Author Topic: Obama and the flag  (Read 1230 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama and the flag
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:44:55 PM »
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he doesn’t wear an American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for “true patriotism” since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Asked about it Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped wearing the pin shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

“The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin,” Obama said. “Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

”I decided I won’t wear that pin on my chest,“ he said in the interview. ”Instead, I’m going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism...

Ok compelte bullshit but ok.....then this..watch the video.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5700252&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/News/Politics/Detail?contentId=5668120&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.14.1

Che fucking Guevara........um this guy has NO place in any political race in this country.....I'm sure the libs will explain it away. Please stand up and say that Obama's people are wrong.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Obama and the flag
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »
I can't see the videos here at work.  What happens?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4541245

Sorry..I hate when this happens.....this link posted to be fair..nod to Beserker..

Ok they show an Obama campaign office in Texas I think...two huge shots of supports woorking etc..with a Cuban flag with Che's face over it...in the office of a possible American president.... >:(

try this...http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5700252&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4541245

Sorry..I hate when this happens.....this link posted to be fair..nod to Beserker..

Ok they show an Obama campaign office in Texas I think...two huge shots of supports woorking etc..with a Cuban flag with Che's face over it...in the office of a possible American president.... >:(

try this...http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5700252&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Thanks for doing that HH, I appreciate it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
It happens all the time to..me..9000 pages of a thread all about some friggen video I can't see.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »
5....4.....3.......2.... ....1
Okay, now, you're growing sleepy. Repeat after me, " Hope, Change, Hope, Change......"  I wish Hil would unload on this guy. People like the guy but can't articulate why they like him beyond...hope/change....rockstar etc.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »
To send men to the firing squad, judicial proof is unnecessary...These procedures are an archaic bourgeois detail. This is a revolution! And a revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate. We must create the pedagogy of the The Wall! (El Paredón)” –Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara

I'm digging my bunker and arming now..the end is near...Beserk u better move over..I might need to join u.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »
ya that was pretty crappy if you ask me, ok if you do have a cuban flag in your office why make that the office that you film the new story in...lol

HH6 are you from houston?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »

Hillary has a windbreaker made from a flag that once flew over the USS Ronald Reagan. 

Can she count on your support, fellow American?? 

(Note: please disregard that 'Made in China' tag)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
Geez, people actually buy Obamas 'hope utopia' pitch?

I don't believe I've ever seen a candidate with less substance. I have never heard this man talk about his ideas. All he ever does in talk in pretty lines about "hope", "change" and "we are not the divided state, we are the United States".

It really does depress me that so many  think of this guy as some kind of great change agent.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »

Jesus CHrist, what a bunch of pathetic sad sacks.

The guy is why we're a great fuckin nation.  This always has been a land where dreams can come true, and he is living it.......just like Arnold, just like our fuckin ancestors.

So he has supporters with poor judgment.........big fucking deal.

It's a big country, and I'm sure your boy McCain has his collection of douchebag supporters too.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 07:25:13 PM »
Jesus CHrist, what a bunch of pathetic sad sacks.

The guy is why we're a great fuckin nation.  This always has been a land where dreams can come true, and he is living it.......just like Arnold, just like our fuckin ancestors.

So he has supporters with poor judgment.........big fucking deal.

It's a big country, and I'm sure your boy McCain has his collection of douchebag supporters too.

hahaha

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 07:27:10 PM »
hahaha

And then you have Ron Paul, who has only douchebags as supporters......... ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »

I don't mind if you post from rightwing sources.  I just called you out on having an issue with left wing sources because they're left wing.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »
I don't mind if you post from rightwing sources.  I just called you out on having an issue with left wing sources because they're left wing.

Are you left wing?  You must be so far left, you're on the far right.........

What's your position on government programs, immigration, etc?  I thought you were a Ron Paul-ite, Mr. "I don't like Calmus, he makes me cry  ;D"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »
And then you have Ron Paul, who has only douchebags as supporters......... ;D

We may be douchbags but at least we aren't asleep at the wheel.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 06:53:04 AM »
Are you left wing?  You must be so far left, you're on the far right.........

What's your position on government programs, immigration, etc?  I thought you were a Ron Paul-ite, Mr. "I don't like Calmus, he makes me cry  ;D"
Liking Ron Paul doesn't make you far right ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 07:08:38 AM »

Nope no problem...I had to dig to get the "pure" link because I'm going to continue to dig folks on left wing nutbaggery while I'm sure u will do the same to me....I found the original link on another website..... :P
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:24 AM »
Liking Ron Paul doesn't make you far right ::)

Uhhhhh..... yes, it does. No one in the race is further to the right than he is. Not even Romney.