Author Topic: After Win of Obama: Getbig is now officialy supporting Obama  (Read 6782 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: After Win of Obama: Getbig is now officialy supporting Obama
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »

Given that Ron Paul isn't viable, maybe we should support Obama?

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
What third world group do you belong to Calmus?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »
What third world group do you belong to Calmus?

Old world here, prophet.  And secure enough in it to support Obama.  Can you say the same?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 10:19:49 AM »
Barack Power! >:( ;D

I believe in Mr. Obama we have a rare opportunity to have a representative that is REALLY willing to work across party lines to get things done.  In addition he is extremely intelligent, well spoken and charasmatic.  I think it's a good idea for him to do this before he becomes tainted like many other politicians.  He may not have much experience but I'll take that over the same ol' BS. with Hillary and McCain any day of the week.

"This is a paid political announcement for Barack Obama".

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
Agree with above poster. you guys (the USA) need a major PR facelift after the damage your current cartoon of a president has caused. Obama seems to be the right guy for the job with the right attitude.

Any number of candidates could help rectify the situation, we can only go up. Nothing about Barack that's particularly special there actually, once you look for content or great oratory.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »
Any number of candidates could help rectify the situation, we can only go up. Nothing about Barack that's particularly special there actually, once you look for content or great oratory.

::)  Stick to commenting on ripped glutes......it's clear that's where your gifts lie.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 10:24:41 AM »
::)  Stick to commenting on ripped glutes......it's clear that's where your gifts lie.

Your posts are as empty & biased as Obama's rhetoric.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 10:28:07 AM »
If Obama wins, anything he does will make him look like a Rhodes Scholar compared to the dullard we've had in The White House for the last 8 years.
He'll come up smelling like roses no matter how he fucks up. Nothing better than following a weak opening act. ;D

Not necessarily. We could have a black Jimmy Carter on the way, based on what i've seen so far.

BTW it's pathetic yet predictable the way "the blacks" all vote for Obama for the most part, like lemmings.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »
Alright already Calmus, you like Barack Hussein Obama.  We get it but don't be so offended if others don't.  I personally disagree with you.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 10:32:17 AM »
Not necessarily. We could have a black Jimmy Carter on the way, based on what i've seen so far.

BTW it's pathetic yet predictable the way "the blacks" all vote for Obama for the most part, like lemmings.

THey voted a mayor into office in Wash. D.C. after getting caught smoking crack on video.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »
Alright already Calmus, you like Barack Hussein Obama.  We get it but don't be so offended if others don't.  I personally disagree with you.

That's cool.  I do support him, but in this thread, I'm mostly I'm just having fun.

Nice use of the Hussein, btw  ::) ;D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 11:15:41 AM »

Here's my take:

McCain wins Florida easily.  There's no sizable black population, lots of military, lots of old folks, lots of right-leaning moderates.

Obama takes Ohio.  Large black population, terrible economy that has just gotten worse the past 8 years, razor-thin margin in '04, and the republicans there tend to be of the religious sort that won't be enthused about coming out for Mccain.

PA is a tossup, with McCain having a great shot of taking it.  McCain in PA's kind of republican...  fiscally conservative, socially liberal, war hawk, with an independant streak.  Remember, this is the state that elected Tom Ridge governor twice.

I think this is how it will go down:  Obama takes Ohio, McCain takes FLorida and PA, McCain wins.

However, Obama could win PA and McCain still win overall, IF McCain takes all the smaller swing states.  IMO, he wins Nevada (it's next to his home state, he's not a religious nut, and Nevada is big on defense), he wins New Mexico (also next to his home state, and there are no blacks there, but lots of hispanics who aren't enthused about Obama), he wins New Hampshire (they like independants, and he's always done well there), and it could come down to Iowa.

By percentage, Florida has more blacks than Ohio.  ::)

Lots of "old folks" is true, but many of them are well-educated, a demographic that is just as likely to vote for Obama as anyone else.  Bush had to "steal" Florida his first time around, and who's to say a charismatic Democrat couldn't win it this time around....a slight margin is all that's needed. And you can be sure that the black vote will be counted this time. Also, many more registered Dems than Republicans, and about 20% of reg voters are indep. Indeps have favored democrats this time around.

Pennsylvania went for Kerry..........not overwhelmingly, it's true.....but I don't recall it being particularly close either.  So, if a wooden democrat can carry PA, why not a charismatic Democrat? 

Nevada has a higher no. of registered democrats, and a good portion of the population is independent (16% of reg voters) this go around.  Again, why not a democrat? 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »

But a sizeable percentage of Florida's "blacks" are Carribean islanders down in Dade and Broward counties, not standard "African Americans".  They don't act like African-Ameicans, and they don't vote like African Americans.  A Black/Hispanic Cuban gets counted as "black" on the census, but he's more likely to vote Republican than not.

Pennsylvania went for Kerry..........not overwhelmingly, it's true.....but I don't recall it being particularly close either.  So, if a wooden democrat can carry PA, why not a charismatic Democrat?

Bush (a standard religious-right doofus) is not the kind of Republican Pennsylvanians warm to.  McCain, on the other hand, is.  Also, Obama's race could work against him in PA...  a lot of the Dem base in western PA are white blue-collar union workers, not liberal elites.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »
good point goatboy.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »
Yes, I believe that whites will vote for Mr. Obama.  They are turning out in droves.  Mr. Obama is a cunning man in that he insures that race is not a platform he's running on.  If he did he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has.  He lets the media talk about his race.  When is comes to race and Mr. Obama has to focus on hispanic voters.  

There will be people that vote for him because he's black and people that won't vote for him because he's black.

I think when on November 4th, people when it's (hopefully) Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain, the people will vote for change.  Mr. McCain is too close to Mr. Bush and his policies the country no longer wants this.

If Mr. Obama wins it doesn't mean anything will change over night.  He or whoever takes Mr. Bush's place has a full plate, Iraq, Iran, U.S. Economy etc...

Experience is overated when it comes to the president.  You have so many people around you it's hard to fuck up...............Unless your name is George W. Bush ;)

(This message is paid for and endorsed by Barack Obama)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »

But a sizeable percentage of Florida's "blacks" are Carribean islanders down in Dade and Broward counties, not standard "African Americans".  They don't act like African-Ameicans, and they don't vote like African Americans.  A Black/Hispanic Cuban gets counted as "black" on the census, but he's more likely to vote Republican than not.

You're reaching, goat. Maybe in S. Florida you have a bunch of Haitians.  Unless you can show me otherwise, I believe Cubans would identify as Hispanic, regardless of color.

And where are you getting all your black REPUBLICAN hispanics from?

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
haha you think the democrats actually have a chance?

doesn't matter who they put up... a black female will not win in americat
tank u jesus

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53:08 AM »
haha you think the democrats actually have a chance?

doesn't matter who they put up... a black female will not win in americat

You really should leave your home in the Ozarks once in a while. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
You're reaching, goat. Maybe in S. Florida you have a bunch of Haitians.  Unless you can show me otherwise, I believe Cubans would identify as Hispanic, regardless of color.

On the census, "hispanic" is a seperate designation from race.  WHen it asks your race, "hispanic" in not a choice...  you get "white", "black", "asian", "pacific islander", and maybe one more.  Then, "are you hispanic/latino" is a seperate question.  Therefore, you have "white hispanics" and "black hispanics", but not just "hispanics".

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »

And where are you getting all your black REPUBLICAN hispanics from?

Cubans generally vote Republican (anti-castro, and all that  ::)), and many of them are technically "black".

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »

Lots of "old folks" is true, but many of them are well-educated, a demographic that is just as likely to vote for Obama as anyone else.  Bush had to "steal" Florida his first time around, and who's to say a charismatic Democrat couldn't win it this time around....a slight margin is all that's needed. And you can be sure that the black vote will be counted this time. Also, many more registered Dems than Republicans, and about 20% of reg voters are indep. Indeps have favored democrats this time around.

Nevada has a higher no. of registered democrats, and a good portion of the population is independent (16% of reg voters) this go around.  Again, why not a democrat? 

Because there are alot of racists who will come out of the woodwork to vote against him. You have to remember, these are democrats voting for him. The republicans will bring up the race issue and probably the muslim thing will be brought up again.  The general election will be a whole different ballgame. It will get ugly.   Kerry carried Pa. but there are alot of pickup driving, tobacco chewing rednecks there. Good luck with those people.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
If Obama wins, anything he does will make him look like a Rhodes Scholar compared to the dullard we've had in The White House for the last 8 years.
He'll come up smelling like roses no matter how he fucks up. Nothing better than following a weak opening act. ;D

Couldn't have said it better myself... I think this is the consensus of most people here in the USA and our "allies" abroad....

Close minded administration means scrutiny and ridicule from the rest of the world. The Bush administration has become the butt of most jokes said across the world.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »

On the census, "hispanic" is a seperate designation from race.  WHen it asks your race, "hispanic" in not a choice...  you get "white", "black", "asian", "pacific islander", and maybe one more.  Then, "are you hispanic/latino" is a seperate question.  Therefore, you have "white hispanics" and "black hispanics", but not just "hispanics".

Well, you seem to know your hispanics better than I do.  But I'm still not convinced that the state is anything less than a toss-up. 

And I know people expect droves of rednecks to come out of the woodwork, but I really don't see that happening. If it was Jesse Jackson, sure........in fact, I'd be one of them.  But I don't see it happening for Obama. 

Once we get to the general election, McCain will be contrasted with the democratic candidate (perhaps Obama)........and then the foreclosed millions, and the hundreds of thousands who know soldiers dead for some murky purpose will come into play.  Hell, I'm not in danger of foreclosure and I'm pissed at this administration's economic policies. 

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 12:08:13 PM »
Given that Ron Paul isn't viable, maybe we should support Obama?

That's a horrible idea. Ron Paul isn't finished, either. He's still in the race waiting for McCain to be exposed or something like that, but the main thing is to continue raising awareness about the message of freedom. That's the campaign's priority right now.
~

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
That's a horrible idea. Ron Paul isn't finished, either. He's still in the race waiting for McCain to be exposed or something like that, but the main thing is to continue raising awareness about the message of freedom. That's the campaign's priority right now.

Ron Paul is the devil.