Author Topic: Nearly died for you bitches  (Read 2233 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Nearly died for you bitches
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:03:22 AM »
Did Shoulder press on Sunday morning...
Peope who have seen the images of my gym know that it looks a lot like the Metroflex, some Equipment is not the newest anymore.
So I sit down on the Shoulderpress and start with light 10kilos each side.
Every since I heard somebody saying if the seat is not full upright you are not truly doing shoulders and it's true I get the best feeling when the seat is fully upright.
So for my 20kg each side I checked that the seat was fully upright.
So I sit down, I take the Barbel of and I always do them really slowly down all the way to the collarbone and than with a smooth movement I push upwards.
I do that 3 times and all of sudden...Just when I was pushing upwards and when the most pressure was on the seat... the fucking thing breaks and I fall backwards.
I have no idea how balanced the weight... Probably scariest moment in the gym yet.
Later I checked the seat and noticed that the pin that was holding the seat poped out.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Nearly died for you bitches
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:11:41 AM »
Peope who have seen the images of my gym know that it looks a lot like the Metroflex, some Equipment is not the newest anymore.
Every since I heard somebody saying if the seat is not full upright you are not truly doing shoulders and it's true I get the best feeling when the seat is fully upright.
So I sit down, I take the Barbel of and I always do them really slowly down all the way to the collarbone and than with a smooth movement I push upwards.
I do that 3 times and all of sudden...Just when I was pushing upwards and when the most pressure was on the seat... the fucking thing breaks and I fall backwards.
I have no idea how balanced the weight... Probably scariest moment in the gym yet.
Later I checked the seat and noticed that the pin that was holding the seat poped out.

Somebody ship this machine to squadfattys gym and pray

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:51 AM »
As long as the dumbbell doesn't fall on your head and crushes your skull, you're fine.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:20:57 AM »
As long as the dumbbell doesn't fall on your head and crushes your skull, you're fine.

No not Dumbells but Barbel

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 01:22:31 AM »
No not Dumbells but Barbel

Same thing, I know I received one on my head the other day and died instantly.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 01:25:55 AM »

;D

I was scarier than the time when I benched and the weight sliped out of my palm  :P

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 01:29:25 AM »

That sucks dude. PIP to you.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 01:30:31 AM »
That sucks dude. PIP to you.

But life goes on, on Getbig.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 02:04:38 AM »
All drugs...

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 02:30:58 AM »

you will recover.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 04:34:42 AM »
i hope 20kg were just the warm up set stark ;D

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 04:37:20 AM »
i'd sue curves if i was u

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 04:46:30 AM »
That's kinda why I do my forearm curls on the smith machine, wouldn't want to drop the weight and break a nail.
It's Hip to be Square!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 04:48:19 AM »

You still don't get it. You are stuck in Dublin or Cork or whereever you are; you are stuck in Ireland....that's the problem...

Bis Du das begreifst....wird Dir immer wieder sowas passieren.... ;D
I hate the State.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 04:59:00 AM »
Talk to the owner Stark... such a thing shouldn't happen.
A friend of mine went to the ground with the whole smith-machine while squatting... because the idiot owner didn't bolt it properly onto the ground.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 05:03:20 AM »
Should have just played it off like thats how you planed it, tell all the people staring at you are core training, some kind of new superset.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 05:04:51 AM »
Talk to the owner Stark... such a thing shouldn't happen.
A friend of mine went to the ground with the whole smith-machine while squatting... because the idiot owner didn't bolt it properly onto the ground.

Lebt er noch?!  :o
I hate the State.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 05:21:25 AM »

you fell backwards and then what.
you should have taken 15 breaths. situp, get back in the seat. and do 4reps. then 2 forced reps. doggcrrrapp style.
LOCAL GYM HERO

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:51 AM »
You still don't get it. You are stuck in Dublin or Cork or whereever you are; you are stuck in Ireland....that's the problem...

Bis Du das begreifst....wird Dir immer wieder sowas passieren.... ;D

The gym is realy "hardcore" it's actually a Weighlifting and Wrestling Club, it has been around since 1935, there is TONS of Equipment on 2 floors, there are some machines I want to take pictures of and show you guys, I'm sure you haven't seen the machine that only trains your forearms.
Anyways it's arguble the best gym I have ever worked out, yes it can get loud since people shout ala Ronnie coleman, but it's fucking great working out there.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
The gym is realy "hardcore" it's actually a Weighlifting and Wrestling Club, it has been around since 1935, there is TONS of Equipment on 2 floors, there are some machines I want to take pictures of and show you guys, I'm sure you haven't seen the machine that only trains your forearms.
Anyways it's arguble the best gym I have ever worked out, yes it can get loud since people shout ala Ronnie coleman, but it's fucking great working out there.

What a reason to stay in Ireland for?!
I hate the State.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 05:53:26 AM »
i dont get it

why would you use a seat to support the back? it's better without it just press
Z

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 05:56:46 AM »
young kids should stay out of the free weight areas till they're properly trained

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »
Lebt er noch?!  :o

Of course. He was lucky and fell backwards with the whole thing.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
;D

I was scarier than the time when I benched and the weight sliped out of my palm  :P
It probably wasnt enough to hurt you

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 10:01:08 AM »
Of course. He was lucky and fell backwards with the whole thing.

Bodybuilding can be quite a dangerous sport  :P