
It's ok bros...chicks dig the acne.  Look how creepy this doll is:

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 07:21:36 AM »
Tell us how you really feel about this bro.

i will never buy this brand ever bro.

hows that?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »
ok i just bought some EAS brand whey protien at walmart. im guessing EAS is high quality since theyve been around a long time?
A

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »
ok i just bought some EAS brand whey protien at walmart. im guessing EAS is high quality since theyve been around a long time?
if you are worried so much about price of protein vs quality of protein you shoudl just buy non fat milk. high quality protein, cheap as hell.... digest a bit slower than pure whey too.     ...i dont think you care about the extra crabs, waddy, but just in case you do....know that although lactose is a sugar, its rate of digestion is actually very moderate. 
d[-_-]b actin all cool

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »

thats what im using now! mine came in gigantic ziplock bag. 5or6pounds i think.... got it from sams club, 20 something dollars i paid.

did you return body fortress powder and exchange it to EAS? i hope they took that junk back...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2008, 10:14:12 AM »
thats what im using now! mine came in gigantic ziplock bag. 5or6pounds i think.... got it from sams club, 20 something dollars i paid.

did you return body fortress powder and exchange it to EAS? i hope they took that junk back...

yes thankfully they did!

are you having no breakouts with the eas?

im guessing this stuff is good quality
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
if you are worried so much about price of protein vs quality of protein you shoudl just buy non fat milk. high quality protein, cheap as hell.... digest a bit slower than pure whey too.     ...i dont think you care about the extra crabs, waddy, but just in case you do....know that although lactose is a sugar, its rate of digestion is actually very moderate. 

well im thinking there is a problem with halogens and too much iodine in processed dairy products seems to be the issue from my research.

these extra halogens like iodine are structure forming salts in the body like flouride and chlorine and HEAVILY TOXIC. i beleive there are small amounts  in many products , and more in others. but just under a set limit so that they get the 'nod' for production into the product because they do enhance tastes but destroy the body with the halogens
A

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2008, 11:02:29 AM »
yes thankfully they did!

are you having no breakouts with the eas?

im guessing this stuff is good quality

yup i was using EAS before body fortress n never had acne, shit i'm in my 30s. i shouldn't break out at all. and now that im usin g EAS again, this acne started going away~ almost all gone in my face... but still gotz them on my chest n back but they are definitly going away...ts been about 2wks now..  bro if you didn't start this thread i would have never known it was Body Fortress, all this time i had no clue why i was getting acne... i did everything from buying new towels, detergent, bed sheets, new soap... i was like WTF???? i even accused my wife for doing bad laundry, yelling at her wtf??? i thought she was doing this to me so i dont get attraction from other ladies... it was nutz yo.... and no joke.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
Body fottress is total junk with alot of impurities.  I think EAS is much better. It's also cheaper at Sams club or Costco

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »
yup i was using EAS before body fortress n never had acne, shit i'm in my 30s. i shouldn't break out at all. and now that im usin g EAS again, this acne started going away~ almost all gone in my face... but still gotz them on my chest n back but they are definitly going away...ts been about 2wks now..  bro if you didn't start this thread i would have never known it was Body Fortress, all this time i had no clue why i was getting acne... i did everything from buying new towels, detergent, bed sheets, new soap... i was like WTF???? i even accused my wife for doing bad laundry, yelling at her wtf??? i thought she was doing this to me so i dont get attraction from other ladies... it was nutz yo.... and no joke.

You are an intense individual.