Author Topic: Keep that knee on Al Qaeda's throat!  (Read 1949 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Keep that knee on Al Qaeda's throat!
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:21:34 AM »
From Gary Bauer's Newsletter:

Al Qaeda In Crisis?

Documents now in the possession of U.S. military forces strongly suggest that the Al Qaeda terrorist organization in Iraq is on the verge of collapse. According to a published translation, a letter seized by U.S. troops in November and written by an Al Qaeda operative in Al Anbar province states, “We lost cities and afterward, villages… We find ourselves in a wasteland desert.” The author of the 39-page letter goes on to say that the success of U.S. forces and allied Sunni tribes in Al Anbar province has “created panic, fear and an unwillingness to fight” on the part of the terrorists and that major elements of the organization are near “total collapse.” But wait, there’s more.

A 16-page diary, written by a self-described Al Qaeda sector leader, seized north of Baghdad in October, contained this entry about his fellow thugs: “We were mistreated, cheated and betrayed by some of our brothers. Those people were nothing but hypocrites, liars and traitors and were waiting for the right moment to switch sides with whoever pays them most.” He noted that at one time 600 fighters were under his command, but he now has fewer than 20 committed jihadists remaining.

Al Qaeda is not yet defeated, but, my friends, this is good news, and more confirmation that the strategy ordered by President Bush and implemented by General David Petraeus is working. Our enemy is on the ropes, and this would be the worst possible time to let our guard down or let up in the fight. We have been reminded in recent days of the evil we are fighting. This enemy is so desperate they are now resorting to using mentally disabled women as suicide bombers. They are kidnapping Iraqi children and holding them for ransom in order raise money.

Unbelievably, however, leading Washington politicians are saying yet again, in spite of all the evidence, that the surge is a “failure.” They would turn Iraq, and any hope for a stable Middle East, over to our enemies, only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Our allies – and our enemies – are watching to see if America will persevere until victory in a long and difficult fight, or if we will “cut and run,” as bin Laden believes we will. I want our brave men and women to come home as soon as possible, but I want them to come home with victory and honor, so that future generations may live in peace and prosperity.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Keep that knee on Al Qaeda's throat!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »

Al Qaeda In Crisis?

Documents now in the possession of U.S. military forces strongly suggest that the Al Qaeda terrorist organization in Iraq is on the verge of collapse. According to a published translation, a letter seized by U.S. troops in November and written by an Al Qaeda operative in Al Anbar province states, “We lost cities and afterward, villages… We find ourselves in a wasteland desert.” The author of the 39-page letter goes on to say that the success of U.S. forces and allied Sunni tribes in Al Anbar province has “created panic, fear and an unwillingness to fight” on the part of the terrorists and that major elements of the organization are near “total collapse.” But wait, there’s more.

A 16-page diary, written by a self-described Al Qaeda sector leader, seized north of Baghdad in October, contained this entry about his fellow thugs: “We were mistreated, cheated and betrayed by some of our brothers. Those people were nothing but hypocrites, liars and traitors and were waiting for the right moment to switch sides with whoever pays them most.” He noted that at one time 600 fighters were under his command, but he now has fewer than 20 committed jihadists remaining.

Al Qaeda is not yet defeated, but, my friends, this is good news, and more confirmation that the strategy ordered by President Bush and implemented by General David Petraeus is working. Our enemy is on the ropes, and this would be the worst possible time to let our guard down or let up in the fight. We have been reminded in recent days of the evil we are fighting. This enemy is so desperate they are now resorting to using mentally disabled women as suicide bombers. They are kidnapping Iraqi children and holding them for ransom in order raise money.

Unbelievably, however, leading Washington politicians are saying yet again, in spite of all the evidence, that the surge is a “failure.” They would turn Iraq, and any hope for a stable Middle East, over to our enemies, only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Our allies – and our enemies – are watching to see if America will persevere until victory in a long and difficult fight, or if we will “cut and run,” as bin Laden believes we will. I want our brave men and women to come home as soon as possible, but I want them to come home with victory and honor, so that future generations may live in peace and prosperity.

Sorry c-500

this is nothing more than run of the mill neocon propaganda.

-  A  alleged diary
-  By an alleged "section" leader
-  Who knows the entire tactical and logistical situation of AQ in Iraq
-  AQ wasn't in Iraq to begin with
-  They are there only becuase WE let them
-  AQ is dangerous outside Iraq not inside Iraq (9/11 style infiltrators)
-  Stamping out AQ in Iraq doesn't mean our borders are any less wide open then they are now
-  Stamping out AQ in Iraq doesn't make airports more secure
-  Our involvement in the middle east is the cause of much of the instability
-  Leading politicians do not intent or are aimed to "snatch defeat fro the jaws of victory"
-  As long as we are in Iraq there will be resistance to some degree or another.  It will never be a totally safe place for us.
-  We are not leaving Iraq no matter who's in office.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:18:09 AM »

Sorry c-500

this is nothing more than run of the mill neocon propaganda.

-  A  alleged diary
-  By an alleged "section" leader
-  Who knows the entire tactical and logistical situation of AQ in Iraq
-  AQ wasn't in Iraq to begin with
-  They are there only becuase WE let them
-  AQ is dangerous outside Iraq not inside Iraq (9/11 style infiltrators)
-  Stamping out AQ in Iraq doesn't mean our borders are any less wide open then they are now
-  Stamping out AQ in Iraq doesn't make airports more secure
-  Our involvement in the middle east is the cause of much of the instability
-  Leading politicians do not intent or are aimed to "snatch defeat fro the jaws of victory"
-  As long as we are in Iraq there will be resistance to some degree or another.  It will never be a totally safe place for us.
-  We are not leaving Iraq no matter who's in office.

Welcome back, Ozmo...
I hate the State.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:36 AM »
Ozmo, cleared that one up.   8)

We want to believe success is eminent, but the track record of lies and made up scenerios puts us on gaurd.

For instance, we are on 1,867 days since bush claimed "Mission Accomplished"

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 07:33:49 AM »
Wait, one word: Jebus!  ;D
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:38:22 AM »

Al Qaeda In Crisis?

...Our allies – and our enemies – are watching to see if America will persevere until victory in a long and difficult fight, or if we will “cut and run,” as bin Laden believes we will. I want our brave men and women to come home as soon as possible, but I want them to come home with victory and honor, so that future generations may live in peace and prosperity.
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

--President George W. Bush

"I don't know where he is. I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

"Deep in my heart I know the man's on the run, if he's alive at all...I just don't spend much time on it, really, to be honest with you."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50:36 AM »
Bush has not been consistent on his message and when WMD's were not found...they never built another case for war. We see time and again in the media, that when 1 message doesn't work..u go with option 2. This was never sold. As far as AQ. They are on the run...the average prick with an AK may and is still getting into Iraq..but the smart guys are leaving for Pakistan and Africa....guys who can do a 911 are getting fewer and farther between, and AQ knows thats where they make their money. Their pooling those guys and revises their plans...I would expect to see more dynamic attacks abroad.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »
Secretary of State, Colin Powell, addressed the UN Security Council, arguing that Iraq must be invaded:

first, to stop its development of weapons of mass destruction;

and second, to break its ties with al-Q'aida.

Selling those two points to the american people made the invasion of Iraq possible.

Both of these lynchpin points for attacking Iraq were fabrications.

Was the Bush administration a victim of bad intelligence? 

As Ronald Reagan used to say, "Trust....but verify!"

Why did the Bush Adm rush to war instead of verifying the intelligence (through WMD inspectors etc)?

I think it was b/c the Bush Adm was pushing the bad evidence for war like it was gospel. 

Bush wanted a war.  He would do and say anything to get that war including cheerleading tenuous information as if it were fact (Al Qaeda & Iraq are in bed together or Iraq has WMDs even if Blix is finding nothing).

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »
Well we don't agree...but as far as Powell...thats why I don't think he has much of a future in politics. The guy had to know that they were using questionable Intel...to make the case, but went ahead anyway. He should have resigned. I don't belive he was ever for the invasion..especially as laid out by the neocons.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 08:31:47 AM »
Here's proof that Iraq had WMD'S!!!!

REAL Satellite image.  ::)

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
Well we don't agree...but as far as Powell...thats why I don't think he has much of a future in politics. The guy had to know that they were using questionable Intel...to make the case, but went ahead anyway. He should have resigned. I don't belive he was ever for the invasion..especially as laid out by the neocons.

good call.  but i think bush always wanted a war with iraq.  whether it for oil, or revenge, or to finish the first gulf war.  there were plenty of last minute negotiations, we had UN inspectors who couldn't find anything.  yeah, he was yanking our chain to keep himself popular (us against them mentality) in iraq.

but there weren't WMD.  they wanted the war so bad, they went on every sunday show and tried to 'sell' it.  You don't have to 'sell' it when it's a legit threat.

Iraq was never a legit threat.  they were, however, a place whose rewards will outweigh the cost, so we invaded.  
Addicted to the Steal

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »
At this point we can point fingers all day...but we need an exit stategy that sends a clear message to the rest of the islamo nutbags...country's and groups that we won in Iraq and we mean business should we attacked. We need to help finally solve the Palistianian question...for good...and then get off oil asap. We need to show everybody that we can be even handed in our dealings. We can't allow our economy to be held hostage to religious nutbags....if Brazil can do it..so should we. Besides we're in the way in the Middle East..they want to kill each other...let them.
L

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 08:52:16 AM »
At this point we can point fingers all day...but we need an exit stategy that sends a clear message to the rest of the islamo nutbags...country's and groups that we won in Iraq and we mean business should we attacked. We need to help finally solve the Palistianian question...for good...and then get off oil asap. We need to show everybody that we can be even handed in our dealings. We can't allow our economy to be held hostage to religious nutbags....if Brazil can do it..so should we. Besides we're in the way in the Middle East..they want to kill each other...let them.

i agree 100%.

one Q for you, and you might know better than anyone...

Is peace the answer?  Aren't superpowers built/maintained thru constant warring, allowing them to grab resources, expand influence, and above all, GROW?  (studying this in history 1815-present in college)

If everyone was friends tomorrow, a large part of our economy - military and war infrastructure - would suffer bigtime.  perhaps the reason the palestinian issue is still messy, perhaps why iraq hasn't been flattened yet, perhaps why we're in no rush to become energy independent - is that the decision makers and heavily influenced (or are) those entrenched in war profiteering and oil firms.  If oil was plentiful and there was no fighting, they'd lose money.  and they have great influence in DC.

just a theory our professor made us consider, that longterm wars and conflicts don't happen on accident.
Addicted to the Steal

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 08:57:17 AM »
The US will never leave Iraq.  I understand that.  Powell ruined his career with that presentation to the UN.  I agree with you, he should have resigned.

But do you really believe Iraq was a threat to the US even though, right up to the eve of the invasion, evidence from the inspectors was showing otherwise?

I still will not get over the fact that we attacked a country that was doing what we asked of it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 09:00:57 AM »
Say everything I said was accurate or happened.....we have enough bullshit in Africa to keep us busy for the next 50 years. AQ is not going to give up..but if what I posted happenes...it will allow us to ignore guys like Chavez or Imadinnerjacket.....we give pricks like our buddy in Iran a voice......plus a whole wave of green enery products..boosts our economy and creates a massive home grown industry that won't go away.

I figured they had WMD;s...now it reallly doesn't matter..we're there and we have to find a solution...set the conditions for a major pull-out.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »
Were I the CEO of Mobil or one of the other 6 sisters...I'd call in thye board and tell em the oil party is over and we have got to diversify. I'd start by forming Mobil Foods Inc...and I'd by every corn field and farm that I could....I'd buy every wind based technology i could...then to keep the defense folks happy...I'd lobby Congress to invade parts of Africa so i could plant more corn. We could keep this empire shit going forever. It would be hard for the UN to bitch if we occupied parts of Africa and planted corn....feed the people...don't polute..build ethenol plants everywhere.
L

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »
Were I the CEO of Mobil or one of the other 6 sisters...I'd call in thye board and tell em the oil party is over and we have got to diversify. I'd start by forming Mobil Foods Inc...and I'd by every corn field and farm that I could....I'd buy every wind based technology i could...then to keep the defense folks happy...I'd lobby Congress to invade parts of Africa so i could plant more corn. We could keep this empire shit going forever. It would be hard for the UN to bitch if we occupied parts of Africa and planted corn....feed the people...don't polute..build ethenol plants everywhere.

that's a seriously great idea.  LOL @ "We could keep this empire shit going forever."

you're a likable guy, headhunter. 
Addicted to the Steal

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 09:23:20 AM »
I call it the headhunter doctrine..or "why we should get off oil and make the arabs eat dirt". Think of the money off of wind farms..ethenol factories...15% gas. I'm sure we pump enough oil here or get enough from canada and Mexico to last a long time. We could become the number 1 supplier of ethenol. We'd have to help out BP since u can't grow alot of corn in the UK. I bet they'd dust off their old colonial invasion handbooks...With our food guys here ADM etc..they can make corn or whatever grow anywhere.
L

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 09:26:04 AM »
I call it the headhunter doctrine..or "why we should get off oil and make the arabs eat dirt". Think of the money off of wind farms..ethenol factories...15% gas. I'm sure we pump enough oil here or get enough from canada and Mexico to last a long time. We could become the number 1 supplier of ethenol. We'd have to help out BP since u can't grow alot of corn in the UK. I bet they'd dust off their old colonial invasion handbooks...With our food guys here ADM etc..they can make corn or whatever grow anywhere.

next question:

Which president would be most likely to enact a green doctrine like this, and which would be LEAST?

Obama, hilary, or mcCain?
Addicted to the Steal

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 05:15:57 PM »

Great!!!   >:(   Youre starting to make sense, 

And now I want to drop an A bomb on em. >:(

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »
next question:

Which president would be most likely to enact a green doctrine like this, and which would be LEAST?

Obama, hilary, or mcCain?

None.