Author Topic: whey protien acne? body fortress brand?  (Read 9637 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
whey protien acne? body fortress brand?
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
im kinda pissed because the protien is working well in terms of bodyfat reduction and energy. but my guess is that its making my testosterone abnormally high. ive never been the type to get acne but always got a little bit around the mouth when i took tons of protien. so i switched over to soy tastes like crap i add a lil bit of pancake syrup and tastes ok.

i did a search on google and all this shit showed up about whey giving people acne especially around the mouth area. im wondering if this is do to the amount of halogens in it? because i hear they add halogens to alot of processed foods. any you fvckers experience this with whey protien? im guessing ill have to get a more expensive brand or somethin

no its not herpes :)
A

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: whey protien acne? body fortress brand?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 02:05:48 PM »
Of course it's herpes.....
HAHA, RON.....

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
Of course it's herpes.....
ive eatin herpes for breakfast lunch and dinner never had any effect on me
A

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 02:13:38 PM »
if its elevating your test levels then keep taking it brotha.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »
if its elevating your test levels then keep taking it brotha.

uh hell no its not worth any acne to me

ive been hearing and readining more and more how dirty whey protien is or somebrands are
A

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »
uh hell no its not worth any acne to me

ive been hearing and readining more and more how dirty whey protien is or somebrands are
get some benzoyl peroxide and an exfoliating wash...   youll be good
d[-_-]b actin all cool

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »
Isn't bodyfortress made by the same company that makes muscletech and muscle asylum products? 

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 02:20:45 PM »
im kinda pissed because the protien is working well in terms of bodyfat reduction and energy. but my guess is that its making my testosterone abnormally high. ive never been the type to get acne but always got a little bit around the mouth when i took tons of protien. so i switched over to soy tastes like crap i add a lil bit of pancake syrup and tastes ok.

i did a search on google and all this shit showed up about whey giving people acne especially around the mouth area. im wondering if this is do to the amount of halogens in it? because i hear they add halogens to alot of processed foods. any you fvckers experience this with whey protien? im guessing ill have to get a more expensive brand or somethin

no its not herpes :)

im so glad you started this thread! ever since i started taking that crap from walmart i did get acne all over my face, back, chest... i finished the tub about 2wks ago, and now my acnes almost gone!!!  but still have all the scars i never had b4 this cheapass powder...
everyone who read this dont buy that body fortress junk....  i wish i never ever bought this crap now...  clean face i once had 4months ago is now a pizza face!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU BODY FORTRESS!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOUR COMPANY FOR LIFE FOR MAKING MY UGLY FACE EVEN UGLIER!!!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »
Isn't bodyfortress made by the same company that makes muscletech and muscle asylum products? 
yeah its the wal mart version..cheap as hell. like 19.99 for the whey....and it a pretty high quality supp(going by the ingredient listing)
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 02:24:07 PM »
im so glad you started this thread! ever since i started taking that crap from walmart i did get acne all over my face, back, chest... i finished the tub about 2wks ago, and now my acnes almost gone!!!  but still have all the scars i never had b4 this cheapass powder...
everyone who read this dont buy that body fortress junk....  i wish i never ever bought this crap now...  clean face i once had 4months ago is now a pizza face!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU BODY FORTRESS!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOUR COMPANY FOR LIFE FOR MAKING MY UGLY FACE EVEN UGLIER!!!

yeah dude im totally with you on that!

i dont have acne everywhere but it shure is around my mouth and seemed to come up out of no where.

i require a ton of protien when i want to stay lean or get more ripped, and seemed like the more i was taking the worse it would get
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 02:26:06 PM »
at first i thought it was from all the cookies and junkfood i was eating latley.

so i cut out all junkfood and started doing a shit load of cardio (wich has always cleaned and cleared up my complexion in the past) and i would take protien halfway through and before i went to bed i noticed a new zit popped up and i was like WTF NIEGAR!
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

also the protien powder is very sweet tasting too although it only has 2 carbs per serving. somethin is reaaaal fishy with bodyfortress. i have an unopened container i wonder if i can take it back to walmart without a reciept?
A

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »
Yeah I'm sure the acne could have NOTHING to due with all the weed and other various rec drugs you indulge in  ::)

Golds_soldier01

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »
Weird...I've been using that brand for 2 years and no acne

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 02:32:43 PM »
actually now that you mention it, I have broken out a few times over the last 2 months, same time frame i've been using body fortress.  Never thought to put these two together.

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 02:33:15 PM »
after reading this im so pissed off rightnow... i am so pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! N JUST GETTING MORE PISSED..OMG..
if i wanted zitz i would have taken gear instead!!!! get this powder trying 2 save few bucks n now i got purple, brown spots, scars, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr FUCK YOU BODY FORTRESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »
also the protien powder is very sweet tasting too although it only has 2 carbs per serving. somethin is reaaaal fishy with bodyfortress. i have an unopened container i wonder if i can take it back to walmart without a reciept?

they won't give you $$ b ut im sure you can exchange...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »
they won't give you $$ b ut im sure you can exchange...

cool hopefully i can exchange for soy
A

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »
Im using Super Whey Protein by PRECISION ENGINEERED, very nice brand had great results by it, tastes good and is the cheapest i can find, 16 euro 908 grams. Never had any problem with zits caused by protein i think its genetics. you should eat more fruit to clean up the system.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
Yeah I'm sure the acne could have NOTHING to due with all the weed and other various rec drugs you indulge in  ::)
hahah

yeah weed always makes me break out. its the worst when i smoke indoors or even worse when i hotbox. shit raises estrogen levels, and makes compound exercises too cardiovascularly taxing..so i quit.

on the subject of acne and acne scarring...i used to have horrible acne.on my face, chest, back..  now i am all cleared up. (combo of maturing, learning how to wash, and fish oil supplementation) but i have bad scarring..   anybody know a way to get rid of it?? especially on my lower back area..?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
In all seriousness could be pro-hormones in the powder. Nitro-tech used to have a bunch of shit in it. Check the list of ingrediants, look carefully.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »

owned.

Jason

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Im using Super Whey Protein by PRECISION ENGINEERED, very nice brand had great results by it, tastes good and is the cheapest i can find, 16 euro 908 grams. Never had any problem with zits caused by protein i think its genetics. you should eat more fruit to clean up the system.
great results with it  ::)

you make it sound like a steroid. real food works better either way...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
great results with it  ::)

you make it sound like a steroid. real food works better either way...
4sho!

however, you cannot deny the fact that there are CERTAIN times in a meal schedule/nutritional plan when whey is a better, more effective option than whole food. mainly, first thing in the morning, before training, and after training.   

other than those times of the day...i would NEVER rely on a shake for nutrients/calories. esp. protein.    ....   whey is pre-digested. i takes zero calories to digest. on of the best things about protein is the fact that it raises the metabolism and takes a bunch of cals to digest...   also, whey only last in the body for 90-120 minutes.... where as whole food can last up to a day! (red meat without fiber intake ppost ingestion)
d[-_-]b actin all cool

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
why before training?

after training is the only time i see the use for it.