Author Topic: HIV and gear  (Read 1607 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
HIV and gear
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:57:13 AM »
There's this dude that works near where i work, he's jacked, about 6'3 260lbs, lean as a mutha, an older guy prob in his early 50's, a couple months back we started bs'ing about gear, he's surprisingly moderate in what he takes 200mg of  Cyp and 200mg of deca a week, it's just that he stays on year round. he admitted to me yesterday he's had hiv for the last 16 years, turns out he was a heroin junky years back. he said he's in the best shape of his life, working out has saved him. he said he's seen guys that were diagnosed around the same time as him die left and right with the exception of the guys that worked out. I"m curious though, he said the hiv meds he on keeps him super lean, even when eating whatever he wants. what is this drug???

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: HIV and gear
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
Growth Hormone. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »
Growth Hormone. 

That would be my guess as well.

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:41:26 AM »
no, we spoke of gh too, he really doesnt use it much, he prefers AAS, he said it's a pill, his legs were big and shredded like a pro...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 06:38:40 AM »
Just ask him...he's the one who would know.

8)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:46:46 AM »
There is a known effect of some of the HIV medicines that KILLS fat cells.
I dont know about it exactly,what medicine and what are the other side effects.
But its well documented (shit there was even an episode about the on Nip Tuck).

Its been rumored that BB's take some of those drugs,do lypo suctions and use coke to fight the fat.
One the supports to those claims is that allot of bodybuilders seem to have very litle fat (even in the offseason) around some body parts such as abs due to no fat cells.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 09:06:56 AM »
my bro has a sound install company and we hooked up a predominantly gay gym last year. alot of the guys there have the super low body fat thing going on. maybe it is the hiv meds. i have noticed super ripped calves and forearms and ive wondered how they get so lean.

4thAD

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 10:07:14 AM »
my bro has a sound install company and we hooked up a predominantly gay gym last year. alot of the guys there have the super low body fat thing going on. maybe it is the hiv meds. i have noticed super ripped calves and forearms and ive wondered how they get so lean.

Discipline!

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »
Discipline!

Yeah its a widely known fact that gays are really into their physiques, so it would stand to reason that they work 'hard' to stay lean, etc.

Also is it the meds or the aids itself that gets these guys lean? Because isnt a side effect of aids massive weightloss? So if you added juice to that you'd probably stay pretty lean...?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
Discipline!
i understand, but ive seen these guys walking around at sub 7% all year 24/7 and i know there is discipline but also seems like something else. gonna have to ask if we get a service call for their sat radio or tv. maybe baygbm has an answer.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »
Its secondary to the drugs they are taking and the disease itself.   Lypodystrophy is a well known fact of HIV postive people which includes abnormal blood lipid changes and changes in body fat.  Essentially what happens is they get an abnormal distribution of fat with fat loss on the arms, face, legs, and calves and accumulation of fat between the shoulder blades and around the abdomen.  It depends on how fat the person was prior to getting the disease.  For some reason people who were thin to begin with tend to become excessively thin and those who are obese tend to have central fat deposition.  You see soemwhat of a similar effect in cats that are long term survivors of FIV and great apes with SIV.  

It was first thought this was due to the protease inhibitors, but then it was identified in individuals not taking them.  Zerit has been thought to cause fat loss also.  HGH is used to combat muscle wasting in some HIV patients, which can also cause loss of body fat.   There is also some suggestion that Aids patients taking metformin for abnormal lipid metabolism will have changes in bodyfat distribution.  

Basically, their weight loss and ultralow bodyfat is complex as hell and its not fully understood everything that contributes to it, but it appears to be a combination of factors.  

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »
i personally would never take the drug, whatever it is, i'll mess with a little juice, but i honestly feel when you start messing with slin and thyroid pills you are seriously messing with big mother nature...

for the sake of this thread i will ask him the name of that pill....

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
i personally would never take the drug, whatever it is, i'll mess with a little juice, but i honestly feel when you start messing with slin and thyroid pills you are seriously messing with big mother nature...

for the sake of this thread i will ask him the name of that pill....

i would keep my distance from him if i were you dirty, he's liable to spit while straining and shoot that virus into your mouth..... they say you cant catch it unless its a gallon of saliva but they say shit all the time and change it....
ah yeah Im a voodo child

4thAD

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »
i would keep my distance from him if i were you dirty, he's liable to spit while straining and shoot that virus into your mouth..... they say you cant catch it unless its a gallon of saliva but they say shit all the time and change it....

Well look who comes out of the woods! Whats up brotha? Good to see ya. The Voodoo Child.........

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
hiv "kill" fatcells?

Fair to say I'm negative ;D

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 05:57:28 AM »
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT.........MY DISTANCE IS KEPT...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 08:16:41 PM »

VOODOO CHILD SPEAKS!   ;D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...