Author Topic: Chick: questions about webcasts. . .  (Read 2972 times)

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
Re: Chick: questions about webcasts. . .
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 07:13:55 PM »
...I would assume it quality that gets lost the bigger you get.

Are you saying that bigger bodybuilders aren't quality ;)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 07:19:53 PM »
I'm not a big tech guy. but from what I've seen on the boards...there are some guys that connect their computer to the TV and watch it...I'm sure it can't be too complicated...I would assume it quality that gets lost the bigger you get.

You are correct on both counts...  it's very easy to do, but the resolution gets worse as the picture gets bigger.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
What is the cable that is supposed to be used and does the quality stay the same or does it get worse? The olympia had pretty bad colour and you couldn't really tell any detail because it was so dark so if it got worse than hat it wouldn't be worth hooking up to the tv.

It's called an RGB or serial cable. Different terminologies but if you tell the guy what your'e trying to do he'll hook you up. It is true that the quality is the quality, but it will be bigger.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »
It's called an RGB or serial cable. Different terminologies but if you tell the guy what your'e trying to do he'll hook you up. It is true that the quality is the quality, but it will be bigger.

s-video works best, and most laptops and lcd tv's have the connector.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 12:33:03 AM »
I'm not a big tech guy. but from what I've seen on the boards...there are some guys that connect their computer to the TV and watch it...I'm sure it can't be too complicated...I would assume it quality that gets lost the bigger you get.

It does work, you can connect the cable straight to your 42 inch widescreen LCD (time to get one), and the pixel ratios are pretty much the same.  Each webcast gets better and better.

Hey, even a live webcast is quite an expensive undertaking, and quite stressful.  Multitude of things can go wrong.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 12:53:40 AM »
The webcasts are great. ok so the resoloution may not be 100% if you got a shit computer, but hey, we get to see this for free. To quote the great Ronnie Coleman "Why complain?"
No doubt about it...

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 10:50:57 AM »

BB.com  should be applauded for doing the webcast.....how anyone can nitpick over it is beyond me.
Im not sure I understand,  are you guys seriously hasseling Chick about giving us something for free how can you even justify that  their was a time when ESPN and fox sports net used to have extensive coverage and it will get back to that IM sure of it,  but I agree the fan base needs to expand hey the more the merrier.
It's a FREE webcast, what else do you want?

I think you guys miss understood me, I think its awesome that there is a free webcast, I'll be the first one watching the ironman at work on saturday! :D
I just miss watching the big shows on the tv, the computer is set up at a little desk in my bedroom, sure I can watch it, but I couldn't have anyone over to watch it too.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »
Yeah i hear what you are saying technokc, I would be happy to pay to see it on a bigger screen as well, but in the end Chick and Ron are right, the cost of setup etc would be a bit of a gamble for those involved :-\. I just feel lucky we get to watch it at all :D.