Author Topic: Congressional hearings on TV now - steroids and baseball  (Read 6636 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Congressional hearings on TV now - steroids and baseball
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
Shays: "You were a drug dealer."

McNamee: "That's your opinion.  I just did what they asked."

Shays: "You were dealing with drugs, were you not?"

McNamee: "Yes."

Shays: "And the drugs you dealt with were illegal, were they not?"

McNamee: "Yes."

Shays: "Then explain to me how you are not a drug dealer."

McNamee: "That's your opinion."

Shays: "I'm asking you, sir, to tell me how dealing in illegal drugs makes you something other than a drug dealer."

McNamee =  pwnt

This little exchange is much ado about nothing.  So what, he sold drugs but he doesn't consider himself a drug dealer.  The important thing is that he admits to selling drugs.  Does the fact that he doesn't consider himself a dealer make his testimony any less credible?  No.

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »
Yes, HGH speeds up recovery times.

How is this 'dangerous'? 

Beyond that, how can its use be considered unethical?

I really want HGH taken out of the steroid debate, but today's hearings did nothing to help my cause. 

Are you asking me?  Because I never said a word about AAS or hGH being "dangerous" or "unethical". 

In fact, I've long been saying that they should be legalized in every sport, provided they are done under supervision (to prevent athletes from getting an abscess, shutting down their T production altogether, getting gyno, etc.).  So many people are already doing it anyway - albeit stupidly in a lot of cases - that someone may as well show them how to do it right.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
You are showing that you know absolutely nothing about the realities of the sport of baseball.  No one said anything about endurance; the real concern is recovery.  Do you have any earthly idea whatsoever what throwing 85+ for six to seven innings - even only every four or five days - does to your arm and shoulder?  Actually, I can answer that for you: no, you don't.  Otherwise, you obviously would not have said what you said.

I would venture to guess you really don't know much about AAS either, as you seem to be one of the people that think their only purpose is for building/preserving muscle and losing fat.
Yes I do know and I have been around AAS and bbdg way longer than you. Secondly, you're a newbie here with your little 2 stars so don't talk down to me.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »
Yes I do know and I have been around AAS and bbdg way longer than you. Secondly, you're a newbie here with your little 2 stars so don't talk down to me.

LOL  ;D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 12:30:59 PM »

what a nitwit.  because you have more posts people are supposed to look up to you?  god you're a douche

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »

Who questioned your knowledge about bodybuilding?  And if you really knew as much about AAS as you seem to be claiming, you would not have made such a simplistic statement as "AAS builds muscle and burns fat."  If you're so knowledgeable, you should know there's a lot more to it than that.

I wasn't talking down to you; I simply pointed out the fallacious argument you made regarding baseball in general and pitchers in particular.

Lastly, stars have nothing to do with how much someone knows or how long they've been reading this board.  I've been reading this board a lot longer than you probably think.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 12:40:35 PM »

Lastly, stars have nothing to do with how much someone knows or how long they've been reading this board.  I've been reading this board a lot longer than you probably think.
I know nothing about AAs and i have alot of stars
L

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
Here is more fabulous info.

The whole point of this investigation is based around Clemens using HGH between 1998-2001 without a prescription. The statute of limitations on such a crime is 5yrs. In short, there is nothing to convict him for that can hold in a court of law...if this goes to court, if he did in fact use HGH without a prescription can not be brought into any court in the U.S.

The only thing now admissible in court is did Clemens comit perjury when testifying before congress. Obviously if the hearing had never taken place, he would not have been able to commit perjury. Seems like entrapment to me, since there is no basis behind the accusation, since the statute of limitations prevents it.

Just when you thought congress could not be more retarded they choose to amaze us again Tongue

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »
Clemens on gas.....biggest joke of the decade. They guy had a pot that hung to the floor and 3 chins. AAS build muscle/burn bodyfat. Regardless, steriods in baseball is ridiculous anyway. Sus 250, deca, winny and HGH all to hit a ball. There is no benefit to a baseball player on gas. It's a hand/eye co-ordination sport. That would be like a billiards player taking gas to sink an 8 ball in the corner pocket. Talk about shooting blanks and a waste of AAS. And for the US government to put something as moronic as steroids in baseball ahead of bigger problems like terrorism, homeland security and getting guns and violence off the street is absolutely ludacris.

You're on something if you really believe this.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Congressional hearings - steroids and baseball
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 01:14:45 PM »
These guys are so delusionally arrogant that they think that if they say something that it will be beleived without question.  The attitude really never ceases to amaze me.  Does he not understand the implications of this?  And why isn't he listening to his lawyer's advice to just stfu.

Being treated as god for a couple of decades can do that, completely insulted from reality. Arrogant turd.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
Here is more fabulous info.

The whole point of this investigation is based around Clemens using HGH between 1998-2001 without a prescription. The statute of limitations on such a crime is 5yrs. In short, there is nothing to convict him for that can hold in a court of law...if this goes to court, if he did in fact use HGH without a prescription can not be brought into any court in the U.S.

The only thing now admissible in court is did Clemens comit perjury when testifying before congress. Obviously if the hearing had never taken place, he would not have been able to commit perjury. Seems like entrapment to me, since there is no basis behind the accusation, since the statute of limitations prevents it.

Just when you thought congress could not be more retarded they choose to amaze us again Tongue

There's no entrapment.  Here's a novel idea for Roger--Tell the Fucking Truth!  See, tell the truth and they pin nothing on him.  Good lord what is so fucking hard about that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
You're on something if you really believe this.
My argument was not that he didn't use but merely the stupidity of it. Weather clemens took or not I could care less.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
Re: Congressional hearings - steroids and baseball
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
Being treated as god for a couple of decades can do that, completely insulated from reality. Arrogant turd.
mixed

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
what a nitwit.  because you have more posts people are supposed to look up to you?  god you're a douche
No, but I don't need people who barely post here to give me attitude because I stated my opinion on something.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
Who questioned your knowledge about bodybuilding?  And if you really knew as much about AAS as you seem to be claiming, you would not have made such a simplistic statement as "AAS builds muscle and burns fat."  If you're so knowledgeable, you should know there's a lot more to it than that.

I wasn't talking down to you; I simply pointed out the fallacious argument you made regarding baseball in general and pitchers in particular.

I was simply stating my opinion and we are all entitled to it. Right?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »
No, but I don't need people who barely post here to give me attitude because I stated my opinion on something.

what does it matter if they barely post here?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »
what a WONDERFUL use of taxpayer dollars. ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »

I know of about 90,000 homeless people in downtown LA who could have been fed for a couple of weeks off the money spent on these hearings.

Thank god they are spending it wisely.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »

best post so far----who fucking gives a big flying fuck about all this--its baseball, its not world war or hunger or anything important---its fucking baseball

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
I know of about 90,000 homeless people in downtown LA who could have been fed for a couple of weeks off the money spent on these hearings.

Thank god they are spending it wisely.
Doesn't matter.  They'd be hungry after that meal anyhow. ;D
N

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »
the fat guy was on testosterone gh majority of the 90s,,he didnt do anything different than the others ,,he did exactly the same as the other fat mgwire,,both also used strength improving products such as halotestin and oxandrolone in oral forms

the  clemens fella has a lot of money and due to statue of limitation wont be able to be prosecuted for something everyone diesm,,,what he may suffer is perjury and a year in prison ,,again clemans is a republican and IS HIGHLY CONECTED TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IN THE USA,,

gh15 told you that when you have money you are king in usa,,clemens is not a king in the form of michael jackson ,,madonna ,,spilberg,,warren,,gh15,,,jordan,,,he is more of an inbetwen when it comes to money but highly connected to the republican party and thus most likley will never serve time even for perjury,,

again let me conclude this with the fact that every one in sports in america is using ENOURMOUS amounts and doses of products,,this is not a matter of 1 ampoule of testosterone once a week ,,,im talking here about consistant use of hormones through out ones career ,,,from young age before they even get into a team when they try out in highschool or latest duyring college years,,

the trainer is very honest,,but even he can not pin point to what a pro athlete and amatuer athlete uses because he will simply get murdered by the money  makers ,,BIG MONEY MAKERS,,who stand behind those athletes,,clemens is hghly involved in politics in usa,, its just the wrong tree to climb on but then again you see the reality in front of your face once again

he is a erogent fella but it is known for years,,takes lots of errogence to be sucesful in usa

fallen angel

Stavios

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 01:55:41 PM »
clemens is not a king in the form of michael jackson ,,madonna ,,spilberg,,warren,,gh15,,,jordan,,,

;D ;D ;D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
I used to enjoy reading gh15's posts.  Now he just sounds like an annoying twit with the same shit over and over again.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »
I used to enjoy reading gh15's posts.  Now he just sounds like an annoying twit with the same shit over and over again.
you should listen to him, you might learn something.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »
you should listen to him, you might learn something.

guy please.  same shit over and over again.  tells us nothing we already don't know.