Author Topic: Congressional hearings on TV now - steroids and baseball  (Read 6597 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Congressional hearings on TV now - steroids and baseball
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »

again let me conclude this with the fact that every one in sports in america is using ENOURMOUS amounts and doses of products,,this is not a matter of 1 ampoule of testosterone once a week ,,,im talking here about consistant use of hormones through out ones career ,,,from young age before they even get into a team when they try out in highschool or latest duyring college years,,

yep, like the Shaq and the entire NBA...Basketball players are twice the size they used to be, The public thinks it is evolution and better vitamins ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »
Fuck congress.  ::)

First that shit where they had failed parents whing about their sons commiting suicide and now this bullshit.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »

Rep. Cummings speaking now on MSNBC...."I found Mr. McNamee to be...credible."

WTF??

PLEASE, for the love of god, STOP PUTTING IGNORANT BLACK PEOPLE ON TV IN FRONT OF AMERICA.

I know it makes me look ignorant to shout such a thing (on GetBig, no less), but it pisses me off when the words of an admitted drug dealer are deemed more credible than a family man who has no drug-related criminal record. 

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »
I was simply stating my opinion and we are all entitled to it. Right?

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I would never have a problem with someone stating theirs.  But when you say this,

AAS build muscle and burn fat. They have nothing to do with a players endurance. He doesn't ahve to recover asap. A starting pitcher plays one game out of every 4 on the rotation.

you are not saying it as if it is an opinion but as a statement of fact.  Furthermore, you go from speaking about "endurance" in one sentence to "recovery" in the next, which just doesn't make any sense.  They are not even close to the same thing.

Lastly, to say pitchers (or any athlete in any sport, for that matter) don't have to recover as soon as possible isn't an opinion, it's just plain wrong; even playing only one game out of four is extremely taxing.  An athlete's entire livelihood (translation: money) is based around every single performance, even more so in this day of free agency, when one missed play, shot, injury, bad pitch, etc. could mean a difference of millions of dollars and several years on a contract.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008, 02:57:48 PM »
Are you asking me?  Because I never said a word about AAS or hGH being "dangerous" or "unethical". 

In fact, I've long been saying that they should be legalized in every sport, provided they are done under supervision (to prevent athletes from getting an abscess, shutting down their T production altogether, getting gyno, etc.).  So many people are already doing it anyway - albeit stupidly in a lot of cases - that someone may as well show them how to do it right.

No, I wasn't asking you personally about your position nor trying to put words in your mouth.

My concern is, in the national conversation, HGH has been lumped into the same category as Winstrol, etc. and I disagree with that categorization.  

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2008, 03:12:36 PM »
No, I wasn't asking you personally about your position nor trying to put words in your mouth.

My concern is, in the national conversation, HGH has been lumped into the same category as Winstrol, etc. and I disagree with that categorization. 

Right on.  I'm right there with you, man.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »

Yeah, I'd put HGH with the harder drugs...heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth.
N

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »
The republicans sure love Clemens. He must have donated some $$$

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »

Who here can recall details from conversations they had 10 years ago?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »
There's no entrapment.  Here's a novel idea for Roger--Tell the Fucking Truth!  See, tell the truth and they pin nothing on him.  Good lord what is so fucking hard about that.
You're right, tell the truth and he can't see any jail time or any of that...since it's not admissible in court. But then he loses everything else...hall of fame, and more importantly to him, his status in MLB...at least as far as the public is concerned.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »
You're right, tell the truth and he can't see any jail time or any of that...since it's not admissible in court. But then he loses everything else...hall of fame, and more importantly to him, his status in MLB...at least as far as the public is concerned.
Kind of ironic that just as he was about to retire, this comes out.  Funny how shit catches up with you in life.
N

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »
again--who cares--its baseball---it just doesnt matter

although I do love that word    "misremembers"    Clemens is a retard.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2008, 12:12:34 AM »
Kind of ironic that just as he was about to retire, this comes out.  Funny how shit catches up with you in life.
Agreed.

Also funny how this is being pushed so hard during a campaign year. Coincidence? Maybe but it makes you think.

again--who cares--its baseball---it just doesnt matter

You're right, it's baseball, and it shouldn't matter one iota to congress. If they spent half the time on legitimate issues that affect Americans daily, then they'd get a lot more done that was worth something.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2008, 12:21:47 AM »
Agreed.

Also funny how this is being pushed so hard during a campaign year. Coincidence? Maybe but it makes you think.
You're right, it's baseball, and it shouldn't matter one iota to congress. If they spent half the time on legitimate issues that affect Americans daily, then they'd get a lot more done that was worth something.

there is a reason for all of it like i said here before,,you all just make sure mcain get in the white house and rest will be taken care of ,,,pay attention the approach that the repuiblicans start taking to this subject ,,make sure you check hosts such as shepard smith and bill oriely ,,,check diff right wing chanells in america,,its all getting prepared ,,,the republican will push this into none control the moment mccain gets in office as the first independent president of the new century,,

this is a begginign of discussion that will take a good 5 years but a new look will come out of it,,republican pushiing for it behind the scene and everything in america start with republicans ,,,the democrats cant do anything about it because when they in cotnrol anything goes,,,

what you want it mccain in white hosue and you need to help push it there as hard as you can ,,,you want the law to adjust and go back to a limited control and not total control and this will happen 5-7 years into mccain presidency but the gounds is getting readyt right now ,,follow the fox news channel around the world and you will see gh15 is right

remember to push mccain it is very important especially if obama is the contender since obama is a new begginign,,,the demon will lose to mccain since everyone hate her and love mccain but the black guy worry me,,,he is shows signs of greatness,,you need to push mccain in thats it ,,you got good 7-8 months
fallen angel

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2008, 12:23:06 AM »

there is a reason for all of it like i said here before,,you all just make sure mcain get in the white house and rest will be taken care of ,,,pay attention the approach that the repuiblicans start taking to this subject ,,make sure you check hosts such as shepard smith and bill oriely ,,,check diff right wing chanells in america,,its all getting prepared ,,,the republican will push this into none control the moment mccain gets in office as the first independent president of the new century,,

this is a begginign of discussion that will take a good 5 years but a new look will come out of it,,republican pushiing for it behind the scene and everything in america start with republicans ,,,the democrats cant do anything about it because when they in cotnrol anything goes,,,

what you want it mccain in white hosue and you need to help push it there as hard as you can ,,,you want the law to adjust and go back to a limited control and not total control and this will happen 5-7 years into mccain presidency but the gounds is getting readyt right now ,,follow the fox news channel around the world and you will see gh15 is right

remember to push mccain it is very important especially if obama is the contender since obama is a new begginign,,,the demon will lose to mccain since everyone hate her and love mccain but the black guy worry me,,,he is shows signs of greatness,,you need to push mccain in thats it ,,you got good 7-8 months

YOu could help turn the tide for McCain if you got him to start posting here.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2008, 08:51:36 AM »
Fuck congress.  ::)

First that shit where they had failed parents whing about their sons commiting suicide and now this bullshit.

Their kid died for one of two reasons:

Either

1) he was mentally ill

or

2) they were shitty parents

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Their kid died for one of two reasons:

Either

1) he was mentally ill

or

2) they were shitty parents

It was a combination of the two.  His parents pushed him unmercifully into baseball and basically created a human who's self worth was determined by his accomplishments in baseball.  I remember an interview with them where it was so clear that they pushed this kid to the breaking point.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »
A. Of course Clemens used gear.
B. Who fucking cares? So does everyone else. I hope he gets away with it.
C. Congress are a bunch of useless douchebags.

That is all.
Ron: "I am lazy."

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »
It was a combination of the two.  His parents pushed him unmercifully into baseball and basically created a human who's self worth was determined by his accomplishments in baseball.  I remember an interview with them where it was so clear that they pushed this kid to the breaking point.

Were these the same parents who were on that MTV True Life episode about steroids a while back?  I didn't see the hearing, and I'm just curious.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2008, 02:36:43 PM »
Yeah, I'd put HGH with the harder drugs...heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth.

Well, you're a jealous asshole who's got a problem with steroid users.

Spare the rest of us who could care less and would rather have our tax money better spent.