Author Topic: Russia warns Iran on missiles, uranium enrichment  (Read 958 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Russia warns Iran on missiles, uranium enrichment
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL1373827920080213?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=22&sp=true

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia warned Iran on Wednesday that its development of rockets and continued uranium enrichment was creating the impression Tehran was intentionally ignoring the concerns of the international community....

I bring this up or post it because last week the SECDEF met with the Russians offline at another conference. He said that they were hopeful that they could resolve the missile defence issue they were having.
I think we're scratching each others back....Its a small step.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Russia warns Iran on missiles, uranium enrichment
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »
Odd.  It was the Russians that sold Iran it's new Reactors...and helped them build them too.

I think it's a smoke screen placating the national community while still supporting their Iranian allies.

Has it been proven that Iran is enriching weaponsgrade uranium?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
Well whether they are or aren't .....wack job continues to pop off at the mouth. The Israeli's have whats considered the best Intel network in the world. They say they are. We don't..the CIA has never predicted Nukes...not in Russia/China/Cuba...all a mess. So I'm sure they are working toward it. The Israeli's won't launch unless they know that Iran has em....they can't afford to be wrong..like ur best buddy george.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
Well whether they are or aren't .....wack job continues to pop off at the mouth. The Israeli's have whats considered the best Intel network in the world. They say they are. We don't..the CIA has never predicted Nukes...not in Russia/China/Cuba...all a mess. So I'm sure they are working toward it. The Israeli's won't launch unless they know that Iran has em....they can't afford to be wrong..like ur best buddy george.
I don't trust anything the Israelis have to say about their enemies.  All our best intel and the UN conclude that Iran isn't developing anything.

Of course the irony here is is that Israel has never acknowledged its nuclear weapons....which would be illegal...if they exist.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
We backed off our assesment two weeks ago...U will know they are up to something if Israel attacks....They won't go in with anything other then 100%. Or they might make their eveidence known before hand.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:49:47 PM »
We backed off our assesment two weeks ago...U will know they are up to something if Israel attacks....They won't go in with anything other then 100%. Or they might make their eveidence known before hand.
I heard a version of that story with Iraq too.  For all the hate directed at the UN, it's been right about these things more than the US.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 01:51:38 PM »
The UN is a joke...I just posted that our Intel record on Nukes is 0-6  or 0-7...so we don't know either.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 02:15:34 PM »
The UN is a joke...I just posted that our Intel record on Nukes is 0-6  or 0-7...so we don't know either.
Really?  A joke?  How so?

Who was correct about Iraq's WMDs?

Was it the UN?

Or was it the US?

So you are saying that this NIE which concludes that Iran discontinued any earnest attempt at developing nuclear weapons in 2003 http://www.dni.gov/press_releases/20071203_release.pdf has been "backed off" from a few weeks ago?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »
Yes...he said that he wasn't so sure. I'll find a link. I've seen the UN in action...they're a joke. Were they right...yeah they were right..congrats.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
Yes...he said that he wasn't so sure. I'll find a link. I've seen the UN in action...they're a joke. Were they right...yeah they were right..congrats.
Only one problem with that.

It cost at least 80,000 people their lives.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
Again......Bush did what he did....I harbor no guilt nor responsibilty in what happened. I am not happy with his conduct of the war...or his reasons for going to war but Saddam was no bargain..so had we done it right maybe those folks would still be alive and my fellow soldiers as well.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »
Only one problem with that.

It cost at least 80,000 people their lives.

The body count of bushs mistakes, climbs higher everyday.. :-[

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

The body count of bushs mistakes, climbs higher everyday.. :-[
Bush has orchestrated so many more deaths than Osama Bin Laden did on 9/11.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 03:14:19 PM »
Again......Bush did what he did....I harbor no guilt nor responsibilty in what happened. I am not happy with his conduct of the war...or his reasons for going to war but Saddam was no bargain..so had we done it right maybe those folks would still be alive and my fellow soldiers as well.
I understand your view.  I don't agree with it.  To me, there is no cavalier, 'he did what he did'...that's not justice. 

That is something else.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »
I'm glad we don't name call..civil debate and all that...anyway be nice to hear ur opinion of Barack as he would appear to be ur parties choice.....
L