Author Topic: Is there something, Chavez?  (Read 3770 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Is there something, Chavez?
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
By SANDRA SIERRA, Associated Press WriterSun Feb 10, 6:23 PM ET
President Hugo Chavez on Sunday threatened to cut off oil sales to the United States in an "economic war" if Exxon Mobil Corp. wins court judgments to seize billions of dollars in Venezuelan assets.

Exxon Mobil has gone after the assets of state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA in U.S., British and Dutch courts as it challenges the nationalization of a multibillion dollar oil project by Chavez's government.

A British court has issued an injunction "freezing" as much as $12 billion in assets.

"If you end up freezing (Venezuelan assets) and it harms us, we're going to harm you," Chavez said during his weekly radio and television program, "Hello, President." "Do you know how? We aren't going to send oil to the United States. Take note, Mr. Bush, Mr. Danger."

Chavez has repeatedly threatened to cut off oil shipments to the United States, which is Venezuela's No. 1 client, if Washington tries to oust him. Chavez's warnings on Sunday appeared to extend that threat to attempts by oil companies to challenge his government's nationalization drive through lawsuits.

"I speak to the U.S. empire, because that's the master: continue and you will see that we won't sent one drop of oil to the empire of the United States," Chavez said Sunday.

"The outlaws of Exxon Mobil will never again rob us," Chavez said, accusing the Irving, Texas-based oil company of acting in concert with Washington.

Exxon Mobil spokeswoman Margaret Ross said the company had no comment. A U.S. Embassy spokeswoman in Caracas did not return a call.

Venezuela accounted for about 12 percent of U.S. crude oil imports in November, the latest figures available from the U.S. Energy Department. The 1.23 million barrels a day from Venezuela makes that country the U.S.'s fourth-biggest oil importer behind Canada, Saudi Arabia and Mexico.

Venezuelan Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez has argued that court orders won by Exxon Mobil have "no effect" on the state oil company PDVSA and are merely "transitory measures" while Venezuela presents its case in courts in New York and London.

Exxon Mobil is also taking its claims to international arbitration, disputing the terms it was granted under Chavez's nationalization last year of four heavy oil projects in the Orinoco River basin, one of the world's richest oil deposits.

Other major oil companies including U.S.-based Chevron Corp., France's Total, Britain's BP PLC, and Norway's StatoilHydro ASA have negotiated deals with Venezuela to continue on as minority partners in the Orinoco oil project.

ConocoPhillips and Exxon Mobil, however, balked at the tougher terms and have been in compensation talks with PDVSA.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Is there something, Chavez?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »
Venezuela accounted for about 12 percent of U.S. crude oil imports in November, the latest figures available from the U.S. Energy Department. The 1.23 million barrels a day from Venezuela makes that country the U.S.'s fourth-biggest oil importer behind Canada, Saudi Arabia and Mexico.
We should just take over Canada. There would be no bloodshed other than a few bloody hangnails from them rolling out the red carpet. Canadians don't need oil. Just give them more beer and they'll be happy.
BigNationRadio.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:59:35 AM »
We should just take over Canada. There would be no bloodshed other than a few bloody hangnails from them rolling out the red carpet. Canadians don't need oil. Just give them more beer and they'll be happy.

I'm wondering why Canada doesn't capitalize on the wealth of natural resources present here to become a lot more powerful than it currently is.  The diamond mine currently being developed in Ontario is estimated to have as much as 37B in diamonds.  That is far from all of the resources in the country to boot.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:54:45 AM »
I'm wondering why Canada doesn't capitalize on the wealth of natural resources present here to become a lot more powerful than it currently is.  The diamond mine currently being developed in Ontario is estimated to have as much as 37B in diamonds.  That is far from all of the resources in the country to boot.

You Canadians don't need all that money.  You're simple people.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
You Canadians don't need all that money.  You're simple people.

Haha, yeah. We can put it to much better use.......like taking out Chavez, for one.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »
good for him, about time someone stood up to the US.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:49 AM »
Is there something, Calpiss :D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »
good for him, about time someone stood up to the US.
I'm actually really impressed with you lately :D

I'm a 100% on your side here, It's about god damn time somebody says ENOUGH is enough, and the funny thing is, he could really hurt the US and they know it.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »
I'm actually really impressed with you lately :D

I'm a 100% on your side here, It's about god damn time somebody says ENOUGH is enough, and the funny thing is, he could really hurt the US and they know it.

Hahahahaha.  Quit making us laugh. He's a gnat in our backyard.......you actually think his Bolivian buddies are going to do something if we decide to squash him like a bug? I'm not saying we should do that, but let's get real. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »
Hahahahaha.  Quit making us laugh. He's a gnat in our backyard.......you actually think his Bolivian buddies are going to do something if we decide to squash him like a bug? I'm not saying we should do that, but let's get real. 
hahahaa, typical knuckledragging redneck cowboy attitude that is the reason we're so hated in the world. ::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:22:11 AM »
hahahaa, typical knuckledragging redneck cowboy attitude that is the reason we're so hated in the world. ::)

Hahahaa, a typical response from the self-hating spawn of a camel jockey.  ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:56 AM »
Fidel Castro was a friend of arab hero Saddam Hussein too.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 08:26:09 AM »

Than tell me this, why if he is not threat to the US what so ever he is such a thorn in their
eyes?

He is god damn right to tell this current government to go fuck themself, they have done nothing but trying to push him of his rightfully elected seat.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »
Than tell me this, why if he is not threat to the US what so ever he is such a thorn in their
eyes?

He is god damn right to tell this current government to go fuck themself, they have done nothing but trying to push him of his rightfully elected seat.

This is a dispute over his taking the property of others, not about his "rightfully elected" seat, whatever the fuck that means.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »
Hahahaa, a typical response from the self-hating spawn of a camel jockey.  ::)
hahaha, what? where the hell did you pull that one from?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 08:32:33 AM »
hahaha, what? where the hell did you pull that one from?

Hahaha, do your "bros" even know your real name, "The Squadfather"? because I sure as hell do.  Now STFU and go make some more pro-Nasser posts.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
President Hugo Chavez on Sunday threatened to cut off oil sales to the United States in an "economic war"

2 shots ta the dome

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »

his excellency shows the great Hugo Chavez beautiful Baghdad.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:33 AM »
Hahaha, do your "bros" even know your real name, "The Squadfather"? because I sure as hell do.  Now STFU and go make some more pro-Nasser posts.
hahahhaa, ok Ron. ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 08:36:51 AM »

his excellency shows the great Hugo Chavez beautiful Baghdad.
They must of raped the finest whores of the day ...... excellant shot of two great leaders and freinds.
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »
hahahhaa, ok Ron. ;D

I don't need Ron or anyone else to tell me what I need to know. you stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours.  ;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
I don't need Ron or anyone else to tell me what I need to know. you stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours.  ;)
hahahhahaa, another skinny/fat clown who hires a private investigator. ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:29 AM »
Our backyard ::)  Man, the world domination neocons sure got in your head.  If we'd stop fucking in everyone elses affairs like it's America's sole purpose is to rule them all there wouldn't be these issues.  and yes admit it, you want to squash him.  God forbid there's anyone who doesn't do what we say when we say.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »
yes when Iraq was still a safe place to let children play outside in the nights and nothing would have harmed them.
that was before the agressor came in and destroyed  peoples dreams.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 08:40:44 AM »
hahahhahaa, another skinny/fat clown who hires a private investigator. ;D

Like I said, "bro" mind your own business, and I'll mind mine.